Those Who Use Garlic Shampoos?

Lady Esquire

I have been experiencing increased shedding. I wear my hair in a bun 99% of the time. I DC and then rollerset once a week. I co-wash during the midweek. I am still working on the right balance between moisture and protein treatments. However, I have read time and time again that Garlic Shampoos help to curb excess shedding.

Have you tried Nutrine Garlic Shampoo?
Or do you recommend any other brands of Garlic Shampoos? If so, please share.
Did you use this Garlic Shampoo to curb shedding or for any other benefits?
Did it work?
How often did you use it?

Besides Garlic shampoos, what else has worked for curbing shedding?

Thanks ladies.

Ciao! Mooowaahhh!!!!!

InNeedofHairapy

I used Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo for the whole winter. It did cause the breakage to stop. I ran out and never repurchased, but I also did not have anymore breakage. I noticed that I had stretched relaxers while I was going through this breakage, so I'll probably have to repurchase since I am stretching again

sareca

Nope, I use Queen Helene.
Or do you recommend any other brands of Garlic Shampoos? If so, please share.
I've never tried any others. I like this brand, but I don't have any reason to believe it works better than any other brand.
My hair was shedding and breaking more than usual when I started using it.
Did it work? How often did you use it?
Yes, I started using it summertime last year. I diluted it (1 capful to about 20oz of water) and used it 2X/week. I still use it at least once or twice/week. I actually just used it yesterday.

Lady Esquire

thanks for replying ladies. ;) i will add this to my prod list next trip to the bss.

i am revamping my regi. tired of the setbacks....so i am taking notes to tighten up my hair game...!

OnceUponAtime

LadyEsquire said:
No, I hadn't found Nutrine. I use Queen Helene (the stinky one)
Or do you recommend any other brands of Garlic Shampoos? If so, please share. Queen Helene is the only I've tried.
To curb shedding and it had no other benefits other than very clean. It feels like a clarifying poo to me.
Did it work? Yes,except once.
How often did you use it? As needed, which worked out to be pretty much seasonal.

Besides Garlic shampoos, what else has worked for curbing shedding?
The one time the poo didn't work, I tried Neosporin AF and that did the trick.

Do you think your shedding is sesonal or stress related? It could make a difference.

Lady Esquire

OnceUponAtime said:
Do you think your shedding is sesonal or stress related? It could make a difference.

it has been happening for a few months now...so i am not quite sure. i have been thru some major life changes lately, so i definitely would not rule out stress. i have thought about both and i still cannot tell.

Lady Esquire

gymfreak336 said:
Have you looked into the alter ego garlic oil treatment?
I googled it earlier today when I saw it listed in someone's siggy as one of their staples. I have a running list that I am keeping of prods that I would like to try...and I added it on today. It is pricey though! On Sickbay it is $20. I will shop around to see if I can get it at a less expensive price.

Thanks for suggesting it. By the way, have you used it? Is it any Good?:)

gymfreak336

LadyEsquire said:
I googled it earlier today when I saw it listed in someone's siggy as one of their staples. I have a running list that I am keeping of prods that I would like to try...and I added it on today. It is pricey though! On Sickbay it is $20. I will shop around to see if I can get it at a less expensive price.

Thanks for suggesting it. By the way, have you used it? Is it any Good?:)

I haven't. I thought about taking a handful of garlic cloves, crushing them, putting them in a bottle and filling it up with olive oil, letting it sit and "infuse" in my fridge and them using it as an overnight pre-poo on my scalp when I get alot of shedding.