Tracy! Talk to me about Sebastian Color Shines

You've got me interested now in this lol!!!

This is my first post on the changed board and its good to log in again. Anyway, I have fine relaxed hair as you know. I coloured it once years ago and it dried out (I didn't know how to look after it and it was a salon job). But these Color Shines sound safe. Are they? I deep condition weekly to keep my hair in good condition. I do have a natural sandy brown highlight running through my hair which gets stronger in hot sun which I do like alot but how can I enhance that? Also I like the sound of the Clear one that just adds shine?

I'd love for you to do my hair girl I'm scared but want to try /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

xxx

Tracy

Hey BRH! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

If there was ever any bandwagon I would say it's imperative to jump on, it's this one! LOL!

Colorshines are completely and totally safe. None of the negatives that would be associated with permanent color should be associated with this color. It has no ammonia AND no peroxide - so it's really only staining the cuticle of the hair - which means no ravaging or lifting of the outer protective layer of the hair whatsoever. What it does do because it has a low PH and contains some silicone derivative in it I am SURE - is give an unbelievable shine and protect the ends from splitting and breaking. In many of the Dominican Salons I go to they are used after a protein conditioner as a post relaxer conditioner of sorts, to seal the cuticle after the chemical treatment. You don't have to use them right after a relaxer (although they penetrate better and therefore last longer when you do) but whenever you use them they are completely safe and can even be considered like a long term conditioner.

That highlight would look gorgeous with glorious gold or honey wheat. You'd get the shine on the unhighlighted hair, and a nice punch to the hair that is lighter.

Don't be a stranger- I missed you girl ! /images/graemlins/grin.gif You are not allowed to be away for so long! Where will I get my fine hair commiseration from??? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Okay that's it now I'm convinced I have to try this. Its funny but I was looking at the Honey Wheat but wasn't sure if it was too pale. I want to go up to nice honey colour, not Lil Kim lol!!!!

Maybe I'll ask my hairdresser if she'd put it in my hair. I relaxed though about 3 weeks or so ago now.

Actually if I give you my email addy can you contact me re.something?

I'll wait for your reply first /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

G

Hmmm....

So, can this hair color actually take your natural color higher, because I thought that only chemicals can take you from like black to light brown or something like that? I wear a reddish, brownish color by Clairols right now, and I don't like getting my hair lifted in order to achieve this color, considering that I already wear a relaxer.

Sounds really good, and Sebastian is popular, too.

Tracy

BRH: [email protected] email me anytime honey bunny /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karonica: this color can't take your hair lighter on it's own. Brownrelaxedhair has highlights so if she uses a gold it will show up on her. it gives great shine even on dark hair tho. You can use the clear just for shine or a darker color to either deepen your natural color or enhance it with a tint - in a reddish or burgundy shade.

Tracy

Nyambura: PLEASE TELL ME HOW IT GOES! Don't forget to use heat (do a half hour if you can - it penetrates better) and leave it to cool before you rinse for about 10 minutes. You'll be blingin' in no time m'ija. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kia: Get up in it girl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck people!