Things i need to stop doing to grow longer!

gissellr78

Ok ladies...since is the beginning of the year i decided to see what i can do to boost my hair growth and retain more length.....Let me know what i should stop doing BASED ON EXPERIENCE ONLY please!!!!!! these are the only things i can think off that may cause harm

1. I daily comb my hair gently from tips to roots to go to work and at night to sleep. with a wide tooth comb.

2. I wash my hair sundays sooo i let my hair loose mon-wed...then i pony thu-fri...bun sat and sun

3.I use heat once a week...I roller set and blow dry my roots...I put CHI on my hair and leave in..... and to straighten my roots i apply heat protectant.

These are the only things "I think" i do that may not be too good for me but i have been retaining sooooo....

Suggestions?!??!?!

cicilypayne

This is my problem: I Need to stop jumping on every new product bandwagon and constantly changing my regimen.. I desperately need to just stick to what works:wallbash: If your doing this too..then STOP IT. lol:lachen::lachen:

gissellr78

This is my problem: I Need to stop jumping on every new product bandwagon and constantly changing my regimen.. I desperately need to just stick to what works:wallbash: If your doing this too..then STOP IT. lol:lachen::lachen:

I don't....You can have some serious setbacks and or budget issues:grin:

Linzdoll

Gissell78 your hair looks like it's in great health..if it's not broke don't fix it! Secondly,I like the idea of combing gently with a wide tooth comb..I might incorporate that into my daily routine...

chebaby

i dont see anything wrong with your reggie. i wear my hair down daily and i am retaining legnth.
with that said i di decide to start wet bunning, braid out, and rollerset more so my flat iron is getting tossed to the side for now.

my problem is that i change products alot

gissellr78

Gissell78 your hair looks like it's in great health..if it's not broke don't fix it! Secondly,I like the idea of combing gently with a wide tooth comb..I might incorporate that into my daily routine...

Thanks...question..

How do you do your hair in the morning...i have read of people combing their hair once a week but my hair would be a tangle mess...

Linzdoll

Oh honey I cannot do that! lol..I wear it down for the most part..and I try not to mess with it..but I do comb it!..I also rollerset and blow out my roots...I do it myself..and I'm getting lazy might be headed back to the salon..

shtow

Thanks...question..

How do you do your hair in the morning...i have read of people combing their hair once a week but my hair would be a tangle mess...

I comb everyday with a shower comb. Otherwise, its more tangled shed hair that causes breakage.

anniev2

Ok ladies...since is the beginning of the year i decided to see what i can do to boost my hair growth and retain more length.....Let me know what i should stop doing BASED ON EXPERIENCE ONLY please!!!!!! these are the only things i can think off that may cause harm

1. I daily comb my hair gently from tips to roots to go to work and at night to sleep. with a wide tooth comb.

2. I wash my hair sundays sooo i let my hair loose mon-wed...then i pony thu-fri...bun sat and sun

3.I use heat once a week...I roller set and blow dry my roots...I put CHI on my hair and leave in..... and to straighten my roots i apply heat protectant.

These are the only things "I think" i do that may not be too good for me but i have been retaining sooooo....

Suggestions?!??!?!

I agree gissell, if it isn't broken don't fix it. However, with your hair being so beautiful its hard to give you advice. :) But if you want more length maybe leave the heat alone for a while if you want to. Seems like you don't use the CHI through the length of your hair so that is a possibility. What about the rollersets. Can you air dry them sometime? And want about increasing the number of days you do protective styles?

TaurusAngel

I wear my hair down daily as well and I have no problems. I retain, but my issue is i need to stop trimming. Its a habit of mine. If i could cut that out, i would have a lot more progress than i currently have.

charmtreese

Gissellr78,

Our regimen is similar however my hair is no where near as long and pretty as yours, but it is constantly growing. What I do slightly different is:

1. I finger comb twice a day and only use a comb on wash day when I rollerset.
2. I wash my hair on Sunday's but I PS M-S
3. I use heat once a week to rollerset (I also use CHI as a leave-in) I spray my entire head with heat protectant before going under the dryer, and when needed I flat Iron the roots only w/ heat protectant

You have lovely hair and it appears that your reggie is working for you...I agree with the other posters that say "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Artemis

Suggestions?!??!?!

I have just been all up and thru your fotki. You are not doing anything wrong. Keep it up :up: Your hair is amazing. :yep:

n_vizion

The only advice I have if you want to improve your routine is minimize the flow dry after a roller set. If you find that you can blow dry without experiencing damage then what I would do is assess each of your routines individually.

As you go on about your week, check out when you seem to loose the most hair. Is it when you comb out or when you blow dry after a rollerset? You also may want to check out the condition of your hair after you've worn it down the first half of the week.

If your hair is responding well to your routine then don't change, but if you find one area of opportunity, then adjust, check the results, and repeat.

Solitude

Your regimen sounds great to me - it's the same thing I do, so I hope it's good. Your hair also looks great!

The only thing I can think of would be to eliminate heat completely and practice PS every day, instead of just half the week.

*KP*

If that is all you do that you think may not be good, you are doing pretty good. Keep doing it til it stops working for you

*KP*

Thanks...question..

Although the Q wasn't directed at me...if I do a flexirod set and leave my hair curly for the week I'll only finger comb it. I only comb my hair if it is straight.

Angelicus

I haven't been entranced by a Fotki in years until you came along. :love: I don't think you're doing anything wrong.

BTW, how do you sleep on your hair pinned up without the curls being smushed. I apologize for having so many questions.

Carrie A

Yor hair looks great..I see a future LHCF feature of the month. I'm just throwing this out to whomever. Don't trim so much...just dust as needed.