Transition to Texturizer??

douglala

Has anyone successfully transitioned from a relaxer to a texturizer. I would like to get this done but have not found a stylist who will do this for me. They all say that I would have to cut all of my hair off and basically start new. But I was thinking that I could kind of phase it in and leave the relaxer on for less and less time each time I relaxed. Is this possible? Any success stories out there?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Your plan sounds Ok, but if your hair is relaxed bone straight now, you could have problems with the difference in textures. Also, this will depend on how curly you want your hair to be and how you plan to wear it.

Cutting off the previously relaxed hair would probably be the easiest way to do it, but I don't think it is necessary if your hair is healthy and you plan to stick with the same type of procedure/product in texturizing. If you can't wear your hair curly now, you won't be able to do it after texturizing because only the new growth would be affected.

One more thing, your 4b hair could end up frizzy after your texturizer.

douglala

If I transition I know I wont be able to wear my hair curly after the first texturizer. Each time I got a texturizer done I would cut off some of the relaxed hair till eventually I would have only texturized hair on my head. This may take a year plus to achieve. But I am willing to try it if it can be done.

Karonica

Douglala, be careful with the two different textures that you may have as a result from the transition. Breakage was a major problem for me when half my hair was straight and the other half was still curly/wavy, due to underprocessing. Just remember to take your time, particularly when combing.

Karonica