Touch-up after stretching

Lusa

For those ladies that are able to stretch for six months or longer, what preparatory steps do you take before a touch up? Here’s why I ask:

My last stretch last for 10 months, and about five days before I went in for my touch up, I deep conditioned my hair, and wrapped it. I massaged some WGO onto my scalp, and applied some jojoba oil to my ends. I did not flat iron or blow-dry it because I did not want it the new growth to be “perm” looking – for lack of a better word.

Now please note that I have really thick hair that it’s virtually impossible to even put a finger through after such a long stretch. So, when I went to the salon and my stylist was parting my hair into sections, my head was on fire. It was like having my hair ripped out from the roots. I know she was being gentle because she saw how much growth was in there, but it was unavoidable.

What should I do when my next stretch comes to an end? Should I just go ahead and straighten my hair with a flat iron? And if so, will she able to prevent over lapping of the relaxer by telling where the new growth starts/ends?

Ta.

lonei

I always use a water based product on the same morning to soften the roots like NTM Silk Touch or ORS Olive oil lotion. It makes parting so much easier. If you use it the night before, it probably wont remain that soft.

sereia

After my 18 months stretch I lightly straightened and thoroughly detangled my hair about 2 or 3 day bf the touch up. You could still tell the difference and I had no problems.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Ouch!! I stretch that long too and have thick hair so I feel your pain. What I started doing is putting them in 12 plaits after I detangle mu own hair. The morning of my relaxer I remove them. That way your NG is already properly seperated and easier for the stylist to get through. It helps me a lot. :)

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690