Transitioning/long Term Stretching Support 2018

ladybevy

In February I will be 8 months post. After the 3 month mark I was getting frustrated and was ready to relaxed my hair again(I had usually relax every 3 months). But after 5 months post it has become easier to handle. I don't know yet how long I will transition for.

When I first decided to transition to natural I cut my hair from APL to about SL. It needed to be cut. Thankfully it has grown back to almost APL( I will know tomorrow as I will go to my stylist for a wash and she will straighten my hair).

My mom just today commented that my hair looks longer and thicker. I have been incorporating Ayurvedic stuff, rice water rinses and just recently using shea butter as a sealant. I usually wash every week. Always DC with heat. Lately been air drying with my hair in plaits. I try to keep things as simple as possible.

BlessedXs2

I'm transitioning... I'm in month 15. My plan was to cut the rest of my relaxer off in September 2017. My stylist asked me to wait until Jan 2018 and when I went to see him last week I wasn't comfortable with the length if we cut it. I need at least a small ponytail to keep me sane and for working out. I have no real regimen, I just try to "listen" to my hair and give it what it needs. I'm going to start wearing twist outs again, I've been manipulating my hair too much.
We’re in about the same place. I’m holding out for a ponytail too but I’m almost there I can feel the natural hair peeking through. Now that I’m almost there I’m now wondering if I’ll be able to retain if I cut the relaxed hair. You hear so much about single strand knots and what not just gives me more pause abut chopping since I’ve retained to well transitioning. It’s hard to take the plunge

BlessedXs2

Is anyone doing anything to speed up their growth? I’ve been slacking there. I have xcel 21 don’t use it and cp oil that I use but I don’t think helps with growth honestly. I want to take my vitamins again but can’t remember what I used to take years ago besides a regular hsn

Evolving78

Is anyone doing anything to speed up their growth? I’ve been slacking there. I have xcel 21 don’t use it and cp oil that I use but I don’t think helps with growth honestly. I want to take my vitamins again but can’t remember what I used to take years ago besides a regular hsn
I was using that for a hot minute, but it caused dryness. I finished vitafusion hsn gummies. I’m taking a multi Vit, iron, vit D, vit c, and beetroot when I can remember. I also drink a vegan protein shake a few times a week. I won’t say those are for growth. Like I need to take these! Lol

BlessedXs2

I was using that for a hot minute, but it caused dryness. I finished vitafusion hsn gummies. I’m taking a multi Vit, iron, vit D, vit c, and beetroot when I can remember. I also drink a vegan protein shake a few times a week. I won’t say those are for growth. Like I need to take these! Lol
Yea I started fish oil but that’s just because it’s good for you. I lab on ordering msm but that’s all I got. I guess that’s all I need lol

reallynow

I'm taking a HSN, regular Target brand, and I've been using the Curly Proverbs growth oil but not consistently. I need to get back on my collagen and green smoothies when I was consistent with those I saw growth. I'm thinking of getting braids next month to speed this thing up. LOL

This is my third transition and I can tell already my hair is different, not sure why -maybe age. I never really had an issue with retention while natural. I was a lazy natural too, just twist outs and puffs. I found quickly that less is more.

Evolving78

I am going to get some cornrows tomorrow. I SO look forward to not having to mess with my hair for about a month. Going to someone new to do my cornrows, but I will emphasize to her dearly please NOT TOO TIGHT on my edges.
Good luck! Keep us posted! Are you going for a simple style? I got a pack of braiding hair to practice on my mannequin.

BlessedXs2

Hey I’m out of box braids now. I just had to take them out so I could see any growth and I wanted to dc. Came out and had a great wash day. Hair was still moisturized. Did an overnight pre poo wth olive coconut and hemp see oil. My hair felt so nice and easily de tangled! Then I clarified and did the aphogee 2 step treatment. I whipped it like Chicoro said and I tell you it was next level stuff. Hands down best application I’ve ever done! Next I dc with tgin mask. Hair was soft and strong. Curls are popping!!! I go to apply leave ins and what not and bam I have a good deal of breakage. It’s all about an inch and a half long. I’ve been using xcel 21 the past couple of weeks so I told myself maybe it’s new hair? Nope my crown is broken pretty bad. I’ve never had this happen in a protective style before. All I do know is I probably won’t be doing box braids again unfortunately. Just more waiting game at this point.
Btw I’m 18 months post!

