THREAD for no reason - Random Hair Thoughts Here

Hareitiz

I'm tired of wearing this :censored: bun!! But it's such an easy style and I'm too lazy to do anything else right now.

This Viviscal is working!! I have a problem with my nape and now it's growing like crazy!!:thumbsup:

scarcity21

Hareitiz said:
I'm tired of wearing this :censored: bun!! But it's such an easy style and I'm too lazy to do anything else right now.

This Viviscal is working!! I have a problem with my nape and now it's growing like crazy!!:thumbsup:

how long have u been on viviscal?

The Girl

I was trying out the bun tutorial (again) that I saw in someone's fotki (DontSpeakDefeat I think)..it turned out cute, so I am wearing it today. My first successfull rollerset yesterday and I end up bunning the next day because I am scared to leave my ends out today...impulsive/compulsive/obsessive thats what this hair quest makes me...lol

The Girl

preciousjewel76 said:
Ewwwwwwwwww! No wonder I prefer to workout at home. People at gyms can be so gross. At least at home, I don't have to worry about wearing flip-flops in the shower.....:lol:
YES indeed. I have left bc I forgot my flipflops before. no more cooties for me

lana

my hair looks sad...it just needs to be washed because I sweated it out last night... night sweats at 26....is it all downhill after this?

No seriously I think it was a medication that I started yesterday along with it being my time of the month. Bad combination.

I need to wash my hair, that's easy, but doing it....that's a two hour process. I'm seriously considering a texturizer after 5 years as a natural.

The Girl

prettypuff1 said:
i am 22 and i am getting serious night sweats and hot flashes....
ok I was gonna say me too but I am not 22 I just recently stopped taking BC, I figured it was my body detoxing

SUPER SWEET

I got a great deal on Outre falls today :D The store looks like it's closing:ohwell:. I was diggin in that box like it had a million dollars in it :lol:
20 bucks for 2 :eek: is such a steal

e$h

Today is day 3 and I need to be washing my hair but I just got my hair done by the dominicans this past weekend and I don't wanna ruin it.

CAPlush

I found a shed hair on my bed that was 12" long!!! Jeebus, I may have had a growth spurt, I've been trying to copy tsmith and wash every 3 days and it may have worked. I can't wait to check my length in 3 weeks:D

gymfreak336

CAPlush said:
I found a shed hair on my bed that was 12" long!!! Jeebus, I may have had a growth spurt, I've been trying to copy tsmith and wash every 3 days and it may have worked. I can't wait to check my length in 3 weeks:D

Just wanted to say Hi. You might be one of my hair twins because our lengths are just about the same. I got my hair relaxed the last week of Dec. and I was going to try to make it till March. I am going to try to hold out till you do.

CAPlush

gymfreak336 said:
Just wanted to say Hi. You might be one of my hair twins because our lengths are just about the same. I got my hair relaxed the last week of Dec. and I was going to try to make it till March. I am going to try to hold out till you do.

Ok, maybe we should check in with each other to see how stretching is going!:D I look overdue for a relaxer already, I will wait another 3 weeks to pull out the flat iron. March seems like a million years away, but I am going to try to make it too (Lord help me).:look:

candy1214

Feeling totally random today so here goes nothing:

REALLY PISSED that my mom's stylist cut my hair back to nape length. I was this close to SL. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tired of protective styling. Havent worn my hair out in a year since I chopped it down to a twa. I must admit that I love not having to do my hair, but it would be nice to run my fingers through my own hair instead of this fall.

I'm thinking about the C&G method...wish I could cornrow my own hair so I can install a weave instead of payin 70 bucks.

Hoping I can make it really close to APL by December

see? toldja it was a RANDOM day :D

nomoweavesfome

I KNOW I SAID i WASN'T GOING TO RELAX MY HAIR UNTIL FEBRUARY, BUT i AM REALY SICK AND TIRED OF WEARING THIS WIG!!!!! tHE RELAXER GOES ON TONITE!

scarcity21

Hareitiz said:
I've been on Viviscal for two months now. I plan on taking them until June.

What other vits are u taking?
I ask bcos the hair @ my center nape broke of horribly and im trying to grow it back.........i ordered nioxin and received it yesterday.............i will be taking it in conjuction with viviscal.......yes im greedy:lol:

trulyurangel82

my back ends are breaking off :(
I think its because the scrunchie ive been using is too small and too tight when i wear it in a pony tail. I got it from walgreens and it said
"no breakage" but i think its a lie.

So now im using a bigger softer scrunchie and it doesnt cause too much tension. Going to put my mixture of sulfur mix with castor oil/kemi oyl on my ends every night. Im going to try to continue not using heat on my hair until the summer time.

I wasnt going to relax my hair until the first week of feb but I think i might relax it this weekend. My newgrowth is so thick lol and its only 5 weeks.

trulyurangel82

nappywomyn said:
Okay - why was I checking out of the grocery store on Saturday, and the cashier and the bagger were talking to each other about hair. Now mind you, the cashier had some to' up, ate out, chewed up, golden blond hair that BARELY covered her ears, and the ends were still thin, and looked like she was developing a lil male pattern baldness round her hairline.
The bagger asked her if she used hot oil treatments, and she responded "Uh-uh girl, I don't put none of that mess in my hair - you just gotta train your hair right. I put in relaxer and color my hair right after each other, been doing it for 23 years, and my hair has just gotten used to it. You gotta train your hair, just like a child - train it to take it..."

My jaw damn near hit the floor. 23 YEARS of coloring and relaxing on top of each other? Damn, no wonder her hair was looking a hot mess. And the bagger - she had some nice hair too - full hairline, and had her hair pulled back into a lil ponytail - it was most likely about shoulder length. I wished I had some LHCF cards to hand out to both of them - I mean, she might have dug having pixie length hair all the time....but *shakes head* It's a shame.

I've found myself, whenever I'm out, checking out my sista's hair - and in general, it's a damn SHAME - as much as we care about our hair, you would THINK we would figure out how to make it look good - but *shakes head* nope, nope, nope - even the babies hair is jacked!

lmao wow. yeah I had someone that did hair on campus (she was a student) tell me that theres nothing wrong with flat ironing your hair everyday. She used heat on her hair everyday and her hair was rly short. My hair was breaking off at the time and i asked her if that could be it and she said no its not. Uh I stopped using too much heat and my hair stop breaking off so she was wrong and she was a hair stylist!

HONEYVIBE

i want to avoid trimming my ends. Last time I got them trimmed in Aug 06. Instead i would like to find something absorbent and not to greasy for my ends.

HoneyDew

HoneyDew said:
My hair looks cute today. :D

My hair does not look (at least it does not feel) cute, today. I decided to try a new leave in. :look: I need to stop trying everything under the sun and stick with what works. My hair is just not moving like it normally is. I had to double layer products to soften it because the Garnier Fructis long and strong leave in airdried HARD. :( I am throwing that stuff out! Anybody like it? I have a couple of bottles of it that I am willing to give (if you don't mind) paying shipping.

MY BF gave it to me after he found them at Walgreens for a $1. He does not like it as much as another product so you know my greedy for more products arse grabbed them up.
It's this one:

Determined22

I used Clairol's Beautiful Collections today to go dark brown, and the results came out amazing! :D I really love my new brown hair.

SUPER SWEET

I was on the bus today and :ohwell:
I wanted to get a razor and shave the grey beads sticking out of this lady's jet black wig........

I saw a lady and I wanted to tell her to get an ORS pack to deep condition with tonight....

I saw a teenage boy with the most beautiful cornrows

I smelled an older lady's jerri curl in the back of the bus and she was sitting in very front

bLackButtaFly

I used some oyin products last night, and they work fine, but the smell is so overpowering I can barely breathe. I had to rinse my hair twice this mrning, and wahs my head scarf. I'm trying to look for an EO of fragerance oil I can use to cut the scents.
Oh and I was looking at a pic of me from a year ago when I did a pony puff and you couldn't even see my hair and today alot of women on th train have been ooking for tracks on the my pony puff, yeh progress!

imstush

GOD I swear I'll never put another relaxer in my head, please just let this transition be over already!