This is the longest my hair has ever been!!!

Is your hair the longest its ever been?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loulou82

I'm not at my previous longest length yet but I should surpass it this year which is exciting. Plus I'm doing it as a natural.

SpiritJunkie

first off it was a blessing for me to find this site, i believe 2 years ago. its been a blessing for me and my kids. ever since we've been practising healthy hair regimen & our hair hasn't looked better.

1) my daughter with natural hair has finally figured out how to keep the curls in her hair. natural her hair is apl. longer when straightened. she now dc's weekly. before it was just a coily dry natural mess.

2) daughter with straight hair washes weekly and dc's every other week. hair almost waist and shiny!! used to be soooooooooooo dry.

moi) my hiar would grow/break/grow/break so i used to just keep it short. NOw, hair is shoulder lenght (not all)healthy and shiny, due to frequent dcing, baggying, moisturizing and protein treatments.

All of this we learned on this site. my hair isn't the longest in MY house but it is amongst my sisters and the longest it's ever been. I'm hoping to hit my goal of apl. I see it coming.

Thanks ladies. I learned from the best. LHCF

lilsparkle825

LOL@ the poll choices. if thats the case, then NO this isn't the longest ever, cause i had a BSL weave 2 years ago. :lachen:

as far as what's growing out of my scalp, i can't really remember having uber long hair as a kid, and i am hovering around APL now, so I would say I'm either at or approaching my longest length. i can't speak on my fam, cause i don't know anyone's hair type except mine (3c/4a), my mom's (4a/b), and my sister's (4b) -- everyone else relaxes at the first sign of NG -- but they (cousins, aunts, etc) are stuck at SL or NL. my mom and sis BC'd about a month after me, and i am SHOCKED at how fast their hair is growing.

hillytmj

Yes, this is the longest since I've been an adult, but I'm equally thrilled about the health of my hair. I can't remember how long it was as a kid, but I remember having long ponytails.

LHCF has made all the difference. Once I SAW others with long hair and BELIEVED mine could grow too, I have been getting results that I've only dreamed about in the past.

I am grateful to God for the progress He's given me, and I'm enjoying my hair along the journey. I started my haircare journey in Jan. 2006, but did not experience any major length and retention until I joined here. Here is my LHCF track record.

Pic #1 - Aug. 1, 2008 (APL when I first joined. This was formerly my longest length.)
Pic #2 - Nov. 20, 2008 (BSL)
Pic #3 - Jan. 13, 2009 (recovering from a Nov. trim)

Thank you, Jesus!

Attachments

• Freshly Relaxed 8-2-08.jpeg
    Freshly Relaxed 8-2-08.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Same day - another shot.jpg
    Same day - another shot.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Fresh Relax 1-13.jpg.JPG
    Fresh Relax 1-13.jpg.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 30
Nope, shortest my hair has ever been. I hate it, i'm so not used to it. I'm trying to get it back to BSL, stupid me kept putting weaves in my hair until they thinned it out so bad i had no choice but to clip it all off. Lesson learned!

Preach on it!! Girl, I'm in the same boat!!:)

PGirl

My hair once was BSL. Thanks to LHCF I am approaching APL for the 1st time in probably 20 something years....

This is hard work but it's happening slowly!

keepithealthy

Yep :yep: this is the longest it has ever been and it's not breaking like crazy like it used to :amen:. Pre LHCF it was btw APL & BSL..my ends were always raggedy and uneven. I have been actively growing for about 1 year. Pre LHCF I didn't know about DC ,leave ins, moisture/protein etc. etc....

Your hair is beautiful!!:drool:

1Aleeesha

The longest my has been since I was 16 is waist length. I've visited WL off and on in recent years... I've always had hair and it's always been thick... Many women in my mom's family have hair. I've always fell in with them. On my dad's side not really most of them don't really have hair like that. I have always maintained at the least, apl...

Even though I've always had hair on my head, it still has helped me to be in the hair forums. Most women in the streets don't have hair, the stylist don't know what they are talking about and are scissor happy. The hair boards is like a community to be involved in to remain apart of the lifestyle that you want to maintain or have... For example, if you want to stop drinking alcohol you have to be amongst other people who don't drink and put yourself in places where there are people who aren't drinking.:yep: Yes if that makes sense lol.

Kurlee

yes. The back half of my hair is BSL now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The longest I have been is APL or a bit shorter, so I'm excited. Aaliyah hair, here I come!

Orissa081

I don't know about having the longest hair in my family- I have ALOT of family I have not seen in a while so who knows? As far as my mom and my Aunts and the cousins I do see on a regular basis, I'm up there with having the longest hair-again, not long by LHCF standards! It's the longest it's ever been, as a teenager it was shoulder length (touching the tops of the shoulders) it looked like alot of hair because it was thick. I'm almost APL now. Sorry can't get pics to load.:perplexed

Last edited:

onejamifan

I voted NO. Im transitioning so my hair is getting shorter and shorter as i cut off my relaxed ends. This time last year I was MBL. So Im a little bit sad about that...

