Thin Ends...

Adrieanne20

Hi everyone, I have truly been taking care of my hair and it is getting so healthy and growing beautifully. The only thing is is that my ends are thinner than the rest, not a lot thinner and you cant see thru them, I just want thick hair in all, and especially at the ends. I have been using biotin shampoo, and it has really made a difference, but i was wondering if you ladies think i should cut the ends off (there arent any split ends) and start over
or just leave it and cut it when i reach my goal?
Thank You

inthepink

My opinion...
It depends on how you want to wear your hair as you try to reach your goal. If you'd like to wear your hair down sometimes and it doesn't look right with the thin ends, then I would suggest doing a light trim every 6 weeks till they look better.
If you are just wearing your hair up and you don't have split ends, then you could probably wait till you reach your goal and then trim it evenly.

Adrieanne20

i wear my hair down most of the time, and it doesnt look bad. i guess i jsut wish it was thicker. Thanks for your opinion!. I use Mill Creek Biotin Shampoo, i got it from the health food store

G

This happened to me once. My suggestion would be to cut up to the thicker part so it can all grow out thick and even. Also what do you think is causing your ends to thin? I say identify that and eliminate it

Faith

What I found was some strands/sections grow faster than others so it looks thin on the ends till the rest catch up to it. I agree with hairlove. if you don't wear it down that often then grow it out then trim it. But, if faster growing sections isn't your problem then I'm with Caramela...find out what the cause is and eliminate it. HTH

Adrieanne20

Thank you all so much..i think just years of relaxing my hair, i mean i get regular trims, is what is causing it to be thin. I am only 17 but my moother began relaxing my hair at six!!.. my hair is thinner than i think it would be if hadnt been relaxing my hair that long, but i believe i have found a solution to the problem which is extending hte time between touch-ups..this has made a huge difference.
but anyway..thank you again

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My opinion...
It depends on how you want to wear your hair as you try to reach your goal. If you'd like to wear your hair down sometimes and it doesn't look right with the thin ends, then I would suggest doing a light trim every 6 weeks till they look better.
If you are just wearing your hair up and you don't have split ends, then you could probably wait till you reach your goal and then trim it evenly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Even if you cut--that doesn't mean your ends are going to stay thick looking. Once your hair grows out again, they might look thin again. Then what? You'd never reach your goal if you keep cutting.

I like the "wait to see attitude". Take care of your hair and baby it and let it grow out. As it grows longer, it might thicken up. If not, when you get to your goal, start cutting a little at a time. Just my opinion