This Sex Trafficking Is Becoming A Really Bad Problem! 16 Yo Girl Kidnapped In The Bx

Layluh

The very first news article i read said she may have staged it cause she didnt want to move back to honduras

Ms. Tarabotti

Time to get 'la chancla' ( a slipper that Latina moms use on their children). :spank::spank:

Did this girl think that staging a kidnapping would make her mom change her mind about moving back to Honduras? I don't know if the mom is moving back because of work, family or she doesn't like the environment that is around her daughter but this is not the way to go. She had her mom all worried and the police and others concerned for her safety. Women and girls are truly being snatched and thrown into sexual slavery and this fool decided to stage her own kidnapping so that she could stay here. In two years, she'll be 18 and able to legally return to this country if she so desires.

I'm betting a boy has turned her head and she wants to stay to be with him.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I’m ready.

What a selfish little wench. She had a ton of people out there, using man power and resources, looking for her fool behind. And she had me upset down here a thousand miles away.

I hope her mama puts her on a plane to Honduras immediately. What an embarrassment to everyone!

And the fools that agreed to participate in this nonsense need their butts whipped too.

Farida

True. But at least she’s a minor :rolleyes:

What I kept thinking is just because she staged it doesn’t mean nothing happened while she was gone. I don’t know why but I get the feeling this didn’t go entirely the way she planned.
I’m pretty sure she and her friends didn’t think there would be video footage and so much media attention. The video was probably a huge reason this was so viral.

Farida

Sex trafficking is usually more nuanced than just snatching people off the street. A lot of victims are usually lured into it and go “willingly.” More often than not the stuff we see online about vans and snatching end up being urban legends. Not always but most of the time.

This is just so disappointing.

SoniT

Sex trafficking is usually more nuanced than just snatching people off the street. A lot of victims are usually lured into it and go “willingly.” More often than not the stuff we see online about vans and snatching end up being urban legends. Not always but most of the time.

Yes. Last week I listened to a local radio program about sex and human trafficking that dispelled many of the myths that we see on social media. It was interesting.

Southernbella.

Time to get 'la chancla' ( a slipper that Latina moms use on their children). :spank::spank:

Did this girl think that staging a kidnapping would make her mom change her mind about moving back to Honduras? I don't know if the mom is moving back because of work, family or she doesn't like the environment that is around her daughter but this is not the way to go. She had her mom all worried and the police and others concerned for her safety. Women and girls are truly being snatched and thrown into sexual slavery and this fool decided to stage her own kidnapping so that she could stay here. In two years, she'll be 18 and able to legally return to this country if she so desires.

I'm betting a boy has turned her head and she wants to stay to be with him.

You called it.

Ny Post so grain of salt:

The apparent abduction of a 16-year-old girl from a Bronx street sparked an Amber Alert and a citywide manhunt late Monday into Tuesday.

But hours later, the girl resurfaced and admitted to cops that the whole thing was staged so that she could be with her boyfriend, a 23-year-old reputed Crips gangbanger once arrested for murder, cops and police sources said.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/17/karol-sanchez-staged-her-own-kidnapping-police-sources/

Melaninme

I don't think the cameras should've been all up in her face like that... that was my child, the cameras were getting whacked...the media sometimes can be so insensitive. That girl looks traumatized.. but I'm glad she's been found and is back with her family!

My thoughts exactly! What do you (reporters) mean by asking such questions like "Are you glad to be back?..Are you guys glad to have her back?" Huh? What kind of non-sense questions are those to ask?

I too am elated to hear that she was found safe.

ETA:

HOLD UP...WAIT A MINUTE! Staged!!!!

I'm too through! This world is a mess!

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I disagree about urban legend... this stuff is happening for real. These are recent stories, in Georgia alone:

An 11-yr-old, in August

Girl nearly abducted at playground, in October

Police searched for a van with a cage after children said it chased them, in November

White van sightings in Albany

4 year old nearly abducted at Ga Aquarium

LdyKamz

I got this amber alert yesterday morning and they always make my heart sink. What was interesting about this one was there wasn't any additional information but to just check local news. I watched the vid and was almost afraid to leave my apartment. By late afternoon news stories everywhere were saying it was a hoax.

My sister didn't believe the hoax story saying the kidnappers threatened her life and were making her tell this story :rolleyes: I was like I know you don't want to believe a black girl lied about something like this but that makes no sense. And this 16 year old child is already a dangerous individual to come up with something like this. Have her mama thrown on the ground screaming and crying behind a car that just took her child. The world is a crazy place.

