thin ends /lead hairs update

Kurlee

i believe in it. As long as they are not split, the rest of the hair will "catch up". I'm so glad that I did not trim mine.

I chopped and it still looks like I have lead hairs :lol:. I'm pissed because from the front my hair looks super blunt cut and to me it looks kinda of unnatural and icky lol. I can't wait for some unevenness to grow in lol.

prospurr4

I am so excited to see some lead hairs finally touching my waist, so I'm definately leaving them alone. :yep: Thin ends aren't an issue for me, anyway, since my hair is NEVER totally straight, not even to check length.

Raine054

Great thread OP.

I think hair should only be trimmed when the ends are split. I for one am not going to trim (only doing search&destroy) until I've reached my goal of full tailbone length.

jenaccess

OH how I wish that I could have seen this thread when I first started my hair journey.
Since Jan 2010 I have cut off 12" plus of hair. :sad:
My hair in the back is a different texture than the rest of my hair alot finer. I have been bunning 95% of the time with a sew in in the middle back were the breakage occurs. Now the middle back has caught up and passed the rest of my hair.
I hope tp be FBSL in Dec. 2011. No more major cutting just dusting.

Thank you my LHCF sisters, jenaccess

Victorian

old head
Glad I saw this thread. I like blunt ends. I've been wearing my hair straight most of the time for the last couple years, so I've been especially sensitive to unevenness.

I've been trying to give my hair a break from the heat recently, going a few weeks with no straightening (or dusting/trimming). I'll probably be mostly wet bunning for the rest of the summer, so I know whenever I go back to straightening I can expect to see lead hairs peeking out. I'll have to resist the urge to snip...

Kurlee

do any of u have issues with tangles? My lead hairs tend to tangle and i;m getting tempted to just cut them off.

mieshashair

i am a true believer of lead hairs . thanks to chicorro and others who encouraged me to wait it out instead of chopping it off.:grin: i will be adding a better update pic later so it will be easier to tell. it filled in alot

Please tell me what u did to save Ur hair n thicken Ur ends... I hv that problem

felic1

This is a great listing. I have noticed that my hair grows faster on the right in the front. The meddle has a lot of shrinkage but is longer than I thought. I haven't cut a thing . I will wait it out also. Thanks a lot guys. You are all some wonder ladies!!!

ericajoy

Omg, this is a revelation to me! I haven't read Chicoro's book yet so didn't know about 'lead hairs.' I always thought if my hair was uneven on the ends, that meant some of it was breaking and it needed a trim. :nono: Laws a mercy! Thank you all for this.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
my mom taught me about hair "catching up" years ago (even on opposite sides) but this thread really help to drive it home...

JeterCrazed

Wow. Wish I had known before I chainsaw massacred the left side of my mane :look:
See... this is why I joined LHCF.

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

Jharianna

Your hair is gorgeous inspiration! On a side note, I knew you were an Apostolic sister from that pic. Don't know how, just a hunch from that jean skirt (this from a fellow Apostolic)!

SunySydeofLyfe

Thank you for this thread, earlier this year I cut my lead hairs because that is what my old stylist said you should do...this picture was taken the other day and I was like ummpphhh I want all of it, to think I could have been further along...blasted pros....

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 49

SunySydeofLyfe

All of the above said to say that I am going to see what my lead hairs do, I will be back in the thread at the end of the year with an update!!! HHG!!