This is the longest my hair has ever been!!!

Is your hair the longest its ever been?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kittenz

Thanks for all the responses ladies.
My hair was the longest it's ever been (APL) until my trim last week. Now it's back to my normal shoulder length but it's healthier. I was just at APL but my ends were rough from neglect. I totally stopped DCing and moisturizing but I continued to stretch my relaxers:ohwell: and even began wearing protective styles more (only because my ends looked bad and I didn't want to see them:look:). Even though I slacked of, majorly, my hair has grown since joining this board and if it wasn't for my laziness I would still be at APL. Anywho, I'll get back and take pictures this time.:rolleyes:

secretrose

YUp Yup. This is the longest my hair has ever been (at least overall) :grin: I'm so close to BSL. Hopefully be there by March. For some reason, I am having issues getting the front to grow much past collarbone length. In the past, my hair has been full APL all around.

Extremus

No. I'm BSL now, and have been BSL+ almost all my life until 10th grade when my hair started slowly breaking up until it reached neck/shoulder length.

It's the healthiest it's ever been.

vestaluv1

Well, my current length (APL), is the longest my hair has ever been (I know, not long by LHCF standards, but anyhoo).
For my hair to be longer than anyone else in my family, I'm gonna have to get to waist length :rolleyes:. My first cousin has had waist length hair for as long as I can remember and my auntie (her mother) has always had midback length hair. On the other hand, my mother has never had hair past neck length :ohwell:.
I just wanna get to BSL... :look:!

wheezy807

Yes, my hair is the longest it's ever been, the nape area alone. Without said, of course it's because of lhcf. I never gave it much thought but my hair is the longest in my family now.

kittenz

What, no ladies buying long weaves no more? :rolleyes: That's how I made it to BSL overnight.

Just to clarify... Is your hair the longest in your family amongst those with the same hair type? Please don't compare your length if you're a 4z to your 1a cousin. Let's be fair!:look:

kittenz

I can honestly say that I learned a tremendous amount about hair care, products, and more, from this website. I stumbled upon LHCF out of desperation looking for help for my dying scalp and damaged hair. I was on the verge of giving up, and cried, and cried, and cried. There were more tears in my eyes than hairs on my head, and hope in my heart.

Since then, I've had my ups and downs. The thing I appreciate most from this forum, is not the fact that my hair is longer, but that it is A LOT healthier. I wouldn't trade that in for anything.

me~:rolleyes:

Before coming to this board, I just believed what my momma told me, that I had the hair that just didn't grow, I had no clue what direct and indirect heat was, I learned that I could for the first time n my life NOT relax !! I learned to rollerset my hair instead of using the curling iron. I learned all about the different butters we put on our hair, acv.. I could go on and on. And yes, this is the first time in my life that I have had hair this long and this healthy!!!!

Let me just preface this by saying that my hair is not long by any stretch of the imagination, but it is longer than it's even been since I have been taking care of it. I can see exactly how long it can grow to...because of every other member on this site with hair like mine (4a/4b, I think. I have not looked at my texture in many, many years because I had locs and before that, I never let it grow long enough to really see the texture. :nono:)

Anyway...it's growing nicely now, thanks to LHCF and all the help I get here. I cannot wait to see what this year holds for my head! :grin:

Blessings,
cj

No this is the shortests my hair has ever been, as a child i was between APL and BSL, now i;m shoulder length, do to very poor haircare, now i'm trying to get back to how i used to be even longer

Yes!! I was never able to get past shoulder length without breakage..and I'm past my shoulders!! Yay!! with no breakage....Not APL yet...but I will be!

My hair is longer than it has ever been in my life, and I have the longest hair in my family. I thank God for it.

My hair is most definitely now the longest it has ever been.

I've always worn short cropped styles bc I was tired of trying and failing to grow my hair any longer than neck length.

I literally thank God for finding LHCF.

Oh and I now have the longest hair in my family :grin::grin::grin:.

This is definitely the longest and healthiest my hair has ever been. I was permanently stuck at shoulder length, with dry crispy hair. I have learned how to keep my hair moisturized, soft and on my head instead of breaking, dry and on the floor. It's a wonderful thing, that I thought would never happen.
ITA!!

This are beautiful:yep::grin:

GoldenBreeze

Re: This is the longest my hair has ever been!!![Poll]

Who on this board can say that? If you can...Was it because of things you learned while on LHCF? Is your hair the longest in your family? Post pics if you like.:yep::rolleyes:

No, I'm trying to get back to and surpass my longest length. I came to LHCF looking for other women who wanted to wear their hair at longer lengths, and to be able to talk about the different views that people IRL have about women wearing their hair at WL to Classic length. I got more than I bargained for!:lachen: I have truely enjoyed learning about the many different points of view that many of us have about growing our hair.