BlessedXs2

Long term transitioning so I might as well join you ladies in here. I am currently a day over 21 weeks post my last texlaxer and really don't know whether I would like to texlax again or not. So yeah.....I'm in.
Hey welcome! Have you been natural before? How long do you plan to transition? What’s your Reggie? Sorry for all the questions trying to get this thread going!

Evolving78

Hey I’m out of box braids now. I just had to take them out so I could see any growth and I wanted to dc. Came out and had a great wash day. Hair was still moisturized. Did an overnight pre poo wth olive coconut and hemp see oil. My hair felt so nice and easily de tangled! Then I clarified and did the aphogee 2 step treatment. I whipped it like Chicoro said and I tell you it was next level stuff. Hands down best application I’ve ever done! Next I dc with tgin mask. Hair was soft and strong. Curls are popping!!! I go to apply leave ins and what not and bam I have a good deal of breakage. It’s all about an inch and a half long. I’ve been using xcel 21 the past couple of weeks so I told myself maybe it’s new hair? Nope my crown is broken pretty bad. I’ve never had this happen in a protective style before. All I do know is I probably won’t be doing box braids again unfortunately. Just more waiting game at this point.
Btw I’m 18 months post!
Did you put the box braid in yourself? My crown was broken during the install of some cornrows.

Aggie

Hey welcome! Have you been natural before? How long do you plan to transition? What’s your Reggie? Sorry for all the questions trying to get this thread going!
Have you been natural before?
Yes for about a year then I texlaxed and I am still texlaxed.

How long do you plan to transition?
At least until all of the demi-permanent color is trimmed off. Taking this slowly so it could take a year to a year and a half at least. So far I'm just over 21 weeks in.

What’s your Reggie?
-Henna/indigo for color moving forward,
-Trimming once every 2 months,
-keeping my scalp and hair properly detoxed using clay or Nairobi detoxification shampoo,
-Deep conditioning once a week to every 2 weeks depending on how my schedule will allow me,
-Heavy moisturizing using heavy hair creams and sealing with raw African Shea Butter to avoid single strand knots.

If I change it up a bit, I will update as necessary.

Last edited:

xu93texas

I need a place to call home! :eek: Hopefully, I can hang out here with you ladies. Not sure what I'm going to do with my hair. I cut and relaxed my hair last month on a whim and I love it. However, my hair has several textures and I'm using way too much heat maintaining this hairstyle. Now, I want to do a long term stretch and see where I end up without doing another big chop. We'll see what happens. I'm so fickle with my hair.:bangdesk:

Bad&Bougee

Wasn't really looking forward to transitioning again but am definitely looking forward to natural hair. Am slowly but surely stocking up on moisturizing deep conditioners because my crown is already in Beast Mode!

Aggie

I am 37 weeks post (9 months and 1 week as of yesterday) I have 41 weeks more to go. I am trimming off the texlaxed/demi permanent damaged hair slowly. My membership here on the board will be up in February of 2020 and it may very well be my last renewal.

I am not too certain I will renew just yet but there are about 3 challenges that I'm in that I really want to get through to completion before I say bye-bye for sure - this one, Dave Ramsey Challenge and Budgeting and Savings for now.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I am 37 weeks post (9 months and 1 week as of yesterday) I have 41 weeks more to go. I am trimming off the texlaxed/demi permanent damaged hair slowly. My membership here on the board will be up in February of 2020 and it may very well be my last renewal.

I am not too certain I will renew just yet but there are about 3 challenges that I'm in that I really want to get through to completion before I say bye-bye for sure - this one, Dave Ramsey Challenge and Budgeting and Savings for now.
Don’t you leave me without saying goodbye:spank: