Tracee Ellis Ross Hair How- to!!!

I found this article on Tracee Ellis Ross' hair. She explains what products she uses, some of her hair secrets and what not. I found it quite interesting even though most of the methods she uses; most of us have found on this board. But nevertheless I thought I would share this...

Happy Hair Growing :) ARTICLE LINK BELOW <333

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip000220.htm

HighlyFavored1

nice article-- it was thorough and its inspiring to see that even the stars with great hair are putting in the work that it takes to grow and maintain healthy hair. its not just magic!

her hair is always so gorgeous and now we see how well she takes care of it!

AtlantaJJ

I'm not using heat until December on my newly natural hair but in the meantime I plan on totally investing on top notch ceraminc heat products

From the article:
<< When she uses heat on her hair she uses Kerastase conditioning products and blow dries with a blow dryer that is a combo of ceramic and ionic. She also uses curling irons that have the same ceramic and ionic combination which does not damage her hair or ruin her natural curl pattern.>>

ETA:
From the article:
<<When she wants her best hair, she uses a Denman D-4 rubber brush. She separate her hair into six sections in order to brush it out, starting at the bottom to prevent breakage. She does this in the shower. She mixes Aveda Cherry Almond Bark with Deep Penetrating and then shakes her hair so the curls can find each other.>>

I think there is a thread about this entire curl pattern definition method on this board... Me thinks she's been reading :scratchch:

Last edited:
C

cieramichele

I'm not using heat until December on my newly natural hair but in the meantime I plan on totally investing on top notch ceraminc heat products

From the article:
<< When she uses heat on her hair she uses Kerastase conditioning products and blow dries with a blow dryer that is a combo of ceramic and ionic. She also uses curling irons that have the same ceramic and ionic combination which does not damage her hair or ruin her natural curl pattern.>>

ETA:
From the article:
<<When she wants her best hair, she uses a Denman D-4 rubber brush. She separate her hair into six sections in order to brush it out, starting at the bottom to prevent breakage. She does this in the shower. She mixes Aveda Cherry Almond Bark with Deep Penetrating and then shakes her hair so the curls can find each other.>>

I think there is a thread about this entire curl pattern definition method on this board... Me thinks she's been reading :scratchch:

I was thinking the same thing. HEY TRACEE!

Ericka

I always wanted to try Aveda products especially with some many people raving about the whole line. Soon as I get some extra money, Aveda here I come.

lilsparkle825

From the article:

ETA:
From the article:

for real...y'all cant tell me she doesn't come on here!!!
I read this before but I enjoyed reading it again.
I can never get enough of her hair... it's fab.
i knew it! i was waiting for you to say something, miss tracee jr. LOL

Missi

nice article-- it was thorough and its inspiring to see that even the stars with great hair are putting in the work that it takes to grow and maintain healthy hair. its not just magic!

her hair is always so gorgeous and now we see how well she takes care of it!

DIDDOOOO: thanks for the post: I've always wanted to know her hair products: I have this video and she talks about her hair but she doesn't say what products she uses.

facets

Steam is another of her secrets. She reported she goes to a Korean day spa and filles her hair up with Goldwell Kerasilk Conditioner. She goes into the steam room. If she can't get to the steam room, she uses a heat cap. Tracee told Black Hair "with Kerasilk, your hair will not curl up. My hair gets so soft that it doesn't curl up, so I have to use another conditioner.
Mmmm..that sounds awesome ...for skin and hair.

BillsBackerz67

:yep:She also uses ORS Hair Mayo too. I read that in an SBH article a few years back.

She put me on to the denman a when I first read that article

BrooklynSouth

Betcha lots of "known" folks are members here but they are wise enough to stay :sekret:undercover{that way they can still get a quick freebie do and give credit to the stylists}!