Transitioning Styles

praisedancer

Someone please help me. I'm transitioning and I don't want to use my flat iron too often, but I need a style that decent. And for some reason my NG always look drier than the rest of my hair :nono:. Any ideas on styles that I can do for my hair besides braid out or twist out that doesn't require direct heat. And how do I get my NG to not appear so dry.

vlucious

Someone please help me. I'm transitioning and I don't want to use my flat iron too often, but I need a style that decent. And for some reason my NG always look drier than the rest of my hair :nono:. Any ideas on styles that I can do for my hair besides braid out or twist out that doesn't require direct heat. And how do I get my NG to not appear so dry.

how about twist/braid outs? buns? maybe you could try to curl you hair with mini rollers or even flexirods? strawsets? you should try a search..

mstee eyes

I'm in the same boat as you.. I don't know how you like to wear your hair but Oil rinses have made my NG more manageable. Good Luck transitioning :grin:

Mook's hair

If you don't want to wear a braid out or twist out then perhaps it is time for some extensions or kinky twists. You could also try a flexi rod set

You are asking to exist in a strange unachievable dichotomy.

On one hand you don't want to use direct heat.
But on the other hand, you don't want to use the styles that will help you to avoid direct heat.

Somethings gotta give. How far into this transition are you and how long do you plan to transition?

I'm not a wig or sew-in user but those might work for you.

For the dryness, you might try glycerine. Do you cowash? How often do you wash your hair. You may want to make your shampoo use less frequent as it could be aiding the dryness. What do you use as a leave-in?

What is your hair type? 3 or 4?

I am a 4B and I am 13 months into my transition (no BC) Cornrows and braidouts are my transition style.

praisedancer

If you don't want to wear a braid out or twist out then perhaps it is time for some extensions or kinky twists. You could also try a flexi rod set

You are asking to exist in a strange unachievable dichotomy.

On one hand you don't want to use direct heat.
But on the other hand, you don't want to use the styles that will help you to avoid direct heat.

Somethings gotta give. How far into this transition are you and how long do you plan to transition?

I'm not a wig or sew-in user but those might work for you.

For the dryness, you might try glycerine. Do you cowash? How often do you wash your hair. You may want to make your shampoo use less frequent as it could be aiding the dryness. What do you use as a leave-in?

What is your hair type? 3 or 4?

I am a 4B and I am 13 months into my transition (no BC) Cornrows and braidouts are my transition style.

I want to try a flexi rod set but I live in Germany and hair stylists aren't readily acessible. I do cowash about twice a week. I wash my hair once a week. I use Infusium for my leave-in. Alot of the products that I want to try aren't sold out here and we're currently in the middle of moving so ordering online right now is out of the question. I'm 4 1/2 months into my transition, the front of my hair is 4a but throughout is 3c. My daughter has 3b hair and I'm having the hardest time with styling it b/c it's always so dry.