Thicken Up Hairline Challenge

Funkparadise

Re: Thicken Up Hairline Challenge 2006

I'm in. My temples are so sad. :cry:

I've been using MN for a month. There may be some progress. I'm not sure. I'm going to continue to use it (I'll start MTG back up in November) to give it a chance.

deltagyrl

I'm in. Due to postpartum shedding my edges have thinned out and I HATE it!:mad:

I've started using MTG and I'm already seeing results..... I don't know what funky smell everybody's talking about when they mention MTG. I was expecting it to smell like straight up Ba-Duss!!!! Instead it smells mediciney to me.
I apply a tiny amount to my hairline almost daily.

Cayenne0622

delta_gyrl said:
I'm in. Due to postpartum shedding my edges have thinned out and I HATE it!:mad:

I've started using MTG and I'm already seeing results..... I don't know what funky smell everybody's talking about when they mention MTG. I was expecting it to smell like straight up Ba-Duss!!!! Instead it smells mediciney to me.
I apply a tiny amount to my hairline almost daily.

Buhahahaha @ "ba-duss"!! hahahahahaha You're are crazy! I've been considering MTG. I'll try it one day.

Proudpiscean

O.k.... it's official MTG is the truth! My hairline has done a 360 since I've been using this stuff. I had micros back in March/April and some cornrows in June which did a number on my hairline. I started using MTG weekly in July and my hairline is back fuller than ever! Even my dry, flaky scalp is cured! It's a keeper for me. :)

Radianthealth

Congratulations Amr501!!!!!!

Keep up the good work, it is good to see you made good progress in such a short amount of time!

XXXtacy

Is it too late to join???

This is the Challenge I really need!!!

Radianthealth

It is not too late to join. I am not going to stop until my hairline looks like a forest!!!

I want to not be able to see any scalp when I pull my hair back into a ponytail.:D :D :D

I just did my relaxer, I made sure to relax my hairline last. It is still wavy but I like it because it feels healthy and I didn't lose any hair in the process.

nychaelasymone

just some info.....

cortizone creams (over the counter) can help u w/ growth. It allows the scalp to relax and stimulates growth. Don't use it for more than 6 weeks at a time. 6 weeks on 6 weeks off

My dermatologist says the temples are take the longest to respond to regrowth....trust me, I know. But I'm back in action....I have hair. Once I learn how to xfer pics...I'll postem

-B&B has a new essential oil mixture that can be used on the temples, it's not on their website yet.....

-I've learned to apply MTG (when I remember to use it) w/ a q-tip. It helps me apply it to the areas I want and the smell seems to dissapate faster. I guess cause i'm using less

-word of advise. just baby your hairline. Remember that when you wash your hair, you sometimes get your edges wet which causes them to dry out faster.....also be careful when applying foundation, this to can clog pores along the hairline.

-it really takes about 2 years for hair, especially damaged hairlines to fully recover so, be patient, keep taking care of your hair and u will see results.

hths

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day

Can we extend this Challenge for 2007? :look:

I have a terrible hairline due to years of tension on the hairline. I wore my hair pulled back in a ponytail for years. I already have thin, fine hair and did not realize the problem had gotten so bad.

I just had a touch up last week and when my hair is freshly relaxed, you can really see the extent of my problem.

I needed the courage to confront this problem and after reading about so many others with this issue, I can now face it. I know my baby sister has a balding hairline worse than mine. I would love to be able to find a solution for the both of us.

I've taken some pics and posted in my Fotki so I can see any progress.
Since my touch up, I have started using the SURGE PLUS 14 Hair Revitalizer and the SURGE Ultra Max. Prayerfully this will help along with less tension on the hairline.

I already do the supplements and have begun cowashes and stretches.

ShaniKeys

nychaelasymone said:
just some info.....

cortizone creams (over the counter) can help u w/ growth. It allows the scalp to relax and stimulates growth. Don't use it for more than 6 weeks at a time. 6 weeks on 6 weeks off

My dermatologist says the temples are take the longest to respond to regrowth....trust me, I know. But I'm back in action....I have hair. Once I learn how to xfer pics...I'll postem

-B&B has a new essential oil mixture that can be used on the temples, it's not on their website yet.....

-I've learned to apply MTG (when I remember to use it) w/ a q-tip. It helps me apply it to the areas I want and the smell seems to dissapate faster. I guess cause i'm using less

-word of advise. just baby your hairline. Remember that when you wash your hair, you sometimes get your edges wet which causes them to dry out faster.....also be careful when applying foundation, this to can clog pores along the hairline.

-it really takes about 2 years for hair, especially damaged hairlines to fully recover so, be patient, keep taking care of your hair and u will see results.

hths
Thanks for saying that about the foundation thing, I knew it wasn't right to do it when I'm blending my foundation, but you're absolutely right, thank you.

kls4c03

Where can you buy Rosemary EO? Is there anywhere online to buy it? I went to the GNC in my area and surprizingly they didn't sell it.

OneShinyface

kls4c03 said:
Where can you buy Rosemary EO? Is there anywhere online to buy it? I went to the GNC in my area and surprizingly they didn't sell it.

If you have a Whole Foods near you, you can buy it there. Otherwise, you'll probably do better with an e-tailer like fromnaturewithlove.com.

Radianthealth

I am still pretty happy with my progress, currently I am using Vatika oil with rosemary essential oil.

My hairline is in great shape.

I hope everyone else experienced great results
:)

sweetwhispers

nope, still in the same place- but i've not been consistent. Ok right now i'm going to rub some castor oil on my edges then go to sleep.
Goodnight

HERicane10

sweetwhispers said:
i've switched to a sulphur oil mix now. Hope it helps

My sulphur oil concoction worked wonders! Hope you have the same results with yours!;)

Guapa1

I need to sort out my hairline too, I'm going to go right the way back and read the whole thing. I'm thinking rosemary oil in amla oil though.

mahoganee

Did anyone have good results with the Dr Miracle's temple and nape balm? I went to the BSS a couple of hours ago and they gave me a couple of samples to try. I did get a tingly feeling and it smells good too. Like licorice.

Radianthealth

mahoganee said:
Did anyone have good results with the Dr Miracle's temple and nape balm? I went to the BSS a couple of hours ago and they gave me a couple of samples to try. I did get a tingly feeling and it smells good too. Like licorice.
I got good results using the one from Organic Root Stimulator. I think just about anything will work as long as you treat your hairline gently.:)

Radianthealth

Welcome Scarcity!

I hope you find tips to help you with your hairline. Mine has done a complete turn around. I am working on maintaining my progress while improving other areas of my head like my crown area.

I am rocking medium sized braids for 12 weeks to get some improvement. I will be stretching my relaxer for 6 months. I will have to be very careful about self relaxing too so that I don't compromise any of my work.

gymfreak336

I wanted to add that my hairline is looking much thicker since using bt every night and a couple of drops of hairobics oil.

RZILYNT

gymfreak336 said:
I wanted to add that my hairline is looking much thicker since using bt every night and a couple of drops of hairobics oil.

Where do you purchase the hairobics oil? does it have a scent to it?

Radianthealth

Boundless tresses sounds great, I am glad so many peop[le are seeing results from it.

cutiebe2

mahoganee said:

I used Dr.Miracle for 3 months with okay results....the problem was that after a while the tingling feeling stoped...the cosistency of the product changed too (it became harder, like hard gelatin)
I am just ogin to chuck the rest of it and start using some stimilating oils recommended in this thread