To Chop or not to Chop - My Experiment

ilah

Ok - Sept of this year marks my one year transition. I've been getting a little anxious. I am ready to chop but was trying to go the full year to get as much length as I could... So I decided to experiment. I took a little section in the back, drenched it in leave in and cut off the relaxed ends. Threw in a bit of IC Fantsia and fell in love!!!!!! My little curls! My little curls.

Seeing as I have a habit of jumping into things I'm giving myself a couple of hours to chop, or wait. What do you ladies think.

Attachments

• DSC00273.jpg
    DSC00273.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC00274.JPG
    DSC00274.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00276.jpg
    DSC00276.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00277.jpg
    DSC00277.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 71

LaFemmeNaturelle

Chop if you are ready! September isn't that far away. If you get average growth thats only about an extra inch! Think about it for a couple of days (or hours..whateva floats ya boat) then decide.

NikkiQ

awwwww look at the curls!!! I say chop away. Its only a month and a half. You can be enjoying your 100% natural hair by then.

ilah

awwwww look at the curls!!! I say chop away. Its only a month and a half. You can be enjoying your 100% natural hair by then.

You are sooooooooooooooooo right. Might need to run to CVS for some gel LOL!

HeavenlySkies

You might want to experiment with some other parts of your head first particularly the crown which is usually the majority of how the rest of your hair will be. I remember I chopped because my nape was pretty awesome and the sides too but then come to find out the rest of my hair was nothing like it lol I would have stretched my transition way longer had I known.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

my hair is still actin' ignant.... since i chopped!
seems like the texture changes errrry dayuum day
but I wish I had done it along time ago.... best thing ever!

preciouslove0x

my hair is still actin' ignant.... since i chopped!
seems like the texture changes errrry dayuum day
but I wish I had done it along time ago.... best thing ever!

I'm with you. My texture seems to be changing (more defined) as the months go on. I've very excited to see how it looks in a few months.

ilah

finished around 10:30 last night and had to wrap up and go to bed - didn't have time to take too many pics and post - I should have waited - TILL THE WEEKEND - LOL - I'm loving it - I promise to take a billion pics and post when I get home.

Now....how to style such hair....

Vonnieluvs08

Congrats!! I did the slow chop and it only frustrated me cause I waited 2 or 3 months later when I left my job to finally BC.

Can't wait for the pics.