This is the longest my hair has ever been!!!

Is your hair the longest its ever been?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STLCoverGirl

My hair is the longest it's ever been, but it doesn't SEEM long to me. I ran into an old friend earlier today and she goes "OMG, your hair is soooo long!". I was like "huh...really?"...she goes "your hair is in a ponytail and it's almost down to your elbows".

It just made me realize how far I have come, I guess I don't notice because I see my hair everyday and don't take many length shots. My mom and I have similar lengths, so I am not sure if I have the longest hair in my family.

prospurr4

My hair is definately the longest that it has ever been, and the longest (by far) in my family...both my side and DH's side...and DH's side has a licensed cosmetologist in the group. :nono:

I sooo want to help these people, and I constantly look for an opportunity to do so. Afterall, the only difference between me and them is knowledge. *okay...vent, over*

All I have to say is that I thank God for this site!

LadyPaniolo

Yes, this is the longest my hair has ever been. When I was a little girl it was about WL on me, but my body was so short back then that I think my hair is longer now.

I'm BSL, pushing WL in the longest layer. I'm hoping that by mid June I will have reached it. I'm so happy that I've come this far, and I have hope that I will reach my hair's goal length (classic length stretched).

sunnieb

Woohoo! I didn't think I'd be able to post here until July or August, but I got a retouch today and I can officially say that this is the longest my hair has EVER been! I'll have to update my avatar with a new pic this weekend. I can't believe it! I've only been here since February and I've managed to retain ALL of my length! I guess I'm going to stick with my boring bun, but I just might wear my new length out for a few hours tomorrow. :yep: I can't wait to see where I'll be by December. Thanks LHCF!!! :grin:

ETA: OK, I'm new to posting pics and I couldn't get two pics in my signature for a better comparison. So, I put my starting pic in my avatar and my current length is my siggy.

Last edited:

Lucia

Yep :yep: this is the longest it has ever been and it's not breaking like crazy like it used to :amen:. Pre LHCF it was btw APL & BSL..my ends were always raggedy and uneven. I have been actively growing for about 1 year. Pre LHCF I didn't know about DC ,leave ins, moisture/protein etc. etc....
our siggy pic you look WSL to me. congratz

JollyGal

Re: This is the longest my hair has ever been!!![Poll]

Who on this board can say that? If you can...Was it because of things you learned while on LHCF? Is your hair the longest in your family? Post pics if you like.:yep::rolleyes:

I can say that. :yep: My hair is APL stretched which is the longest my hair has ever been. I'm so happy.

It is because of the things I learned on LHCF, BHM and growafrohairlong.

My hair is the longest in my family right now. My mother had full APL but she cut it to shoulder length. I'm talking about my immediate family btw :) (not including cousins, aunts, grandmothers etc...)

I will post pics soon. Promise. I'm on another PC @ the moment so don't have access to my pics. You can visit my fotki if you'd like PM me for the password.

I'm thankfully to all hairboards aimed @ women of colour. It's about time. I always promote the hair boards to the women of colour that I know. hair knowledge is hair power. :yep:

Last edited:

youwillrise

i could have said that about 3 days ago lol

but my hair's super short now
because i cut it on a whim
heeheeeee

starting the growth process again!
no shame in my game.

KAT25

I have learned a lot on this board about healthy hair care but the other day when I was looking back at some old photos my hair use to be long and healthy looking too but I was going to the stylist every week but now I can obtain the same results at home on my own so ...

Denise11

No. This is not the longest it's ever been. It's been longer, but I try not to think about that. Instead, I just focus on how long it will be very soon.

natural_one

My hair was in great shape. long, thick, full ends cause I started airdrying and stopped using direct heat, and whenever I used heat I would rollerset. BUT then I moved back to the states and started going to the hair dresser every two weeks getting flatirons and my hair broke off something terrible. :( now, i am transitioning back to natural...

keriplz

My longest was when I was completely natural around 13 years old and I was MBL. That's where I want to be again.

albane

yes, my hair is longer today than it has ever been. I had very long hair (waist) at the age but I cut it when I graduated in Universty. When I married, I was quite certain I would not grow it again so long, but my husband convinced me to do othewise. I have hair at the hips, a lot of care, including weekly visit to the salon, but it is worth it.

beans4reezy

I just made APL and this is the longest my hair has ever been. I am not stopping until MBL though, so I still have quite a way to go. Nonetheless, without LHCF, I wouldn't have thought that I could control how long my hair could get.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Yep. Everytime I see anxiety about terminal length, I'm reminded of the fact that month by month my hair is longer than it's ever been, so that keeps me hoping.

bestblackgirl

Yes this is the longest my hair has ever been. I am currently full APL now. before LHC I am usually between SL and APL, however the left side was always 3 inches shorter than the right side. Now it's healthier and both sides are the same length:yep:

Traycee

Yes my hair was the longest its ever been in life when it passed BSL....This makes me so grateful for the goals I have made...

LHCF , K.I.S.S. woman on Fotki and Youtube...And lots of reading got me where I needed to be....The learning never stops...Im still learning about this hair thing everyday

JMH1908

The longest I've ever been was BSL-MBL back in high school/college then I cut it off and right after I had my daughter was BSL-MBL, then I cut it off again, who is now 7 yrs old. I chopped it off when she was about a year old out of frustration and wanting a new look, but now I'm coming back after my BC two years ago from a twa. I am now between SL and APL (about 2-3 inches from APL). I just need to keep the scissors away then it will be all good :yep:. Now its a challenge to see how long I can grow my hair since I joined LHCF. The information here is great!

Katherina

yay! i voted that my hair has never been this long! i can also say it's gotten much thicker, shinier, and healthier! :yep:

a year ago, i decided that i was not going to straighten my hair for one year! i made it a whole year, and even though i cut 2-3 inches off, my hair grew from SL to APL! i didn't even apply any of the other healthy hair practices on this board. :look:

i can't wait to be BSL and MBL in 2010. i'm gonna straighten this weekend and do a thorough S&D. then i'm gonna go another year without direct heat. and this time, no trims! :spinning:

i've also started to take better care of my hair (no harsh combing or brushing, keeping it moisturized, strengthening with protein) can you tell i'm excited? my ultimate goal is WL, because i wear my hair natural and i want it to look like it's at least APL. :grin:

ellehair

My hair is not the longest, but within the next 4 months it should have passed the longest length which is SL(I am Sl now, but it was just a bit longer than its now)... And then i'll be on my way to APL..

MrsHdrLe

I thought I'd posted here, but I guess I didn't. I am proud to announce I went from sl (white in siggy) to 1/2 inch from bsl (my lowest strands touch it if pulled/stretched) in 11 months! :yay:(I'll try to add pics later, but for some reason I can't upload them on my FH's computer) This is the longest my hair has ever been. What's wierd is I still feel like my hair isn't long. I guess I'll believe when it's dragging on the floor :giggle: