Time To Stock Up. Wetline Has Changed Their Formula

RossBoss

Ok gotcha. I just took some pics of the tubs showing the different formulas.

This is the original formula below that I had from the beginning (32oz Clear w/Green lid)
View attachment 426481

This is the 32oz blue I just bought (green is the same) - Same as original clear formula. Some of the blues also listed the new formulas so I had to pick to find these.
View attachment 426483

This is one of the new clear 8oz formulas that I bought before I realized the formulas changed. I didn't even notice that it said Benzoyl Alcohol and MethoxyCinnamidopropyl. I was wondering why my hair didn't feel the same.
View attachment 426485

Now this is where I got confused. I found this new clear jar below recently (the second new formula) that DIDN'T say Benzoyl Alcohol so I thought yay, it must be close to the original formula. But it wasn't and made my hair ashy, dry and crunchy and it didn't re-activate when wet like the original. That Methoxy Cinnamidopropyl ingredient is new and the other ingredients order is a little off too. Most of the ones I've been seeing have these ingredients.
View attachment 426487

Seems that I have the new formula. The one I have is the third picture that you listed. Thank goodness it works for my hair.

caribeandiva

Human being
Ok gotcha. I just took some pics of the tubs showing the different formulas.

This is the original formula below that I had from the beginning (32oz Clear w/Green lid)
View attachment 426481

This is the 32oz blue I just bought (green is the same) - Same as original clear formula. Some of the blues also listed the new formulas so I had to pick to find these.
View attachment 426483

This is one of the new clear 8oz formulas that I bought before I realized the formulas changed. I didn't even notice that it said Benzoyl Alcohol and MethoxyCinnamidopropyl. I was wondering why my hair didn't feel the same.
View attachment 426485

Now this is where I got confused. I found this new clear jar below recently (the second new formula) that DIDN'T say Benzoyl Alcohol so I thought yay, it must be close to the original formula. But it wasn't and made my hair ashy, dry and crunchy and it didn't re-activate when wet like the original. That Methoxy Cinnamidopropyl ingredient is new and the other ingredients order is a little off too. Most of the ones I've been seeing have these ingredients.
View attachment 426487
I just checked my jars and they’re all original formulas. Whew!!

SuchaLady

@PJaye and others interested

So I finally tried that Got 2B Glued :look:

I think we have a winner. I tell you no lie but I just washed my bun out from Easter (two week wash rotation) and while the slickage had started to let up I think I could’ve reactivated with water if need be.

I’ve been rained on, gone to the gym (with a scarf), plus normal wear and tear :lol: so I’m like:eek:

The product description says it’s water proof and doesn’t move until shampooed out; I agree:spinning:

SuchaLady

@PJaye and others interested

So I finally tried that Got 2B Glued :look:

I think we have a winner. I tell you no lie but I just washed my bun out from Easter (two week wash rotation) and while the slickage had started to let up I think I could’ve reactivated with water if need be.

I’ve been rained on, gone to the gym (with a scarf), plus normal wear and tear :lol: so I’m like:eek:

The product description says it’s water proof and doesn’t move until shampooed out; I agree:spinning:

Okay. I think this caused shedding on my edges so it’s getting trashed. Back to the drawing board.

werenumber2

My tub is running low. :cry3:
I got so excited when I found the gel in cute little jars (perfect for traveling) at a 99 cents store until I checked the ingredients.

Aggie

I have some of the new formula and it really does not work as great as the original formula. It does have some hold and not as much shine nor does it define my curls as well as the original. I will finish up the few jars that I have and may go back to Fanatsia IC Styling Gel (the pink one was my favorite).

OneShinyface

I'm glad to finally see this. I wondered what was up with my gel and now I know. My hair laughs at this new formula after day 2. I can't refresh it and feel as though I need to clarify then start from scratch after only a day. I need to spend the weekend hitting up local stories to see if I can find the old formula.

chocolat79

I'm glad to finally see this. I wondered what was up with my gel and now I know. My hair laughs at this new formula after day 2. I can't refresh it and feel as though I need to clarify then start from scratch after only a day. I need to spend the weekend hitting up local stories to see if I can find the old formula.
I haven’t started using this because as I was reading my hopes were getting dashed with the new formula. However, I think the blue one has the original ingredients, based on what’s posted in here. HTH

CoveredGirl

Yep the formula definitely changed. I thought it was just my hair or regimen. Glad to know I wasn’t going crazy. My hair laughs at this stuff now.