Thicken Up Hairline Challenge

Radianthealth

I want to start a challenge to thicken up my hairline. I have worn braids for too long and I believe I am suffering from an extremely thin hairline because of them. I am hoping that it is not too late to nurse my hairline back to health.
  • I will be using the ORS system but I will use the liquid solution instead of the cream (the cream has mineral oil or petroleum in it).
  • I will use the uplifting shampoo twice per week and the baking soda scalp cleaner every two weeks.
  • I will put MN and my sulfur oil mixture (WGHO, Coconut oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Castor Oil, Peppermint EO, & Sulfur Powder) on my scalp every night concentrating on the hairline.
  • I have stopped brushing my hair
  • I only use wide tooth combs to comb hair while wet
  • I will try to tie my satin scarf looser at night
  • I will style my hair in loose buns
If you ladies would like to join my challenge feel free to do so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will not formally announce the participants anyone is free to join.

I am going to look into incorporating Rosemary EO into this regimen, hopefully this will help with my issue. I will take before and after pictures.

UPDATE:

ETA: I don't use any of the stuff listed above anymore, it seems that just about anything that you use will work, so I keep it simple and stick with Emu oil & essential oils.

Emu Oil is also working wonders on my crown area, I would suggest that folks utilize pure emu oil to help with inflammed scalp and hair loss.

http://www.emu-oil.com/alopeciaareata.htm

I also have some jojoba oil but I haven't used it on my scalp yet.

Last edited:

MonaRae

Re: Thicken Up Hairline Challenge 2006

I'm down! I really need to thicken my hair!
I will use Pantothenic Acid and Carrot Juice daily to obtain thicker hair!

MonaRae

liv4life9

I am definitely in! I just started focusing on my hairline a few weeks ago. I am using a mixture of nexxus vittatrees biotin creme, emu oil, and m.n. on my scalp, concentrating on the hairline. So far I have seen some results ... hoping to see more.

ChocoKitty

I'll join just for the fun of it...;)

I'll be using MTG/WGO and Surge.

Radianthealth

Cool, Update: It is always hard to post a regimen because I am constantly changing. Right now I have cooled down on my beloved conditioning washes because my hair is over moisturized. I am trying to get the protein moisture balance back. I will continue to work on my edges. I am now stying them so that they are not pulled back tightly into my bun. I use the ORS no more flakes and hairline serum to comb them slightly forward kinda like "styled baby hair" but not really. It isn't as jelled down or 90's' looking. Just a healthier gentler way of dealing with the hairline.

I will be using the ORS Uplifting shampoo. I used some last night and liked it, it kept my hair from tangling.

Radianthealth

Update: I have been using the ORS liquid uplifting serum daily and uplifting shampoo twice per week. I also use WGO on the scalp and hairline. It seems to be making the hair that is present grow in healthy. I still have a long way to go but I believe I am seeing progress. I think I will need a full 4-6 months to see a full thick hairline again.

nychaelasymone

I received some interesting news concerning the ORS scalp scrub......(all alleged) but my stylist said that the version they sell over the counter is missing a key ingredient that allows it to penetrate the scalp. They sell a version only made for licensed cosmotologist that is supposed to work. Just something to think about........

cutiebe2

I would like to join this! I am using MN and vitamin E oil on the hairlines everyday.

LABETT

I just restocked on ORS Hair Mayo, Nexxus L-Cysteine Treatment and 3 bottles of Jamacian Black Castor Oil to help strenthen my strands.
I will continue to only relax every three months.

NYRICAN1

The ORS line is great when I had this problem because of braids and getting touchups too often I tried this . The ORS shampoo, the mayonnaise and the serum(2 times a day) it helped me a lot. Stretching my relaxer and cowashes also helped tremendously. Now I am on a vitamin challenge. HHG LADIES

BLESSED1

I'm so in, gonna use profectiv growth & healing cream mixed w/ peppermint EO

MzOptimistic

I am in because my hairline needs to be thickened up. My hairline is actually filling in slowly but I was not really concentrating on my hairline but I noticed it because I can now wear a bun and I could not at first because of my hairline. What products are the best products to grow my hairline? I have Dr. Miracles temple and nape and I have used it once or twice. I now use it in my little daughters hair. What should I use ladies? One more thing everytime I jumped in on a challenge, I have a hard time finding the challenge thread sooooo what can I do to make finding the thread in the future. I have joined a shoulder length challenge, no heat challenge, GHLW challenge, and now this one but I get tired of surfing through all the threads to find the challenges so I just say forget it. Sorry my post is so long.

redruby

i am currently in braids now and i am really scared of losing my hairline, so i am definitely in, i am currently using ors fertilizing temple balm mixed with vitamin E oil twice a day, i did try M.N for a week but i read the reviews for ORS fertilizing temple balm and i decided to give it a try. i also have the serum, maybe i will alternate between the two.

