Too much protein?

Ms. Plain Jane

My hair is in need of more protein, but I am wondering if the combination of protein products will be too much.

I plan to pre poo with Motions CPR, olive oil, and African Pride oil (the red one) and leave it in for 30-60 minutes. I plan to shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo, to be followed by the Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor and then the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer. I plan to use Infusium 23 (Repairology) as a leave in and roller set my hair.

Is this too much protein? Is it not enough?

The regimen that I have been following for the last couple of weeks is: pre poo with Silicon Mic, olive oil, and African Pride oil and leave it in for a 2 or more hours, sometimes even over night. Shampoo with Optimum Oil Theraphy Shampoo, Condition with Silicon Mix, rinse that out and add Elasta QP Feel Like Silk and then roller set.

I am beginning to think that's too much moisturizing... Please help!

TIA!

Daisimae

It depends on how much your hair needs. But, my first thought would be that it is too much. Start out with your pre-poo with Motions CPR/oils and see how your hair does. If you don't get the results you need then try Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor next.

I don't know anything about Infusium 23. The one time I used Infusium, (years ago), my hair hated it.

I haven't used any of your moisturizers, but, I do wash wth a moisturizing shampoo twice a week, (trying to change one of the washes to a co-wash now), then condition with a moisturizing conditioner and deep condition w/heat with another moisturizing conditioner mixed with Generic Nexxus Humectress. For leave-ins I use creamy moisturizing leave-ins from Sunsilk and spray in a little Roux Fermodyl 619 ES and Aphogee Pro-Vitamin for a little strength.

Hope this helps.

cicilypayne

I do think the Motions Cpr as pre poo followed by Aphogee is too much. Motions CPR is a really good protien treatment and Aphogee is straight serious. I like balancing my protein and moisturizers. If I prepoo protein then I deep condition moisturizer and vice versa. My leave in after a wash is usually infusium or fermydol and a daliy creame moisture leave in post wash days.

HTH So far So good for me.:drunk:

Last edited:

Ms. Plain Jane

It depends on how much your hair needs. But, my first thought would be that it is too much. Start out with your pre-poo with Motions CPR/oils and see how your hair does. If you don't get the results you need then try Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor next.

I don't know anything about Infusium 23. The one time I used Infusium, (years ago), my hair hated it.

I haven't used any of your moisturizers, but, I do wash wth a moisturizing shampoo twice a week, (trying to change one of the washes to a co-wash now), then condition with a moisturizing conditioner and deep condition w/heat with another moisturizing conditioner mixed with Generic Nexxus Humectress. For leave-ins I use creamy moisturizing leave-ins from Sunsilk and spray in a little Roux Fermodyl 619 ES and Aphogee Pro-Vitamin for a little strength.

Hope this helps.

For some reason I am afraid to try co-washing...

What is Aphogee Pro-Vitamin and what does it do?

Ms. Plain Jane

I do think the Motions Cpr as pre poo followed by Aphogee is too much. Motions CPR is a really good protien treatment and Aphogee is straight serious. I like balancing my protein and moisturizers. If I prepoo protein then I deep condition moisturizer and vice versa. My leave in after a wash is usually infusium or fermydol and a daliy creame moisture leave in post wash days.

HTH So far So good for me.:drunk:

Thanks. I'll just pre poo protein and wash and condition moisture. I hope that I have a protein leave in...

Daisimae

What is Aphogee Pro-Vitamin and what does it do?

Aphogee Pro-Vitamin is a leave-in conditioner. Sallys has it. It comes in a bottle, but, works better if you spray it in. It has protein and cerimades in it to help keep your hair strong. It also has a heat-protectant in it. http://sallybeauty.com/shop/1210/670560 The bottle just got a makeover and a color change to purple. It may look different at your Sallys.

Last edited:

Ms. Plain Jane

Aphogee Pro-Vitamin is a leave-in conditioner. Sallys has it. It comes in a bottle, but, works better if you spray it in. It has protein and cerimades in it to help keep your hair strong. It also has a heat-protectant in it. http://sallybeauty.com/shop/1210/670560 The bottle just got a makeover and a color change to purple. It may look different at your Sallys.

I almost bought that this evening (in the purple bottle), but decided against it because in reading the bottle, it seemed to be more of a moisturizer to me... :perplexed

mochamadness

Going the Distance
It may be too much protein. If you are pre pooing w/ the motions CPR, then you may be better off just washing and conditioning with a moisturizing product. That way you're getting your protein and moisturize.