Votes: 26 22.6%
  • Once a week

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • I rarely comb my hair

Votes: 30 26.1%

• Total voters

Kookie

Yep! I TOTALLY agree with you Pooh!
My hair is probably 3c/4a...and 4b! Tight coils/springs everywhere!!!
And I just recently did a wash and go--with no comb!
It was great!

Only time I feel a comb is necessary is -- as you stated-- for stretched out styles.....Or like if I'm planning to braid/twist/etc.

Poohbear said:
I really don't see the need for a comb unless I'm going to wear my hair stretched out.

bablou00

I try not to comb my hair until after I wash and put in my leave in. I detangle then and rollerset or a loose wrap to get the ends straight. I think not combin my hair so much has helped me to retain length. Finger combing is the best thing when you want to be nice to your hair

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Kookie said:
Yep! I TOTALLY agree with you Pooh!
My hair is probably 3c/4a...and 4b! Tight coils/springs everywhere!!!
And I just recently did a wash and go--with no comb!
It was great!

Only time I feel a comb is necessary is -- as you stated-- for stretched out styles.....Or like if I'm planning to braid/twist/etc.
Off topic, but---

Kookie! Why did you put a link to your fotki album in your signature and every folder is EMPTY!!!??? :grin:

Kookie

Off topic, but---

Kookie! Why did you put a link to your fotki album in your signature and every folder is EMPTY!!!??? :grin:

Sorry for the late response but:
Poohbear....my Fotki albums aren't empty----
The thing is...I have it set to where ONLY Fotki members can view my albums.
So...if you are not logged in--ya can't see the pics!

But the link still works----come on by and give feedback.
(note: haven't updated as frequently as I have in the past.... :look: .... I will get back on the ball soon, tho :yep:)

sareca

I'm relaxed. 4a-b. I never comb. I comb once every 2 weeks now. Thats on wash day. Everyday..I leave hair out. I keep my scarf on it to keep it flat and smooth. Hair doesn't have to be untangled or anything. As long as it LOOKS smooth, flat.. then thats good enough for me. Even tho I can't even get my fingers thru it..lol. but u can't tell. No combing is the best thing thats ever happened to my hair.

I'm with her. :grin:

Proudpiscean

I'm relaxed. 4a-b. I never comb. I comb once every 2 weeks now. Thats on wash day. Everyday..I leave hair out. I keep my scarf on it to keep it flat and smooth. Hair doesn't have to be untangled or anything. As long as it LOOKS smooth, flat.. then thats good enough for me. Even tho I can't even get my fingers thru it..lol. but u can't tell. No combing is the best thing thats ever happened to my hair.

ITA! :grin:

bluefolli

I CW nearly every day, so I don't comb my hair until I do a dC on the weekends. I finger comb once or twice a week if I am not able to pre-poo.

CurliDiva

I've learned to "patiently" detangle with my fingers and have not needed to comb my hair in months! :yep: I do use the pointed end to make even parts, but never brush anymore.

Babychoc

I comb my hair 2x/daily. I wrap my hair every night and I use a comb and paddle brush. I don't have any problems combing, but I would if I didn't!

dillard

hmm, i comb everyday but after reading this i think i'll try to cut back... but, how do you get the parts to not show? i'll try finger combing and see if that makes a difference.

SleekandBouncy

I comb once or twice a day, with a wide tooth comb. I can't imagine not combing my hair, it wouldn't look neat.
I've learned how to comb properly and take better care of my hair, so now I can comb without any hair loss.

meaganita

I comb 1x a week unless I'm wearing small cornrows.
Right now my hair is straight and I comb every 3 days or so
until wash day. I only use my fingers and a wide tooth comb.

Gryphyn

I voted rarely. I'm lazy and barely use it at all. Most of the time I just use my fingers, but if I need to use a comb, I will.

ETA: I set my hair in pin curls every night, so although I'm natural, my hair is usually "stretched out". That's probably why I don't have to worry about combing so often.

Last edited:

MariposaSexyGirl

I comb under the shower during wash days. But when I wear my hair in a bun(when I'm CO wash) I just unbraid and have it in a loose ponytail that has already been detangled from a previous wash, let water run over it apply conditioner let it stay while I clean then just stuck my head back under the shower and let the water rinse it out. Then after I'm done I put a leave in in and braid my hair back up and bun it and I'm good to go.

silvergirl

i comb/detangle my hair everyday when i cowash it.
it hasnt affected my growth or retention rate at all.

if anything daily washing/detangling is the best thing for my hair :)