Radianthealth

What products are the best products to grow my hairline? I am not sure yet...currrently I am using Organic Root Stimulator liquid serum. I use the liquid because the cream has petrolatum or mineral oil in it.

I have Dr. Miracles temple and nape and I have used it once or twice. I now use it in my little daughters hair. What should I use ladies?
I am not a fan of this product. It has mineral oil as one of the first ingredients. I can't see that this can do much for your hair. I think the only think that you are feeling are the essential oils that give your scalp a tingle and you can get that by mixing peppermint oil into your own carrier oil.

One more thing everytime I jumped in on a challenge, I have a hard time finding the challenge thread sooooo what can I do to make finding the thread in the future.
You can use the search this forum feature with a key word from each of the challenges. This one can be found by typing in Hairline. Make sure that you specify that you want it to be the title of the thread.

Hair2day

I am in! I just took my sew in weave down & my hair line has suffered a bit. I will be using the ORS temple balm-this has worked for me before. This time I wll also try using it on my nape area. Good Luck to All!:)

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length

I'm in I'll be using MTG

BTW Tsmith if you go to thread tools you can subscribe to the thread and then come back to it when you want without having to look through all the threads.

kbody4

I'm definitely in :lol: I just started using the ORS Fertilizing Temple Balm this past Saturday for my edges. Also I'm gonna try stretching my relaxers more. My goal is to relax every 10-12 weeks. I'm also learning how to finger comb my hair as well.

sareca

Count me in. I'm gonna use my trusty MTG. Just for my hairline. Otherwise people start talkin'.

Last edited:

I am in,i see myself using 70% mtg,30% surge,mixed w/emu,peppermint and rosemary oils.I can't do those run in your face temple balms,I may take a look at the empress regrowth balm.weekly-ors scalp scrub,braids and weaves wrecked havoc on my hair line.

MissDiva

I'm in. I've tried pretty much everything but I've done nothing consistantly. Currently I'm trying to use up some growth serum I cooked up with Rosemary oil, vitamin E, aloe vera gel and msm. Once finished I'm going to try pure Vitamin E alone and if all else fails I'll try the surge again. I can't stomach strong smells so MTG is not an option.

missnurselady

I'm in! I will be using my MGT mix(wgo,mtg,jamacian black castor oil,peppermint eo,surge 14 & 7 miracles oil) and MN on my edges.

lonesomedove

trimbride said:
I want to start a challenge to thicken up my hairline. I have worn braids for too long and I believe I am suffering from an extremely thin hairline because of them. I am hoping that it is not too late to nurse my hairline back to health.
  • I will be using the ORS system but I will use the liquid solution instead of the cream (the cream has mineral oil or petroleum in it).
  • I will use the uplifting shampoo twice per week and the baking soda scalp cleaner every two weeks.
  • I will put MN and my sulfur oil mixture (WGHO, Coconut oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Castor Oil, Peppermint EO, & Sulfur Powder) on my scalp every night concentrating on the hairline.
  • I have stopped brushing my hair
  • I only use wide tooth combs to comb hair while wet
  • I will try to tie my satin scarf looser at night
  • I will style my hair in loose buns
If you ladies would like to join my challenge feel free to do so. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will not formally announce the participants anyone is free to join.

I am going to look into incorporating Rosemary EO into this regimen, hopefully this will help with my issue. I will take before and after pictures.
So how did the ORS system work for you?

curlyj

My hairline has thickened up considerably...
MTG did it...I use it everynight...On my last wash I pul a peice from my sides and it was about 3 inches( and i do mean mena my most outer edge of hair line) I was shocked.
WGO is excellent as well...But castor will do the job as well...

Hope this helps!

Proudpiscean

I'm late, but I'm game. I had braids in for about 2 months and noticed some thinning around my hairline. I'll start massaging some EO's (emu oil, almond oil, etc...) into my hairline, take vitamins, and see how it works out.

MzOptimistic

I am in but I need to figure out what to use....let me go see what I have if not I might need to go buy something TODAY....

MzOptimistic

curlyj said:
My hairline has thickened up considerably...
MTG did it...I use it everynight...On my last wash I pul a peice from my sides and it was about 3 inches( and i do mean mena my most outer edge of hair line) I was shocked.
WGO is excellent as well...But castor will do the job as well...

Hope this helps!

I have some of this that I use once a week maybe I will apply it only to my hairline 3x's a week.

babygurl969

Can you only use the ORS Temple cream on the temple, my nape area could really use something to thicken it up, do you think it work on that area too? TIA

Shine-On

I'm in. No brushing and moisturizing that area regularly should do it for me.

daedae157

i'm in! :D
dr. miracle's once a day on my hairline, and essential oils on my hairline every other day should do it
also massaging my hairline daily

let's do this ladies! :)

Tee

I am in. I have been using surge for a few weeks. I will post how it's working for me.