To those with coily threads

**Jade**

Do you experience a sore or tender scalp? I've always been "tender-headed" and my mom as well as a number of stylists have told me it's b/c 1.) My hair grows "fast"
2.) I have tight coils

Just wondering if there is any truth to it... and I've noticed right before it seems I get a lot of growth my head hurts and is tender to the touch... anyone else or am I just psycho?

naturalgurl

You're not crazy. My crown which is the tightest gets sore when it grows and I have the "growing" type of hair too.

Artemis

Heck yeah! My natural hair coils up like those tiny pensprings and some coils have the diameter of the skinny black coffee stirrers. My theory is that because the follicle shape is oval shaped and the strands twist while they coil, the follicles are really getting a work out. I noticed this when I was natural too. Plus on my head, on one side the coils curl congruently, and on the other side they don't clump together, and coil against each other. My scalp is always sore or itchy. Now with new growth and relaxed hair, washing often helps me feel relief as well as getting the new growth straight when styling.