This fishtail braid is so pretty........

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
...........but it sounds really hard to do!, lol

• Divide the hair you want to braid into two equal sections.
• Start a fishtail braid by holding the right section with your right hand. Then, using your left hand, pick up a one-eighth-inch chunk of hair from the outside of the left section and cross it over to the inside of the right section.
• Repeat on the other side: Hold the left section in your left hand. Use your right hand to pick up a one-eighth-inch chunk of hair from the outer right section and cross it over to the inside of the left section.
• Continue picking up small sections and crossing them over until you reach the ends of your hair.
• Secure with an elastic.

.........This is cute too but much easier, lol. I'd love to do the fishtail though.

MoMo

It's not hard at all. I really can't braid but I learned how to do a fishtail when I was about 12 years old.

Divine_Order

Woah, that still looks hard to me.:spinning:

Once you get the hang of it it's probably easy though. I just can't figure out the pattern.

Yeah, it kind of looks like she's pulling the strands from behind and crossing them over or under:drunk:. I'm going to try it when I get home tonight.:yep:

e$h

OMG! I used to love fishtails back in the day. I'm doing it on my daughter's hair tonight. It's gonna look soooo purrty on her. Can't wait! Thanks for this thread!

LoveLiLi

I love the look of fishtail braids, they're so pretty. But I haven't mastered the technique yet - I'll practice when I have more hair to work with.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83

• Start a fishtail braid by holding the right section with your right hand. Then, using your left hand, pick up a one-eighth-inch chunk of hair from the outside of the left section and cross it over to the inside of the right section.
• Repeat on the other side: Hold the left section in your left hand. Use your right hand to pick up a one-eighth-inch chunk of hair from the outer right section and cross it over to the inside of the left section.
• Continue picking up small sections and crossing them over until you reach the ends of your hair.

.........This is cute too but much easier, lol. I'd love to do the fishtail though.

I really like the second one...might have to try that one this weekend!:grin:

ajargon02

I've done fishtail braids before. Really it's not as hard as it looks. There's a "friendship" bracelet that's done like that. it's just braiding with 4 strands. If you can, go to the library, and look up bracelet making books. you will see that in there, and you can practice. I know in most of those books they have step by step photos.

mkstar826

supersonic
i love fishtail braids. hopefully one day i'll be able to do one on my hair. it's really easy to do once you get the hang of it!

naturaline

im auntie did this style on me when i was younger and my hair was around your length. (it would look good on ya')