to those who are wearing braid extensions

Inches411

how do you wash your hair? Do you use shampoo or just rinse with water.. i know that conditioner will loosen the braid. wat about the shampoo does that loosen the braid as well.. what do you do to keep your braids clean as well as nice looking.

msa

I wash my scalp with a mix of baking soda and water just like I normally would. I rinse my scalp and braids a few times and then I put conditioner on the actual braids and usually I don't rinse it out. I don't find that my braids get looser, but they do get frizzy. I can't really help the frizziness because that's just how my hair is but I usually tie my hair up with a scarf and it lays down pretty well.

Inches411

I wash my scalp with a mix of baking soda and water just like I normally would. I rinse my scalp and braids a few times and then I put conditioner on the actual braids and usually I don't rinse it out. I don't find that my braids get looser, but they do get frizzy. I can't really help the frizziness because that's just how my hair is but I usually tie my hair up with a scarf and it lays down pretty well.[/quotE

are you talking about your natural hair or the braid hair?

msa

my natural hair. it gets frizzy the moment i wash it when i have braids but there isn't really much i can do about it. and it doesn't bother me so that helps.

winnettag

I wait 2 weeks after getting extensions put in before i let water come anywhere near them! I wash with diluted shampoo. I spray on a liquid leave-in & a braid spray when i'm done. No slipping.

diligence

I wash with diluted shampoo, then dilute some conditioner and attempt to work the conditioner into the braids (as far down as my hair goes). I let it sit for a minute then rinse...then i do another "rinse" with diluted conditioner, then a light final rinse. I've even dc'd with these braids too. It really depends on how tightly the braids are done (not at the scalp, but down the braid) as far as how frizzy they'll get. My braider braids in such a way that the braids do not slip down at all, and then she braids really tight down the braid section that has my hair in it. This helps significantly with preventing to much frizz. Hope I didn't confuse you!

baddison

natural for good
I wait 2 weeks after getting extensions put in before i let water come anywhere near them! I wash with diluted shampoo. I spray on a liquid leave-in & a braid spray when i'm done. No slipping.

I am in the C & G challenge, and have decided to wear cornbraids for my extensions. Its easy & quick to do myself. I wash and condition twice per week. First I put on a stocking cap, to keep the fuzz to a minimum. Then I get in the shower and shampoo with diluted Aubrey Honeysuckly rose moisturizing shampoo from a squeeze bottle. I saturate the hair under the stocking cap. Then I press all around the head to make sure the shampoo is everywhere. I stand under the shower stream and rinse, pressing the hair as the water flows. Then I add diluted conditioner Tresemme Moister w/vitamin E, and repeat the steps again. I make sure to rinse out the conditioner completely. All this while the stocking cap remains on.

I get out, wrap braids in a towel and press dry, stocking cap still on. When I finally remove the stocking cap to add my OCT, and Infusium 23 Moistur-logique, and BRX Braid spray, there's virtually no fuzz at all.

I guess this was a bit too detailed, but I hope this helps.:grin:

Neith

I wash with diluted shampoo. Then I deep condition with diluted conditioner. Then I spray leave in.

After washing my braids DO slip some and frizz a little. I do my own braids, so I just redo the ones that need redoing as needed.

baddison

natural for good
What's the longest I can expect cornrow braid extensions to last before they really start looking like brillo pad? So far, I haven'te even been able to make a twoweek stretch. The longest has been nine days. I wash and DC twice per week, every Wednesday and Saturday. Any tips, ideas, suggestions on making cornrow braid extensions last longer? Don't like boxbraids because they're too time consuming. I can cornrow my whole head in 3- 4 hours.

What's the longest I can expect cornrow braid extensions to last before they really start looking like brillo pad? So far, I haven'te even been able to make a twoweek stretch. The longest has been nine days. I wash and DC twice per week, every Wednesday and Saturday. Any tips, ideas, suggestions on making cornrow braid extensions last longer? Don't like boxbraids because they're too time consuming. I can cornrow my whole head in 3- 4 hours.

I don't have an anser but for cornrows and you washing them 2x a week - I think 9 days is REALLY good. :yep:You in Jersey...don't you want to make a lil change and do my cornrows :rolleyes:?