Touch Up After 10 Weeks...

DatJerseyDyme

First of all, thank you ladies for all of your kindness and invaluable advice, my hair just looks and feels better than ever before!

Okay well I used the Soft and Beautiful Botanicals...and I basically just did the relaxer, didn't do anything too special..I just followed the instructions (well actually my mom did) but after the neutralizing shampoo, and before the leave-in, I conditioned with Nexxus Humectress under a heating cap for about 45 minutes, and then I rinsed it..applied the leave in, and then roller set my hair. In order to make sure it was wet, I sprayed each section with a mixture of IC Fantasia Leave-in (it balances the PH of the hair), S&B Botanicals hair oil, and mostly water. I rolled my hair on 1-inch magnetic rollers and then sat under the dryer. When I was sleepy (it was almost 11 at might) my hair wasn't dry so I just got in the bed so the rest would air dry..um..I didn't get much sleep last night!

The moral of the story?

* Alecia will NEVER go past 8 weeks without a relaxer..I used the WHOLE THING on my newgrowth only..I had 2 inches in most places.
* Alecia will NEVER skip the protein conditioner in the week before she washes...I didn't plan to get a relaxer, but I had TOO much breakage during my last wash.
* That relaxer made my hair HARD..I don't know what it was.
* I lost A LOT OF HAIR..I've never lost this much hair...I finger combed my hair and it was coming out in knots..it was AWFUL...so whenever I take this wrap down, I'll measure my hair, and put it in a bun and just LEAVE it until next week when I can do the protein treatment.

Well, that's my story!

Kitkat

Alecia, sorry to hear that you had breakage. Is Soft and Beautiful lye or no lye? Was your hair tangled before your did your touch up? Good luck in getting your hair back up to speed, and please let us know how it goes.

DatJerseyDyme

The soft & beautiful was no lye..Thank you for your comments and concerns! I it was a lot of breakage! But I am still IN LOVE WITH MY HAIR!!! I'm soo proud! I did a great doobie wrap for the first time by myself!

The next time I decide that I want to get a relaxer, I will DEFINATELY stop what I am doing and wash my hair and use a protein conditioner...even if it IS only condition only wash!

This is the first time that I've EVER LOVED my hair...I was getting a little dissapoionted bcause I couldn't really SEE any improvement in my hair (you know because of the air drying, and protective styles)..but now I know that it all pays off!!! Right now I'm not concerned about how long it is (even though it is getting longer), I'm more concerned with how healthy it is..I AM LOVING THIS!

NEW PICS (the first is the first pic I had after the big chop in October, the second and third were taken in April):
http://photos.yahoo.com/datjerseydyme

Armyqt

Hey Alecia, it is quite possible that the Fantasia leave-in contributed to the hardness you experienced. While it's great for sealing the cuticles and strengthening the hair (I have it too), it must be used very sparingly becuase it does have the tendency to dry the hair or make it hard. Next time, I would add a little jojoba oil to the mixture to counteract the potential dryness.

BTW, I saw your pics and you are a beautiful young lady

DatJerseyDyme

Thank you very much for the compliment!!! My hair was hard BEFORE I used the fantasia..and you are right..I've started to only use it after my relaxer because I find infusium to be better for my hair. I'm thinking that my hair may have been hard because of the leave in that came with the relaxer. It's not hard anymore or anything...infact, it's never been so soft!!! Thanks again!

Peachtree

Hi Alecia
I can definitely see where your hair has grown from "the big chop" til the April pic. It looks nice & healthy

Keep up the good work