Thinning hairline

Pumpkin

Hello Ladies:

I was wondering what I should do about the left side of my hairline. It is thinning and always seems dry. I think it is getting noticeable. I did not change anything in my regimen. However I did start setting my hair with the rollers rolling upwards instead of downwards. Maybe this could be the problem but if it were wouldn't both sides be thinning? Also I consciously avoid scrunchies and ponytails. I also sleep on my back so my hair follicles aren't blocked in the night. You ladies have helped me so much so far. I feel as though I have worked so hard at this and for my hair to start thinning is a huge disappointment. To be quite honest, I do not know how to care for my hair in the cold weather. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thank you!

Kiadodie

Only the left side is thinning? Do you part your hair on that side? That might be the problem. Start parting it on the opposite side. It also might be the way you roll your hair too. I've heard that ORS Temple Balm is good to help grow your hair back but I would first change the way you part/roll your hair. Good luck.

hairfanatic

Hi Pumpkin

Breaking open vitamin E capsules and putting that on the hairline is good. Also, try wearing your hair in a protective style during the winter...wrap styles, french twists, etc.

Madison

when the elastic around my satin hair cap started rubbing out my edges on my right side i started applying the msm lotion and castor oil on each nite and i am telling you with in 2 weeks my hair grew back in

notsomebody

This is something that has never failed me yet. Each night before putting on your scarf, or anytime you style your hair, take a cotton ball and apply castor oil on it. Apply the castor oil to the thinning area. You should notice a difference in a month or less. It is also much cheaper than most of those products marketed towards hairline regrowth.
When I used to wear ponytails all the time (not protective mind you- just the pull my hair straight until it hurt kind) I didn't even realize how thin my hair line got until I came across this tip on one of the original boards. I started using it and a month later I realized that my forehead was never as large as I thought it was. I had just pulled all of my hair out trying to be cute.

Elyse

It can also be caused by how you are sleeping, since it is only on one side of your head. A satin pillowcase works nicely

Pumpkin

Thank you so much!
Tomorrow I am going to buy Castor Oil since that seems to be the general concensus. I have been applying Vitamin E oil so far. Also I will check out the MSM lotion. Maybe it's 'bout time for me to join the BBQ Hair Club /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also I have one more question. Do you think I should use a satin pillowcase in place of a bonnet? This way I won't have any elastic problems.

Thank you so much for this much needed help. I will post results in a few weeks.

Mahalialee4

I wear my satin cap inside out to avoid rubbing the elastic on my hair line. Or sometimes I wear a silk scarf under the satin cap. HTH Bonjour

scorpio

Pumpkin,
Since last year I think, I had been having a problem with thin temples. I tried ORS for about 6 weeks, and boy did that really help. I have never tried castor oil though because I hate the way that stuff (my mom used to make me take it when I was little whenver I got sick), but I hope that you find a solution whatever you use. Another thing that I do now that my edges have recuperated is put a little WGO in my fingertips and massage my nape and temple areas each night before I wrap my hair.