All of these instances you posted are small children. And yes small children are usually snatched because among other reasons, they are easier to overpower. In most cases where teenagers and young adult women are taken for sex trafficking it is far less likely for them to be snatched off the street. They are usually groomed or tricked in some way. (A new boyfriend, promises of a job, a friend trying to "help" them get away from their parents). I'm not saying it never happens just that it's less likely. And in the rare instance they are snatched it's done wee hours of the morning with no one around not at 11pm in the Bronx (which for some can still be considered early in this city) when you are walking with another person who can possibly identify everyone involved.

Farida

I didn’t say ALL were urban legends. I said most are. I didn’t mean news stories like these. I see a lot of third-hand accounts on Facebook about so-and-so was snatched by a van. The cops usually find no truth when to many of those stories when they follow up.

Stranger abductions of course do happen and we see lots of stories of them on the news. But the vast majority of human trafficking in this country doesn’t happen like that.

In fact statistics show that amber alerts aren’t as effective as we’d like to believe because most kidnappings are by family members and many people ignore amber alerts.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
@bolded, I don't know who that guy is in relation to the girl but his epic side-eye walking behind her in the hospital pic, had me thinking her crying was for other reasons. Wonder what your sis thinks about that?

I got this amber alert yesterday morning and they always make my heart sink. What was interesting about this one was there wasn't any additional information but to just check local news. I watched the vid and was almost afraid to leave my apartment. By late afternoon news stories everywhere were saying it was a hoax.

My sister didn't believe the hoax story saying the kidnappers threatened her life and were making her tell this story :rolleyes: I was like I know you don't want to believe a black girl lied about something like this but that makes no sense. And this 16 year old child is already a dangerous individual to come up with something like this. Have her mama thrown on the ground screaming and crying behind a car that just took her child. The world is a crazy place.

PopLife

You called it.

Ny Post so grain of salt:

The apparent abduction of a 16-year-old girl from a Bronx street sparked an Amber Alert and a citywide manhunt late Monday into Tuesday.

But hours later, the girl resurfaced and admitted to cops that the whole thing was staged so that she could be with her boyfriend, a 23-year-old reputed Crips gangbanger once arrested for murder, cops and police sources said.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/17/karol-sanchez-staged-her-own-kidnapping-police-sources/

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
It still does NOT make any kind of sense! How would getting fake abducted help you to stay??!!

So her bf ('cough' pimp) is 23, a gang banger and arrested previously for murder...

Are we sure the BF did not plan this for another reason?Ransom? Whatever? And the girl changed her mind but could not implicate the BF?

Idk...something is not right.

LavenderMint

It still does NOT make any kind of sense! How would getting fake abducted help you to stay??!!

So her bf ('cough' pimp) is 23, a gang banger and arrested previously for murder...

Are we sure the BF did not plan this for another reason?Ransom? Whatever? And the girl changed her mind but could not implicate the BF?

This is what was going through my mind when I saw it was staged.... it just seems odd. “Staged” on her end does not mean that the time spent away from her family afterwards went according to her plans.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
This is what was going through my mind when I saw it was staged.... it just seems odd. “Staged” on her end does not mean that the time spent away from her family afterwards went according to her plans.

Exactly. I don't think she needed to stage a kidnapping for the reason given. I think she thought she knew what she was getting into...but didn't.

LdyKamz

Eh I don't expect much from a dumb 16 year old and a loser 23 year old gang member dating a dumb 16 year old. There are tons of stories of dummies being dumb everyday that make little sense but they still did it (Couple of threads below this one we have a guy holding someone at gunpoint for a darn website and then another with a bank thief posting himself with the money. And those are grown folks so...)

It's just that I've seen and heard some things in my day and this is actually tame compared to some of that. I think their only issue was they didn't expect it to go like this or for police and the entire city to be looking for them. There was only so much they could do before the jig was up and it was time to go home.

I agree with your other post saying things didn't go the way she planned but not in the sense that she was ever in any real danger. Otherwise, how is it that she was free to just walk away from these people into a police station? Pimps don't just say "ok baby you can go home" even if he did pretend to be your boyfriend for 5 minutes. If anything I think she's just as dangerous as the guys she enlisted in her little plan and actually hope that her mother is safe and not in danger.

ThirdEyeBeauty

Did she plan to runaway but make it look like a kidnapping?

The runaways have the highest risk of ending up in sex trafficking.
A 15/16 year old runs away. The people in the sex trafficking (man and woman) offer her a place to stay "for free". They tell her she would be taken care of. In exchange, she is pimped out to random men to fund the man and woman team.