Toddler dies in hot car after dad refuses to let police break window

Zaz

But wouldn’t the police look in the car and see that the baby wasn’t moving? Can you have the air conditioning running if the engine isn’t running? Even if the car is brand new, couldn’t the cops feel the hood to see if the car was running?
The way I read it, at least the only thing that made sense to me, was that the car was running but the AC was not on. Since both his brother and the cops bought the AC story.

kupenda

I need an update on this story. Balenciagas on his feet, a Dior sweatshirt, Apple Watch. All of which cost just as much or more than a broken window. Plus he has a history of CPS being called. Him and his momma can jump off a bridge

kimpaur

The more details that come out, the worse I feel for this poor child.I really wanted to believe this man was slow rather than he would deliberately make his child suffer like this :nono:

I have so many questions, the biggest one being that if it’s true that this man had 5 CPS cases against him, why the hell was he even allowed with the baby girl in the first place?

The police were OK with watching a black baby die. Dogs get more protection.

Yep. It made no sense the way they stood there and let him waste time calling for tow trucks, locksmiths, and whoever else.

Wow at the new details. It’s starting to sound like he killed that baby. Probably made all those calls to stall and make it look like more of an accident. I pray the truth comes out.

Theresamonet

In this article the officer makes a statement that basically, they sat back and let him do all of that, because they saw the child alive in the car when they arrived (which is a dumb excuse). So, I don’t know where y’all are reading about this being a cover up for a strangulation, but that seems to be untrue— unless the police are also trying to cover for their lack of appropriate action.

naturalgyrl5199

In this article the officer makes a statement that basically, they sat back and let him do all of that, because they saw the child alive in the car when they arrived (which is a dumb excuse). So, I don’t know where y’all are reading about this being a cover up for a strangulation, but that seems to be untrue— unless the police are also trying to cover for their lack of appropriate action.
I hope I heard wrong. Either way the story still makes NO SENSE. Since she was alive, police SHOULD know they have MINUTES to get a child out of a hot car. Meaning they watched her die. Or she may have been strangled to sleep/unconscious and was still moving about the way kids STIR when they are sleeping. But I can bet you that child wasn't alert and cooing and playing around then all of a sudden she dies. There is a WHOLE LOT missing from this story. I do doubt that the child's mother or grandmother will be advocating for a good autopsy to piece together how and how long before she died. ---eh well someone may bc its a child. In Florida we have a committee by county that reviews the death of children when its not natural causes. But it takes month or longer. Especially if it IS abuse. My boss is on that review and I have declined to be on that panel until recently because we are working on maternal/infant mortality.... but I digress. There is NO EXCUSE for the death of this child while so many people claimed to have tried to help. I DO believe the father was negligent as were the police. I would have broken the glass and offered to pay it myself since the dad is a POS. All these folk wanting to help but the baby still died. No way.

Also--the AC does NOTHING to help in the heat if the child has been sitting there for over an hour. With this pandemic people are not allowed to wait in buildings if they reach capacity or at all. I have sat in the car in Doctors offices waiting for my 2 YO to be seen and in the car with her for the dentist as well. After 15 minutes we had to open the windows and then we eventually got out. We were hot. When I took her out the car seat both times I noticed her entire back was SOAKED in sweat and she was HOT HOT to the touch.... I had the AC on blast. I am pretty sure a coroner will still decide she passed from Heat Stroke or something related to it. Making dad super negligent and police partially negligent cuz they are IGNORANT.
I still believe we need to give it time. The strangulation is definitely RUMORS. The CPS cases may not be.

Ganjababy

He looks so calm in the mugshot. A normal father would have been distraugh. I know people grieve differently but from the articles it appears he showed more emotion at the thought of his window being broken. His ex mentioned how calm he looked in his mugshot too. She said she wants him to pay for what he did or something to that effect. She knows the person he is...

GGsKin

Failure on the part of the father and the officers. The wording that is repeated in the articles I've read is interesting, "they could see the child was breathing". It doesn't suggest she was moving around or active. Also, that her body was in rigor mortis by the time they got the baby out of the car, suggests she was in the car way longer than reported, even from bystander/ neighbour accounts.

chocolat79

Did the police need his permission to break his window to save a life inside? I don’t understand why they waited around for this idiot to do all of that.
My thoughts exactly! I mean, they shoot first and ask questions later, but when a child is trapped in a car, they ask for permission???

Make it make sense. Also, everyone is responsible for this little girl's death except the GF.