thinking of getting tree braids

pinkchocolatedaisy

I'm thinking of getting tree braids. I bought the hair a little before I came upon LHCF and made up my regimen. Now I'm wondering if it would be a stupid move to make. How, if any of you have done so, do you maintain/modify your regimen while your hair is braided? Do just treat your scalp and take your vits? Or what? I am just tired of seeing my hair during this awkward in between phase right now. Once I am able to go texlaxed I'll be ok, but right now, I just don't like part curly, thick and part straight hair! :nono:

i personally have no experience with them but i do recently remember reading about someone who says they damaged her hair and set ehr back. you might want to do a search on them!! hth

2morrow will b 5 wks that I've had my 1st set of tree braids. I've been weekly washing & DCing. Daily I try 2 moisturize w/a Sareca-authored concoction of braid spray, Aphogee Tea Tree & Keratin Reconstructor & IC hair & scalp moisturizer. I spray Surge on my scalp daily. I was using the GroAut line but I had an allergic reaction 2 the MSM n the last week & will have 2 discontinue using the oils. So I've been really trying 2 take care of my own hair & not b lazy since it's put up. I'm really shooting for 8 weeks but I just did a cholesterol DC & I wasn't able 2 rinse out all of the cholesterol & now I'm scared of getting buildup & my own hair matting. :wallbash: I guess the true test will be when it's time 2 take them out. Once I'm able 2 examine the condition of my hair, then I will know if they're a go again.

I had tree braids. I kept them in about a month. New growth was out of control. Instead of washing my hair; I filled a spray bottle w/ water and saturated the braids, scalp, and extension hair w/ water everyday. When I took them down, my hair was well moisturized. I experience no breakage or thinning of the edges ( you have tell not to braid tight at all). HTH.

Thanks, ladies. Your insight helps me big time. I think I may wait until next month, keep in for about a month and see what happens. I have a good hookup getting my braids (FREE); my brother's gf does it for me and she doesn't braid tightly, either. :yep:

Back