Transgender Activists Force Menstrual Products Brand Always To Remove ‘woman’ Symbol From Packaging

Leeda.the.Paladin

Transgender Activists Force Menstrual Products Brand Always To Remove ‘Woman’ Symbol From Packaging
By Emily Zanotti
DailyWire.com

Facebook
Twitter
Mail

Always, a brand of menstrual products, has been forced to scrub the “woman” symbol off their packaging in response to a coordinated effort by transgender activists to punish the brand for “discrimination” against trangender individuals.

Procter & Gamble-owned brand caved to a boycott campaign that began when transgender activists noticed that Always placed the “Venus” symbol — a circle with a plus sign or cross beneath it, universally recognized as the sign for the female gender — on the wrappers of some of its sanitary products.

A trans activist using the pseudonym ‘Melly Boom’ had tweeted in July asking Always why it was ‘imperative’ to have the sign on their sanitary products,” according to the Daily Mail. “The tweet said: ‘There are non-binary and trans folks who still need to use your products too you know!’”

Ostensibly, ‘Melly Boom’ is referring to female to male transgender individuals who may identify as a different gender but who do not undergo surgical or medical transition, which would make them theoretically “male” but with a female reproductive system and monthly periods. Some social media users also claim that trangender females can have “period-like” symptoms once a month.

LuvlyRain3

What?

They don’t have periods so why does this matter to them enough to protest?
Are they upset that they don’t have a menstrual cycle?
Did always say that their products are only for women who have cycles (which, duh) as a way to specifically exclude them from the brand?
Are they now planning to purchase pads they’ll never need simply because they no long have this symbol?
They are clearly not the target audience so wth do they care?

Just, What????

Last edited:

NijaG

“Melly Boom”is the activist who started this boycott.

Supposedly for the FTM trans population.
Ok.... I generally use the Walmart version of Always.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I used to support this group in terms of basic human/civil rights, but their agenda does seem to want to wipe out the existence of all hetero people.

They are very aggressive/forceful in changing vocabulary, changing definitions of terms that don't even have to do with them really, and ignoring the rights of others to the point that I am no longer sympathetic to their cause. At all. And the fact they have gotten this far... Since it is likely white priveleged males driving this agenda, I guess we should not be surprised.

I was honestly already leery when they started comparing their issues to racial minorities.

But if you watch The Hunger Games, you will see their end goal, a society in which you cannot guess or determine anyone's gender (among the elite, rich, powerful) and everyone looks like drag.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Give them the cramps, bloating, and back pain that comes with it. Bet they wont care about that symbol so much then

From what I read/understood upthread, this move is being led by women transitioning to be men and women who want to be men but don't want to remove their reproductive system so they can still give birth while looking like men more or less so they essentially don't want reminders on packages that they are biologically women,you know because having a period is enough of a reminder...:look:

Miss_Luna

I'm confused. Men buy pads for their spouse all of the time. If it's FtM transition, they can still act masculine when they buy pads. It's not like only cis-women buy menstrual products. This is so dumb.

What will they do when they have to mask the awkward plastic unwrapping in a men's bathroom stall?

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Exactly! And this is why I think this is more about their obsessive need to redefine and or remove the so called cisgendered population. This stems from a very Eurocentric mindset.

I'm confused. Men buy pads for their spouse all of the time. If it's FtM transition, they can still act masculine when they buy pads. It's not like only cis-women buy menstrual products. This is so dumb.

What will they do when they have to mask the awkward plastic unwrapping in a men's bathroom stall?

LdyKamz

I won't say whether or not I agree with this but instead I'll ask, what will be the identifiers of being female? For so long there have been biological occurrences that clearly identified a female (menstrual cycle, childbirth, breasts, etc). Now that "not only women have those things" what are the identifiers of each gender. This is a gender thing not a sex thing right? I understand how sex is defined and that is seemingly never going to change (barring sex changes) because that's the biological part. This push to define gender by different qualities is where I find myself scratching my head. What are they?

Farida

I won't say whether or not I agree with this but instead I'll ask, what will be the identifiers of being female? For so long there have been biological occurrences that clearly identified a female (menstrual cycle, childbirth, breasts, etc). Now that "not only women have those things" what are the identifiers of each gender. This is a gender thing not a sex thing right? I understand how sex is defined and that is seemingly never going to change (barring sex changes) because that's the biological part. This push to define gender by different qualities is where I find myself scratching my head. What are they?

