This chick severely underprocessed my hair

Avaya

So I went to a new beautician under the recommendation of one of Niko's cousins. The lady was nice enough; a little around-the-way but I come to expect that. She was about 10 minutes late for my appointment but again, I come to expect that.

I had about 2-3inches worth of new growth which she is able to handle effortlessly and without complaint. Weird thing is though, she applied my relaxed in the most asinine way: she parted my hair in the middle back and worked along in sort of a circular pattern. I've been getting relaxers for at least 15 years and ever single other beautician always parted my hair in four sections and started in the back and worked their way towards the front.

Anywho, I'm rinsed out, conditioned, neutralized, and washed. I'm sitting under the dryer and I begin to feel my roots because something is telling me they may not be as straight as I'm used to. Not only are my roots not straight, this sugar honey ice tea is just a thick and nappy as it was when I walked through the dang ole door! I'd say about 20% of my roots were actually straightened, the remainder is severely underprocessed.

I am so livid right now because 1) I was really looking forward to having my hair strengthened after being 6-months post relaxer and 2) I've got events going on back to back for the next 4 weekends and I was looking forward to having hair that was easy to manage.

Then, to add insult to injury, this chick tells me I should come every 5-6 weeks for a touch-up and should get my ends cut every 8-10 weeks to prevent shedding "It's in the books" according to her. Oh yeah, what books would those be? "Beauticians: 101 ways to keep black woman bald headed" or "Black woman: Don't grow your own hair, befriend a Korean!" Sheesh!

So I think I am going to get another touch up in 3-months - give the few bits that were actually straightened a chance to grow out and not allow my old new growth to surpass to far from the new newgrowth I will have. What do you think? I'm so disgusted right now! But at least she didn't OVERprocess me right? Big clumps of my hair falling out in the sink! Oye vey!

Zenobia61

:perplexed Wow, see this is why I am trying to master the art of self-relaxing! I know you feel so bummed after waiting so long to get your relaxer :wallbash::wallbash:, but like you said, at least you're not overprocessed and you can do a corrective relaxer if you want to.

baby42

THAT HAPPEND TO ME I WAS A YEAR IN BRAIDS AND CAME OUT WITH THIS OUT COME. I HAD MY DD LADY FIX IT. DIDNT KNOWTHE OTHER PERSON JACK ME UP UNTIL I WASH IT AT HOME AND I WAS TEX-LAX.I WAS MAD AS HECK. A YEAR IN BRAIDS AND THEN THAT HAPPEND. TOOK PIC OF IT I COULDNT COMB IT. HANG IN THERE IT WILL GET BETTER

Last edited:

charmtreese

Been there, done that!!! Sorry it happened to you, but like you said at least she didn't over process you or burn you!!!

itismehmmkay

Came in here to laugh@severly :lol:

But also, I'd love to find a beautician who underprocesses. I'd try her one more time. How's your hair doing now anyway?

Avaya

Came in here to laugh@severly :lol:

But also, I'd love to find a beautician who underprocesses. I'd try her one more time. How's your hair doing now anyway?

:rolleyes::lachen:

She blow dried the heck out of it so it looks straight but once I wash it it will be kink city.

I'm not going back to that chick again. Talking about she NEVER heard of anyone waiting 6-months for a relaxer and ALL of her clients come in for a touch-up every 5-6 WEEKS and you SHOULD get a trim with EVERY relaxer. No sir!

Plus, she came in fussing about her boyfriends "baby mama drama" and wouldn't shut up about it the whole time. Sorry but that kind of stuff is not apart of my reality.:ohwell:

Kurlee

So I went to a new beautician under the recommendation of one of Niko's cousins. The lady was nice enough; a little around-the-way but I come to expect that. She was about 10 minutes late for my appointment but again, I come to expect that.

I had about 2-3inches worth of new growth which she is able to handle effortlessly and without complaint. Weird thing is though, she applied my relaxed in the most asinine way: she parted my hair in the middle back and worked along in sort of a circular pattern. I've been getting relaxers for at least 15 years and ever single other beautician always parted my hair in four sections and started in the back and worked their way towards the front.

Anywho, I'm rinsed out, conditioned, neutralized, and washed. I'm sitting under the dryer and I begin to feel my roots because something is telling me they may not be as straight as I'm used to. Not only are my roots not straight, this sugar honey ice tea is just a thick and nappy as it was when I walked through the dang ole door! I'd say about 20% of my roots were actually straightened, the remainder is severely underprocessed.

I am so livid right now because 1) I was really looking forward to having my hair strengthened after being 6-months post relaxer and 2) I've got events going on back to back for the next 4 weekends and I was looking forward to having hair that was easy to manage.

Then, to add insult to injury, this chick tells me I should come every 5-6 weeks for a touch-up and should get my ends cut every 8-10 weeks to prevent shedding "It's in the books" according to her. Oh yeah, what books would those be? "Beauticians: 101 ways to keep black woman bald headed" or "Black woman: Don't grow your own hair, befriend a Korean!" Sheesh!

So I think I am going to get another touch up in 3-months - give the few bits that were actually straightened a chance to grow out and not allow my old new growth to surpass to far from the new newgrowth I will have. What do you think? I'm so disgusted right now! But at least she didn't OVERprocess me right? Big clumps of my hair falling out in the sink! Oye vey!
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: @ the bolded

chebaby

my hair was just underprocessed on saturday too. i dont know if im mad though. i was looking forward to having straight hair but i also like my curls so i dont know...
but i do think im shedding because of the underprocessing...