Transitioning in 2022?!

Prettyeyes

Hello Ladies,

I am transitioning this year! Anyone else? We could help support one another! Who’s in? I am 5 weeks post relaxer and my goal for 2022 is to reach APL 100% natural. I plan to wear braids and sew-ins and cut off relaxed hair in between styles. How many weeks post relaxer are you?What is your plan and current length?

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Every winter i think about it, if I'm relaxed :lachen: If I do transition, i plan on wearing headband wigs, and head wraps in the winter and cornrows and plaits in the summer. I would love to do a super long term transition (2-3 years) but I don't think my patience would hold out that long. And I'm flaky lmao I think I may be shoulder length, but I haven't straightened my hair since October when I got my hair dyed (which was a bad idea lol) and I'm scared to go get it straightened. It's been really dry and I've had a fair bit of breakage as well. I also really want to go comb free for a bit, but with two different textures and trying to figure out a style that will let me wash and deep condition, I won't get sick of too fast, while not taking forever for me to do ( I have a good hour MY time lol) and allow me to look somewhat presentable. Right now I'm in a bunch of ponytails with no discernable parts. I have access to my scalp and my hair is semi stretched. I just worry about looking lumpy underneath my wigs :lol:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I am growing out my ends from a botox treatment but since the ends are not significantly different from my roots I don't consider myself transitioning although my ends are weaker than my natural hair.

How many months post are you? I hope you find some more support but it seems these days everyone is natural LOL

Prettyeyes

Every winter i think about it, if I'm relaxed :lachen: If I do transition, i plan on wearing headband wigs, and head wraps in the winter and cornrows and plaits in the summer. I would love to do a super long term transition (2-3 years) but I don't think my patience would hold out that long. And I'm flaky lmao I think I may be shoulder length, but I haven't straightened my hair since October when I got my hair dyed (which was a bad idea lol) and I'm scared to go get it straightened. It's been really dry and I've had a fair bit of breakage as well. I also really want to go comb free for a bit, but with two different textures and trying to figure out a style that will let me wash and deep condition, I won't get sick of too fast, while not taking forever for me to do ( I have a good hour MY time lol) and allow me to look somewhat presentable. Right now I'm in a bunch of ponytails with no discernable parts. I have access to my scalp and my hair is semi stretched. I just worry about looking lumpy underneath my wigs :lol:

Prettyeyes

I am currently APL. I just relaxed a month or so ago about 5 weeks. I have to start from scratch. I was natural for four years and then got a relaxer.Biggest mistake! How many weeks post are you?

Prettyeyes

I am growing out my ends from a botox treatment but since the ends are not significantly different from my roots I don't consider myself transitioning although my ends are weaker than my natural hair.

How many months post are you? I hope you find some more support but it seems these days everyone is natural LOL

VinDieselsWifey

I am growing out an amino acid treatment because my hair is not fully reverting back to it’s natural texture. I am 8 months post. My natural texture is 3c/4a/4b. My hair now is around 3a in some areas and slightly wavy in others. I plan to wear braids under wigs and transition for 2-3 years. My hair length now is about mid-back length.
I believe I had moisture overload before I did the treatment. I had started cowashing more to try to help with my hair being so tangled. Some parts of my hair like to almost mat up from tangles. My hair texture starting loosening and I thought it was because of being more moisturized. Then I did the treatment. Either way, my hair hasn’t reverted completely. And the treatment debulks my hair so it looks thin. My natural hair is very dense.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I am growing out an amino acid treatment because my hair is not fully reverting back to it’s natural texture. I am 8 months post. My natural texture is 3c/4a/4b. My hair now is around 3a in some areas and slightly wavy in others. I plan to wear braids under wigs and transition for 2-3 years. My hair length now is about mid-back length.
I believe I had moisture overload before I did the treatment. I had started cowashing more to try to help with my hair being so tangled. Some parts of my hair like to almost mat up from tangles. My hair texture starting loosening and I thought it was because of being more moisturized. Then I did the treatment. Either way, my hair hasn’t reverted completely. And the treatment debulks my hair so it looks thin. My natural hair is very dense.
What treatment did you do?

VinDieselsWifey

What treatment did you do?
Avlon Texture Release. I still think the treatment is a great product. I did it once before and my hair reverted back and I also used it on my cousin’s hair and her hair reverted back. I just think my hair had moisture overload and was weak this time before the treatment and that’s what’s causing it not to revert. I had let a year past between treatments to make sure it was worn off before doing another one.

Prettyeyes

I understand. My hair now is thin because of the relaxer. Good transitioning plan. I hope to do mine in one year.

Prettyeyes

Avlon Texture Release. I still think the treatment is a great product. I did it once before and my hair reverted back and I also used it on my cousin’s hair and her hair reverted back. I just think my hair had moisture overload and was weak this time before the treatment and that’s what’s causing it not to revert. I had let a year past between treatments to make sure it was worn off before doing another one.
So it is a texturize? Sorry not familiar with this treatment.