thin ends /lead hairs update

D.Lisha

Wow, nice hair OP!
I've always believed in the theory of "lead hairs" and now I have legit proof that it's real! :yep:
Also, where can I find a copy of "Chicorro's Book?" I've heard all the rave about it and i'd like to check it out ASAP

sunnieb

OP, your hair is beautiful! Thank you so much for posting this. I cut off 2 inches earlier this year, but most of that was damage that I was tired of hanging on to. My progress pics from my last relaxer 2 weeks ago look like I had serious breakage even though I know my ends are healthy and not breaking.

Because of this thread, I won't be trimming again until next summer (maybe). I'm just going to wait it out and let my hair even out on its own.

gadgetdiva

You have made a believer out of me! I was looking at my ends thinking I needed to trim...I trim a lot. Well I am hiding my scissors from myself! No more snipping... my ends are good now and I am going to let the rest of my hair catch up.
Your hair is awesome!

Qualitee

Congrats OP! Ive always been a believer in letting your hair catch up because the same thing happened to me. I didnt trim and my hair grew back in just fine :grin:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks for this.

I didn't want to cut my see-through ends, and now I'm glad I didn't.

My hair has thickened as well, allllll the way down to the ends. I trimmed a tad here and there, but not the major BIG CHOP everyone kept pushing at me. "Cut them Cut them Cut them!!!" is a big thing around here. My remaining ends were also healthy, so it felt ridiculous to keep cutting those hairs when they would just keep growing back the same way.

Lead hairs. You've got to give them time to catch-up. I co-washed and wetbunned, just started using vaseline, and my ends are sooo much better. You really have to do what's right for your hair...

Wow, nice hair OP!
I've always believed in the theory of "lead hairs" and now I have legit proof that it's real! :yep:
Also, where can I find a copy of "Chicorro's Book?" I've heard all the rave about it and i'd like to check it out ASAP

i believe the book is available at amazon.com

Last edited:

prospurr4

Awesome progress and beautiful hair!

I don't mess with my lead hairs, ever since I read what Chicoro said about them. I may do a tiny trim, but for the most part, I allow the rest of the hair to catch up...and it always does. I'm not concerned about what my hemline looks like in the meantime, because I basically wear only two styles right now...bun/updos and spiral sets...both hide my ends.

When I reach my final goal (either WL or HL), I will do a U-shaped cut.

Wow, what a timely post. I have the same issue and I've been debating whether or not to straighten in December so I can trim off my ends (about 3 inches). The hairs are healthy, but they make my (straightened) hair look so bad in pics. :(

Thanks for sharing, OP! Your hair is lovely!

what i did was, if my hair was straightened i would wear it up in a mid high pony. it blended well.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Thank you soooooo much for this post, OP. Now I only regret whacking off 2" of my hair earlier this month. I should have just let it all "catch up". :perplexed:

I will wait it out from now on.

ETA: your hair is gorgeous by the way.

cutenss

I am glad I read this too. I was just looking a pic that I posted in the CO challenge. I was thinking that my ends needed to be trimmed. I am going to wait too. :yep:

Blessed2bless

I read this just in time? I have been doing the mskibibi wig method and I will be taking my hair down this weekend and was going to cut any uneven ends...now I will wait. Thanks for the thread!

baddison

natural for good
inspiring thread. I was considering cutting my "lead" hairs (...see them in my signature pic?...) at the end of the year with my last touchup.

Can someone please post the original LEAD HAIRS thread by Chicoro that's been refernced by original poster? Thanks.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Thanks for sharing. I think I have some lead hairs right now at APL. It makes the ends of the back section of my hair look somewhat thin if it's straightened out, but now I am encouraged to be patient to let it grow out and fill in those thin areas.

Ediese

You guys are having amazing progress! Now I'm regretting get rid of my ends. :-( I got 3" trimmed, and I'm planning to get rid of another 3". I don't know what's going on with my hair. I'm getting indecisive and bored with it.

halocj

You guys are having amazing progress! Now I'm regretting get rid of my ends. :-( I got 3" trimmed, and I'm planning to get rid of another 3". I don't know what's going on with my hair. I'm getting indecisive and bored with it.

ediese just dont cut anymore of it. i believe it will fill in.

MsKibibi

I sure wish I read this thread before I cut 9" over the course of last year lol. Oh well. I cut another 1" this week but will make a serious effort to stop cutting for the rest of the year and see if I'm experiencing "lead hair."