Tree Braids w/ feed-in cornrows

trecycat

Does anybody who has done (or had) tree braids know if you can start the cornrow using the feed-in method? Or will this not work for tree braids? I know a little more of the cornrow will be showing in the front, but other than that, do you think it will look OK?

Creatividual

What's the feed-in method? I probably know what you're talking about but just don't know the proper name.

Yeah, I wanna know too. I got tree braids a couple of times before and loved them. They used a latch hook kind of thing to pull the hair through along the cornrow. I had some of the cornrows showing in the front.

trecycat

With the feed-in method, the cornrow is started with your natural hair and then hair is added. It is sometimes called "no-knot" cornrows. This method is better for your edges b/c no extra hair is added at the beginning. But I don't know if they would work with tree braids. I'm planning to do my own braids within the next week or two.

nakialovesshoes

Yeah, I wanna know too. I got tree braids a couple of times before and loved them. They used a latch hook kind of thing to pull the hair through along the cornrow. I had some of the cornrows showing in the front.

My stylist didn't do it this way. The way she did it the hair that was sprouting out was actually braided into the cornrow.

With the feed-in method, the cornrow is started with your natural hair and then hair is added. It is sometimes called "no-knot" cornrows. This method is better for your edges b/c no extra hair is added at the beginning. But I don't know if they would work with tree braids. I'm planning to do my own braids within the next week or two.

Yes, I thought this was what you meant but I wasn't sure. My stylist used this method so there weren't any knots at all.

karezone

I think that those are called crochet braids.