Girl, look at the picture on your siggy!! I need me some legs like those!!!!

Any way, this is definitely NOT the longest my hair has ever been but I have always had the longest hair in my nuclear family. I want to grow my hair down to HL (blunt cut) which is how I wore my hair back in middle school. I would like to eventually get there, though.

mscocoface

This is the longest it has ever been. I am soooooo looking forward to finally getting to tail bone (stretched) because au natural and shrinkage will probably always look like shoulder length permanently on me.

KinksnCurlz

When I first joined LHCF my hair was a little longer than shoulderlength. I learned so much that I went from there to an inch or 2 past bs. My goal now is to do it all again, but as a natural.

Xavier

A little above APL was the longest my hair would grow, until I found LHCF. I am so happy to be a BSL now and can't wait for my hair to get to my goal of WL. And I currently have the longest hair in my family. I keep telling them about LHCF, but they think it's easier to ask my all their hair questions instead.

sleepflower

My hair is not yet the longest it has ever been, but it is the healthiest.

It is not the longest in my family, but it is the longest of all the women who have decided to go natural. Only a couple of my cousins have hair longer than shoulder length so I cannot wait to beat them. :lachen:

babyhurr4

My hair is definitely the longest it has ever been. I'm use to my hair growing a little pass my bra strap and then breaking off. I use to think that it was impossible for my hair to grow as long as it has now(it is now waist length on its way to hip, hopefully by the end of the year) I thought my hair was long, until I came to this forum....and saw that my hair had nothing on the majority of the ladies here! lol....That inspired to change my way of thinking and that is when I learned that black women's hair can and do grow longer than bra strap. Everything that I learned here at LHCF along with Tiffer's, Macharie's, Traycee's and Sunshyne's websites have helped me tremendously on my hair care journey(Yes, I'm a hair site junkie,lol!)

Last edited:

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
This is actually the shortest my hair has ever been as a result of my BC, however it is the healthiest.

Live4Me

My hair is not the longest it's ever been, but it's the healthiest it's ever been while in my care. I have not put heat on my head since Mar 2nd and I NEVER woulda thought that I can go this long without it! I was DEPENDENT on heat for styles. I know better now!

ebonylocs

Well, my current length (APL), is the longest my hair has ever been (I know, not long by LHCF standards, but anyhoo).
For my hair to be longer than anyone else in my family, I'm gonna have to get to waist length :rolleyes:. My first cousin has had waist length hair for as long as I can remember and my auntie (her mother) has always had midback length hair. On the other hand, my mother has never had hair past neck length :ohwell:.
I just wanna get to BSL... :look:!
Girl! You have made sooooo much progress in a year! Congrats. You will be at BSL in no time at all.

As for me, yes this is the longest my hair has ever been (BSL / Mid-back) . This is despite the fact that I've made no gains in length in the past year because of having to graudually cut off bad, split ends. My hair before was probably btw shoulder length and APL at it's longest. The difference now is just actually paying attention to what I do to my hair = protein and moisture conditioning, low manipulation, gentle infrequent combing, and protecting my ends.

MRJ1972

My hair is the "longest" it's ever been, ( almost APL) but certainly the thinnest!:ohwell:

I have worn sew in and glue in weaves for the past 3 years and my hair has suffered. Since I have learned so much on LHCF-although I am new- I have high hopes for a complete recovery.

I am still trying to nail down a regimen because my hair is thinning by the day. I am 4b relaxed, fine. Any suggestions are welcome.

I dont have photos because I dont know how to use all this fancy technology!:look:

Pooks

My hair has been this length before (APL) but I now my goal is as long as I can possibly grow (or until I can't hack the detangling challenge anymore). I nursed it back to health from dry broken NL with the help of the wonderful info on this forum, and stalking Fotkis. It's nearly the longest in my family (there's about half an inch in it), but I win handsdown for health and volume. :grin:

Last edited:

SEMO

Yes, my hair is the longest its ever been, and may be the longest in my family. I do think that being on this site is one of the reasons for my length (learning what to do and what not to do). I'm glad I found this place.

first2grace

When I was two...I cut all my natural braids off, the result was uneven hair that was longer in the front than in the back and my mom relaxed it and cut it to get it all one length. Since then, my hair has never been below NL...until now! I am APL and my hair is thick and healthy and there are times I can't believe it's mine! With the constant whole-head relaxing (every 4-6 weeks) starting at such a young age, I thought my hair was just stuck the way it was. I remember people telling me there was nothing I could do to fix it and to go buy stock in weaves and whatnot. Now, at this time my hair is awesome, my mom can't believe how simple it is to take care of and how I was sble to turn it around. I'm looking forward to reaching lengths that I once thought were unattainable.

Thanks to all of the ladies for their advice and motivating pictures! I have only been doing this for a year now, I can't imagine what head of hair I would have if I had had been doing this for years!