ETA: I forgot; no it's not the longest in my family. That's across all hair types.

Last edited:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
My hair used to be BSL in the back, but I have always had a problem with the front growing. I cut my hair in the 10th grade (1997) and It has been between EL & SL ever since. The front of my hair it to my mouth and IT HAS NEVER BEEN THAT LONG! And to the ladies that say "Its not long by LHCF standards", I just want to say that I am a newbie and to me, your hair and growth is an inspiration! There is no need to down play that beauty! :grin: You guys are the ones who I really look up to becuase I see where you have been and it give me hope that my hair can look like that within a year too. Thank you guys SOOOOO much for all the tips, tricks, and most of all, HOPE!:kiss:

Last edited:

Brownchiq

I voted NO. Im transitioning so my hair is getting shorter and shorter as i cut off my relaxed ends. This time last year I was MBL. So Im a little bit sad about that...

Angelicus

I would like to get my hair back to the length it was 2 years ago. I am doing eerything that I can now to get it back. Thanks to LHCF, my hair grew the longest it had been... ever! I love this board. I'm not where I want to be but I know that I will get there soon.

Attachments

• nov201.jpg
    nov201.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 48

RegaLady

This is the longest my hair has been in about 5 years. But, it has been longer. I want to surpass my longest but shape it to look better than it has EVER been.

sylver2

Definately the longest my hair has ever been. my family and friends keep saying omg your hair has gotten soo long. one day my own father was like good gawd is that all 'your' hair!!!!
i've learned a lot since joining.

Lovestyr

Now i have never had Bsl hair but, i have hair that was like 4 inches away from Bsl...I am trying to get back to that point.:drunk:

sunbubbles

Not my longest only because Ive started over like 5 times in the past 4 years! :perplexed Im soo impatient!

But between Nappturality, and lurking around here on LHCF I hope to at least be able to reach SL! If everyone else can, so can I! ............ I hope. Even though Im natural now, I see all the mistakes I was making when I was relaxed! Its a wonder I had any hair on my head AT ALL!!!:rolleyes:

beans4reezy

Well, my current length (APL), is the longest my hair has ever been (I know, not long by LHCF standards, but anyhoo).
For my hair to be longer than anyone else in my family, I'm gonna have to get to waist length :rolleyes:. My first cousin has had waist length hair for as long as I can remember and my auntie (her mother) has always had midback length hair. On the other hand, my mother has never had hair past neck length :ohwell:.
I just wanna get to BSL... :look:!

Look at your WONDERFUL progress! You will be there sooner rather than later :)

Candycane044

Before coming to this board, I just believed what my momma told me, that I had the hair that just didn't grow, I had no clue what direct and indirect heat was, I learned that I could for the first time n my life NOT relax !! I learned to rollerset my hair instead of using the curling iron. I learned all about the different butters we put on our hair, acv.. I could go on and on. And yes, this is the first time in my life that I have had hair this long and this healthy!!!!

Same here, my mom told me my hair would never go past shoulder length. I'm loving ittttt being APL haha!:grin: Can't wait til it gets even longer.

Latomian

The longest my hair has ever been is BSL and I'm really trying to get back there. I have a cousin who's WL but she's natural and hasn't had a trim in over 10 yrs. Ironically, she presses her hair every week and greases with Vaseline about every day.

WL is nice but I would rather be WL and healthy. O yea, her hair is the longest and my mom had MBL back in a braid she would braid down and then pin up. It was sooo classy and jet black!!!

A_Christian

I can say for sure now that this is the longest my hair has ever been. It's now longer than it was when I was in high school which was previously my longest length. I love this board, I don't know where my hair would be without it! :grin:

that_1_grrrl

Yes and no. Most of my hair is the length it's always been, but some parts are longer then they used to be. I'm hoping to break free of this length in '09. I'd like to be surprised at how much my hair has grown.

nicki6

Yes, its the longest its been in my adult life thanks to the wisdom of this board!:thumbsup:

However, I'm disappointed that after all this time I'm just APL...ungrateful I know:ohwell:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Pre-LHCF, my hair never grew longer than SL. It was always thick and big but always stopped at SL or just a little past. I wouldn't say it's a miracle it grew to its current length. Just the right techniques and a lot of patience...
Now I know that I can grow it as long as I want to so it's only a matter of time until it's full MBL and longer:drunk:.

RocStar

This is the longest my hair has been too. For me it is more exciting that this is also the healthiest my hair has ever been. I love healthy hair.

Slave4Hair

Nope, shortest my hair has ever been. I hate it, i'm so not used to it. I'm trying to get it back to BSL, stupid me kept putting weaves in my hair until they thinned it out so bad i had no choice but to clip it all off. Lesson learned!