Tracy!!! weeeeeeell?.. Full reviews on Kerastase?

I'm waiting girl to hear you view in DETAIL on the serum at LEAST lol!! How does it compare to IC Fantasia Polisher? consistancy? overall feel in hair when wet/dry? you get the picture /images/graemlins/grin.gif Also have you tried that 'slip' shampoo?

p.s. I'm so glad you love the L'anza P Plus Poo as much as me now

vevster

I am waiting for BrownRelaxedhairs review on the Domincan Salon she visited today /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hey Vev,

Well. It was okay. I had the wash and set. They used Nexxus Ensure to deep condition and put the Salerm 21 I had with me for a leave in. I wouldn't go back to that place. It was good but not good enough. I watched them doing rollar sets whilst I was under the dryer and they're great with the rollars but found them a tad too strong armed with the blow drying of others. I've been to only one other Dominican salon before which was more 'gentle' overall but still worked fast. Total cost here was $24. I paid 22 for using their own conditioner plus an extra 2 for the hair pins used to secure my head wrap when I left. (didn't subject my hair to the high voltage hairdryer they were wielding on everyone). So not that cheap.

I'll keep going though. I'll try another salon next week /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ps. I found the area I was in a bit unsafe too.

vevster

Sorry to hear that. I find it interesting that they used Nexxus instead of those great Dominican products. I heard they even have a GARLIC conditioner that is supposed to be excellent.

Keep on Tryin'

Ciao

Don't worry, I'll keep looking. I'm also going to check around by me on the main streets. My b/f stunned me by suggesting he'll take me for 'drive by' on the main high streets where we live to see if I see something resembling what I'm after. I do get the feeling that there has to be ONE somewhere around by me as there are a few salons around. Just need to see if they're Dominican!! Hmm, what do I use as a tell tale sign to look for? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Anyway the salon search continues.

Never heard about a garlic conditioner thing. I liked the feel of Ensure in my hair when they used it. I'm going to see how my hair looks when let down tommorrow morning.

vevster

Well, when you do your drive by you have to walk in and if you see Domincans you have hit the jackpot!

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Tracy

Here I am! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I absolutely LOVE the Kerastase Serum. I have strange reasons though....so bear with me.

I use serums primarily to keep my hair looking and feeling smooth and to give a lot of protection from the elements (especially now with all this wind whipping around /images/graemlins/grin.gif). I have found many serums I like because they aren't heavy going on initially - but about 2 days post wash my hair usually lacks the same bounce. It's not coated - don't get me wrong - but definitely heavier. You know?

With the Kertastase, I washed my hair Tuesday and used it Wednesday, and my hair would still look very freshly washed if I didn't have some separation at the scalp on account of the fact that my scalp is oily. So it keeps my hair very silky and smooth all day long without the weight. That's why I love it so much. The only serum i say is comparable is Aveda's serum. The Kerastase is really really light. I know you like heavier ones - so I'm not sure you'd like it. Noit as much shine as I expected (the Maquinitense was great for that) but perhaps with the Oleo Relax shampoo and conditioner I'll get that and the Serum will just be the icing on the cake.