A dear friend of mine died at 84 and she would tell me all the time she was happy she was on her way out because the world made no sense to her anymore. If I live that long I wonder how things will look...because I am already confused...

Ms. Tarabotti

Has science successfully found a way for men to have periods?

Nature decided a long time ago that only females have periods no matter what gender or not an individual feels like at any given moment. And if you don't like the logo on the Always package, there are plenty of other sanitary products you can choose from.

Tolerance and acceptance work both ways.

If transgenders want to be accepted and tolerated, they should do the same and accept female identifiers. You can't take menstruation out of femalehood. Sorry, but just because their sex change doesn't allow it doesn't mean it should be stripped from what we are. Next, they'll be asking for pregnancies to be unisex or some ish

Last edited:

LdyKamz

Tolerance and acceptance work both ways.

If transgenders want to be accepted and tolerated, they should do the same and accept female identifiers. You can't take mentration out of femalehood. Sorry, but just because their sex change doesn't allow it doesn't mean it should be stripped from what we are. Next, they'll be asking for pregnancies to be unisex or some ish
Yeah they already did this. Something about not calling pregnant women, "pregnant women" or "expectant mothers" because not only women give birth. I can't remember what the trans approved descriptor is but I read about it here. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Eta: Found it. https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...her-woman-youre-a-pregnant-individual.770761/
Jeez this was 4 years ago. A little piece form the article.

What's the problem, you may wonder? Aren't women the only ones who give birth? Usually, but not always. What MANA did was make the language in its central documents inclusive of all people who give birth, including genderqueer people who may not identify as women, as well as trans men.

blessedandfavoured

^^^ The active resistance tends to lean towards hateful i.e. the far right. There are no reasonable groups out there pushing back on this out loud.

Even if there were, they would immediately be branded 'hateful', 'intolerant' and '-phobic'. Black women are being called transphobic because we don't want to entertain men who have had relationships with transgendered people. We're literally being called hateful because we're trying to make right decisions for OUR OWN BODIES. The public representatives of this movement have no interest in tolerance or acceptance. It looks like their ultimate aim is domination. They are more bigoted than the people they claim to be oppressed by.

So they want to remove the word 'woman' from the dictionary?

Haven't you heard? We're womxn now :rolleyes:.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Yeah they already did this. Something about not calling pregnant women, "pregnant women" or "expectant mothers" because not only women give birth. I can't remember what the trans approved descriptor is but I read about it here. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Eta: Found it. https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...her-woman-youre-a-pregnant-individual.770761/
Jeez this was 4 years ago. A little piece form the article.
dont forget that they asked that medical professionals also use the term chest feeding instead of breastfeeding,

LivingInPeace

dont forget that they asked that medical professionals also use the term chest feeding instead of breastfeeding,
This is what bothers me; you tell me that sex and gender are not the same but you want me to pretend that biology isn’t a thing.
If you are a biological female who wants to live as if she’s a man, fine. But don’t try to tell me that your breasts and uterus are male.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Even if there were, they would immediately be branded 'hateful', 'intolerant' and '-phobic'. Black women are being called transphobic because we don't want to entertain men who have had relationships with transgendered people. We're literally being called hateful because we're trying to make right decisions for OUR OWN BODIES. The public representatives of this movement have no interest in tolerance or acceptance. It looks like their ultimate aim is domination. They are more bigoted than the people they claim to be oppressed by.

Haven't you heard? We're womxn now :rolleyes:.

why are we included in this mess

see part of the definition below:

The term Womxn is an alternative term for the English language word women which has been regularly in use since 2015 to explicitly include transgender women and women of color.[1] It has been used in a similar manner as womyn and wimmin, as a rejection of the folk etymology of 'woman' allegedly being 'of man'.[2] Due to transgender women and women of colour's perceived exclusion from the usage of these respellings, an "x" is used to "broaden the scope of womanhood," to include them.[3]

"While hard to pronounce, “womxn” is perhaps the most inclusive word yet using an “x” to tinker with the word’s literal approach to gender in a similar way as “Latinx,” which has become an ungendered alternative to words like “Latino” and “Latina.”[4] 'Womxn' explicitly includes femme/feminine-identifying genderqueer and non-binary individuals.[5]