Transitioning and need to stock up...what products do you recommend?

trynagrow

I'm currently transitioning but going to be abroad for the next 6-12 months. What products and tools do you recommend I stock up on and take with me overseas? Specifically, moisture-based conditioners, styling products, leave ins, etc.

And, what are some good sites for buying hair products online? Thanks!

Platinum

How do you plan to wear your hair while you're overseas?

I like to Cowash with Suave Humectant Conditioner, I clarify with a baking soda and water solution, and DC with LeKair Shea Butter and Mango cholesterol conditioner. Also you may want to consider getting a chelating shampoo to help remove mineral deposits from left by hard water (Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo is pretty good). All of these products are inexpensive but good.

If you decide to wear braids, Infusium 23 and Braid Spray are helpful. (I also like using Curl moisturizer sprays when I'm wearing braids). Hope this helps.

sharifeh

Kinky curly knot today has been treating my transitioning sister well as a leave-in/detangler

oils; like coconut etc....

cheapie co wash conditioners that work for you....

loolalooh

V05 conditioners for co-washing.

Lustrasilk and EVOO for detangling.

Shea butter and coconut oil for moisturizing/sealing.

Wide tooth bone comb for detangling.

Bobby pins, maybe flexi rods.

African Royale Braid Spray for extra moisture (especially if you wear braids).

Phony pony or puff for those rough days.

Ballerina_Bun

I'm currently transitioning but going to be abroad for the next 6-12 months. What products and tools do you recommend I stock up on and take with me overseas? Specifically, moisture-based conditioners, styling products, leave ins, etc.

And, what are some good sites for buying hair products online? Thanks!

Depends on which country you are going to. I wouldn’t take too much if you can get good stuff there. However, I would consider taking VO5 if I were you. Anything that helps you to get that comb/denman through your hair …TAKE IT! If there are some special oils and butters that you use …TAKE IT!

Denman
Flat Iron (if you flatiron your roots)
VO5
Oils & Butters
… etc

BTW … check the baggage fees with the airline that you are traveling with. My excess baggage fees cost almost as much as my ticket. So, if you can, mail the products to where you are staying, if that’s possible. If you do that, make sure you write on the customs form “PERSONAL BELONGINGS.” When(if) you mail it ahead of time …. If you have to send it to someone else, make sure under their name you put C/O “Your Name.”

chebaby

i would take

shea butter
evoo
vo5/suave conditioner
aussie moist conditioner
black soap to shampoo
oyin honey hemp conditioner
giovanni direct leave in and kinky curly knot today as a leave in