Transitioners What Moisturizers Do You Use?

juicy555

I am 10 months post and this time (last time I made it to 7 months) I think I'll keep going and finally transition :yep: . The problem I have is how to successfully moisturize both textures and keep hair moist, shiny, and tame without being greasy. For years I used Neutrogena silk touch leave in on my dry hair, but it's no longer working for me now that I have so much new growth. Don't want oily products to weigh my relaxed hair down, but that new growth jungle needs A LOT of moisture.:wallbash:

What can I get tomorrow that fits the description? Thanks in advance.

Nonie

Not transitioning but if you do a search for S Curl, you'll see a lot of people find that it helps them with their new growth. I believe they also baggy. If I were transitioning, I wouldn't need any persuasion to try it. I've seen the wonders it does to my 4B hair. I hate oily, greasy hair--which might explain why I use nothing when I'm wearing braids and therefore have my hair touching my neck and face--but I have no problems with S Curl at all. It's not greasy, it's not juice-dripping as in jheri curl days' look, yet my hair never feels dry but stays moist. I believe you do have to baggy nightly to enjoy these benefits. I'll leave it to transitioners that use S Curl to chime in on exactly how they use it. If they don't, please do a search for threads on S Curl and ask somebody. I think S Curl is underrated when it's truly a miracle worker. Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 is similar and a good alternative if you can't stand the smell of S Curl.

Quty_Bug

I've found that coconut oil and Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme (Darcys Botanicals) work well for me, but I'm still searching for that perfect product.

I may give that S-Curl a try - thanks Nonie...

pookaloo83

Herbal Esscence LTR. Then I seal with castor oil. I'm on the lookout for a moisturizer too. I used to use S-curl and it made my hair so soft. I'm going to have to go back to that.

juicy555

I would never have thought of S Curl cuz yes it does make me think of the dripping jerri curls of the new jack swing days...:lachen:. But I'm going to try that out, thanks Nonie.

Anybody have anything else that they swear by? With all the products out there there's got to be more. I have seen a couple of posts about Darby botanicals. Anyone have success with transitioning with it?

Ese88

:congrats:congrats on your decision to transition
i use qhemet biologics burdock root butter cream

NIN4eva

In my experience I just don't think it's possible to really truly keep your NG moist without having more limp relaxed length. And the S curl.... yuck. The texture of that stuff is just gross on my relaxed hair. It makes my hair dull and stiff. Lately, I've been making my own leave-in using 1 part hydrating conditioner to 3 parts water in a spray bottle, then sealing with coconut oil and evoo. It keeps my NG super soft and shiny but I do have to put my relaxed length in a bun because it's limp. But I'm retaining though. I haven't seen breakage in months.

ceebee3

I use Paul Mitchell the Conditioner, it's extremely moisturizing on my hair. I only use it on wash days though.

During the week I'll use HE Long Term relationship, John Frieda Spray or Herbal Essence Hydralicious mixed with water.

They all work great.

changingSeasons

I agree with Nonie. S Curl is great for my transitioning hair. I am only 16 weeks post though, but before using this my new growth felt really dry and crinkly < lol is that a word? I also like S Curl because of the spray nozzle, that way I dont necessarily need to part to moisturize.

I also want to save up and try Qhemet Burdock Root. Other than that I havent found any other really good moisturizers for transitioning hair.

Imani

Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
I'm also adding Qhemet Coco Detangling Ghee to the rotation

If I feel like my hair needs something watery, I spray some leave in conditioner on it, been using Phytospecific Optimal hydration mist just bc its what I have laying around.