"Trim/Cut It Until It's Even" Challenge 2006

SpiritJunkie

Didn't know this challenge existed. You should start it up again. this is somethng i need to do because my hair isn't even at all. But the growth is coming.

I'm going to do this.

queenspence

How does this help if your hair grows at different rates? For example my front and crown grows slower than my sides and back-

HoneyDew

queenspence said:
How does this help if your hair grows at different rates? For example my front and crown grows slower than my sides and back-

Well my hair is partly uneven for this reason. So I find that I have to cute those faster growing areas a bit more to try to get mt hair to a some what even length.

Personally, I am not trying to have totally even length al the way around, but close enough. I have 3 inch sections, 5 inch sections, 8 inch sections so you see my issue.

Before I started forcing myself to cut the longer sections, my hair looked thinner. This challenge has caused my hair to get thicker over time.

LovelyZ

I was wondering how this challenge went for the people who joined. Did the hair even up? Are you happy with the result?

nikkivale

I like this thread. I personally did this myself because I got tired of search and destroy, my ends were bad looking anyways from overprocessing. I'm transitioning and I figured i'd have to get rid of it anyways so I just did some cutting the other day. My hair feels so much better and I virtually have no tangles or breakage, trimming for me helps my hair retain more length in the long run because i don't have those 2 problems anymore.
My hair grows even naturally so i think i'll just dust from now on.

HoneyDew

LovelyZ said:
I was wondering how this challenge went for the people who joined. Did the hair even up? Are you happy with the result?

My hair is still uneven, but it is MUCH MUCH MUCH better. Now it is more like layers instead of damage, thank goodness.

What really help was a very aggressive cut I did last September. I cut about 2 inches off the back and things have been great since that time. It seems that everything is working better as a result - styling, shampooing, relaxing. I am now just cutting a little bit because my hair is doing so much better.