Took my braids Down!!!!!!

sweetpeadst

Ok as of last night my boyfriend and I took the infamous micros out of my head(mind you I haven't had a perm since October 26). As I sit here typing to you I am sitting with a bag of conditioner (Lustrasilk Tea Trea Cholesterol) on my hair, that has not yet been washed and will not be until I untangle and get the lint out of it. I have not yet placed a comb to my head, I am so afraid. I have to run to the store to get the Culture 7 day relaxer so that I can even think about putting a comb in my hair. My objective is to wash, deep condition (to prepare my hair for my PHYTORELAXER), and put the 7 day realxer on it then I will use my Maxiglide and post pics so that you can see before and after pics. :grin: Oh yeah I will also be using my NEW LACIO LACIO. Any sugegestions on what I need to do????

CHeck out my pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
wait, you didnt comb out your hair before you out the con. on it? have you done it this way before?

Girl You Should Have Combed That Hair Out Before You Put Anything On It!!!!i Hope U Dont Have A Tangled Mess Like I Did....keep Us Posted.

NO I haven't done it this way before but I think it will just be easier this way. I will tell you how it turns out. My hair was so "not hard" but not movable.

That Is Where I Messed Up At The Front I Combed Out But I Had Someone Help Me With The Back And She Didn't Comb It Out And It Was 2 Something In The Morning So I Was Just Like Forget The Back And It Was Something Horrible Best Wishes........but Now Since I Have Done My Hair I See That I Didn't Have Much Damaged B/c My Ends Still Look Healthy

Ok I have detangled now I am off to the store. But before I go I did have tangles but I just took my time and did small sections. SO it wassn't that bad I am real patioent when it comes to my hair. I have major shrinkage but you will see with my pics when I get back from the store!!!!!!!!!!!! Holla back!!!!!

Girl, I was about to have a fit when I read that you didn't detangle before you added conditioner. I am glad that it worked out. Don't be scaring me like that!!

@ MissyT I thought it ws sweet off him. He actually volunteered himself to help.
@ DSD There was a reason I was supposed to have a job interview today but my hair ws so big so that is how the conditioner came in to play (I was going to wear a wig but could not find it) so I did not even go to interview.

I still haven't found the Culture. Ok in MObile we have this store called Hudson's Treasure Hunt they had so much the last time I was there but when I went today noone in site so when my soaps go off I will be on the hunt again.

dontspeakdefeat said:
Girl, I was about to have a fit when I read that you didn't detangle before you added conditioner. I am glad that it worked out. Don't be scaring me like that!!

RIGHT. I was over here thinking she hasn't detangled? Oh NO!
confused66.gif
I know how hard hair can be to manage after removing micros.
confused62.gif
I'm glad it worked out for you though!

I tried the Culture 7 day relaxer. There is a free coupon for it in this month's issue of Hype Hair (with Vivica on the cover). I found it at Rite-Aide.
Don't waste your money. It smells funny and it's basically a setting lotion...propylene glycol is one of the first few ingredients. I think you would be better off with Salerm 21 which also contains propylene glycol.

@ Cali too late I already bought it and tried it

I am at a lost for words my hair is so nappy 19 weeks post is no joke I really want to put a perm in it right now!!!!!!!!!! It looks that bad there are pics in my album but not since it has dried. My hair is done!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I can wait until saturday I have over 1 1/2 inches and it looks like a afro then hair straight hair!!!!!!!!!! I have one last resort and that is my MAXIGLIDE we will see.:confused: :eek: :mad: I did it to myself!!!!!!!

I totally understand the afro with straight hair thing...I have that look going on if I don't do my braidout. Try parting your hair into 4 sections. In each section, make four braids. Spray each section with water and apply your favorite conditioner to the section before gently combing it thru and braiding it. This should give you a pretty wavy style after you let it dry.

Thanks CandiceC I needed that I was at a loss for a moment. It still is think but I will have to hold off for as long as I can.

I don't know how long I can keep this under control I might have to get a perm before Saturday due to the fact that I am working out and sweating so my hair will revert. Workeed out this morning THICK!!!!!!

I have also just removed twisted micros, using Better braids unbraid spray. i didn't have too many tangles but my hair is so hard to comb and there's a bit of breakage (aargh!), I have 4 months worth of thick, 4b growth. I need to soften it for my relaxer on saturday though, because I don't want to end up with underprocessed hair. I'm never doing micros again!

sithembile said:
I have also just removed twisted micros, using Better braids unbraid spray. i didn't have too many tangles but my hair is so hard to comb and there's a bit of breakage (aargh!), I have 4 months worth of thick, 4b growth. I need to soften it for my relaxer on saturday though, because I don't want to end up with underprocessed hair. I'm never doing micros again!

Try that Maxiglide if you have it available it works wonders!!!!!!!!! I don't think I will get them for a long time. My bf (Boyfriend) told me never to get them again b/c he will not help if I get them again!!!!!

I always wanted micros but never got them because of that reason...your hair looks great tho...very thick and full...

how long are you stretching for!!?

I haven't had a perm in 19 weeks and it is horrible I will probably get my perm tomorrow I cannot take it. I wrkout in the ornings so the hard work I put inlast night reverted because I sweat!!!!!!!!

sithembile said:

I put some Surge Woojee Cream on my new growth today it soften my hair

Back