To shave or not to shave??

To wax or not to wax....

• Wax

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Not

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

xmasbaby78

Does anyone shave/wax their sideburns?? My cousin can't stand it and is always making comments about them. Me, I never really thought too much about it but her comments are starting to make me feel some kinda ways. Sometimes they will start to look a little wild but I just brush them down. Last night she asked me if I was letting my sideburns grow in:perplexed She laughed and said, "It's not considered baby hair at 32" I think I've always been afraid to shave them because I wasn't sure how they would grow back in!:locks:

So what y'all think, sideburns/baby hair, shave it or leave it?? (Don't be laughing neither, I'm sensitive about my ish):look::look::look:

Input please......Is it really that bad??
sideburns.JPG
Thanks!:yep:

Last edited:

GaiasDaughter24

I've seen people with it and it never fazed me.I'd say leave them and forget about her. But if you're truly bothered (not because of her but because YOU'RE just uncomfortable) then I guess I'd wax. It lasts longer than shaving.

daydreem2876

carpe diem
You have to learn to filter other peoples opinions in general. Unless YOU are concerned about it, leave your pretty face alone. If you are good with your side burns, then stay that way.

keepithealthy

I honestly think they look normal to me. I wouldn't recommend shaving them because then they might grow in really hairy. If you really want to get rid of them I agree with the laser removal idea.

kandiekj100

Girl, leave it alone. I wouldn't worry about, especially since she is the only person who is commenting on it. It sounds like it is a personal problem. If the sight bothers her that much, maybe she should stop hanging out with you. Just tell her you like your hair the way it is, sideburns included, and you do not want to hear her comment on it again. point. blank. period.

curlyninjagirl

I wouldn't do it if i were you. I waxed my chin and now there's 10 dark hairs where there were only 2 before. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I wish I'd never done it.

I have never in all my life heard a dude joke or complain about side burns. These are what they seem to have a problem with on a woman: Leg hair, armpit hair, chin whiskers, lip hair, unkempt hoo hoo hair, eyebrow hair (sometimes). That's about it.

Tiye

From what I've seen they get lighter on their own in time and eventually unnoticeable. So I would just leave them alone. If you choose to do something - wax is the better option but applied by someone who knows what they're doing or it can mess up your skin. With waxing the hair comes back finer. Do not shave - that can make them coarser.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
If they work for you then rock it with confidence. I prefer my side burns trimmed and do so frequently by trimming with clippers. My side burns stop around mid ear.

koolkittychick

They look totally fine to me--I wouldn't mess with them. Like an earlier poster mentioned, I started plucking one or two barely noticeable chin hairs a couple of years ago, and now 10 pop up for every on I pluck. :nono:

Leave well enough alone; she's probably hating on you because you have such fabulous hair! :yep:

blondemane

OP. I voted before I saw the pic. I thought you were asking to shave vs. wax. They look fine to me. Mine can get fairly thick, I pluck mine

TokyoReina

I occasionally shave mine off. I had to get up and look in the mirror just to see if they came back. I would leave them alone because I think mine grow funny now because if the shaving. They look fine to me.

xmasbaby78

If they work for you then rock it with confidence. I prefer my side burns trimmed and do so frequently by trimming with clippers. My side burns stop around mid ear.

That's what my cousin told me I need to do, but I am consumed with fear! Since she has brought it to my attention, I can't look in the mirror without noticing them, umph! Talking about planting a seed!

manter26

I bleach mine but they are very fine...baby hair quality. :lol: If you're fine with yours, leave them. They look okay to me.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
That's what my cousin told me I need to do, but I am consumed with fear! Since she has brought it to my attention, I can't look in the mirror without noticing them, umph! Talking about planting a seed!
xmasbaby78 - I trim my side burns and my nape. Been doing it for a very long time so I don't have any fear about doing it. I prefer a trimmed look as having long side burns are unappealing to me (no disrespect; just sharing my opinion). I seem to be of the minority with regards to not rocking long side burns. It just comes down to preference. If I had to openly and honestly give you my opinion, I'd say shave them simply because I think that is a neater look. There's no right or wrong. Do what makes you (not your cousin or any others) comfy. If you now have a complex about it, try shaving them to see if you like the trimmed look. Trust, the hairs will grow back. Those little nape and side burns seem to be the fastest growing hairs that I have. :giggle: Let me know what you decide. Your cousin should support you either way.

LaToya28

Your sideburns don't look bad at all. If they don't bother you, I'd just leave them alone. Mine are long (below my ears) and thick, so I usually cut them off but sometimes I just trim them a little.

bludaydreamr

I have them, they don't really bother me now, if they get out of hand I trim them, but never would I shave them. I have considered laser hair removal, and I have decided that it would probably be my first choice.

kupenda

Lol!! She's complaining abt that? That's nothing! Tell her KIM. Maybe it's not your sideburns thy are actually bothering her. Are there other things that you do better than her? Example: your hair health, job, bank acct, looks, social acceptance, etc

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Lol!! She's complaining abt that? That's nothing! Tell her KIM. Maybe it's not your sideburns thy are actually bothering her. Are there other things that you do better than her? Example: your hair health, job, bank acct, looks, social acceptance, etc

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This exactly!:yep:

LilMissRed

I agree w/the majority! They look 'normal' to me. If u like'em, leave'em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SAMSUNG-SGH-I897