Fine 4s

Hey ladies,
Here is how much hair I lost since 10/28.IMG_4962.jpeg
IMG_4956.jpeg

The first is with all the hair from pic 2 and 3 balled up.
The last pic is GROSS but I saw a YouTuber do this to show how much hair she lost and thought it was smart.
My hair is currently in smedium twists and will remain for weeks but I will wash and DC in them. I decided not to do a big cut but trim off my ends little by little in twists and also because this is the style I wore after the blow dry and trim and it was cute so I figure I can make it work with consistency, twists, wigs and no more of those wet brushes. I do want a shower K comb though. I love the front of my hair in the pic below. It was a take down from two cornrows after the trim.

IMG_5067.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4961.jpeg
    IMG_4961.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 129

Lylddlebit

Hey ladies,
Here is how much hair I lost since 10/28.View attachment 492741
View attachment 492745

The first is with all the hair from pic 2 and 3 balled up.
The last pic is GROSS but I saw a YouTuber do this to show how much hair she lost and thought it was smart.
My hair is currently in smedium twists and will remain for weeks but I will wash and DC in them. I decided not to do a big cut but trim off my ends little by little in twists and also because this is the style I wore after the blow dry and trim and it was cute so I figure I can make it work with consistency, twists, wigs and no more of those wet brushes. I do want a shower K comb though. I love the front of my hair in the pic below. It was a take down from two cornrows after the trim.

View attachment 492749
That is a good visual. You can absolutely reduce that good moisture retention and gentle detangling.

Fine 4s

I got a big trim a few weeks ago but didn’t take any pics. I was ok with the length blow dried because well I went through this back in 2021 but wet and twisted omg it’s collar bone length with medium to large twists. I know in 2 years I will be back but sad that almost 20 years later I’m still not at my goal length. My hair is so so fragile.
I have medium to large size twists in now and the twists barely touch my shoulders that’s how short my hair is.

What I still don’t understand is how when I first started my hair care journey I could trim 1x per year and not have see through hair. Although I probably did my own mini trims.

Last edited:

faithVA

I finally finished my trim for the end of the year. I took off 1/2". I used my SplitEnder which makes it simple to take off a consistent amount. I think I can keep my ends in good shape and reduce my trims to every 4 months and then just clip splits as I find them in between.

snoop

I'm still practising lunar trimming. My goal was to trim yesterday, but I didn't have time. I wanted to get it in before the full moon which was happening at noon. I did it and my ends feel so much better.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just got a trim today. I thought it was a full moon, but the calendar had the full moon 3 days last week. My hair still bout to grow 2 inches by this time next month.

Don’t mind me. I’m just manifesting…

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just got a trim today. I thought it was a full moon, but the calendar had the full moon 3 days last week. My hair still bout to grow 2 inches by this time next month.

Don’t mind me. I’m just manifesting…
I haven’t been to the salon in a few weeks, so I haven’t been able to do a length check. I know my hair grew those 2 inches though :)

snoop

Trimmed my hair today. Despite all of the hoo-haa surrounding lunar trimming it seems to be working well for me for cleaning up my ends.

LHCF_Trim.png

Monthly micro trimming seems to be keeping my ends healthy. The hair on the left is how much I intended to take off. This was my usual amount for a trim session, but I usually don't end up cutting off so much hair. The hair on the right is about the amount that I take off each month for my mico-trims. I think this amount over the course of three months would be a lot less than the amount on the right, but still enough to remove splits and knots.

spacetygrss

Dusted my hair a bit after washing yesterday. I twisted my hair today and didn a little more dusting as I went along. My hair feels so much better now.