Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My new stylist Bee wants to trim my hair again next time I get it straightened. I just trimmed 2 weeks ago so I might have to pass. Besides I don't know the price and I'm already spending close to $100 as it is...

mshoneyfly

I trimmed yesterday. I could have waited a while but I want my trims to coincide with my texturizer TUs from now on. I didnt see any split ends at all but I want to gradually get rid of my bone straight ends.

Nayeli

Last trip was in December. I took off maybe 3/4 of an inch. Next trim will be in July. It's time.
I'm on an "every other relaxer" schedule with trimming. I leave them to my stylist, who is a trim ninja.

Forever in Bloom

My last trim was on Christmas Day last year. The same thing that made me go natural in the first place (seeing my then 5 year old niece with flat ironed hair almost 8 years ago - never knew natural hair could look so good!) , was the same thing that made me cut around 1.5-2 inches off on a whim(after seeing my now 13-year-old niece go from hip bone length to bsl hair because of scraggly ends).

I'm so glad I did! My ends are still in good condition, but I've been doing a lot of search and destroy sessions, deep conditioning, and moisturizing/sealing every week.

ILuvCurls

I just trimmed about 1/2 to 3/4 inch a few minutes ago. This thread reminded me, otherwise I would have forgotten! Thanks! My hair feels better/healthier. My last "dusting" was in April I believe.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I need to do a search and destroy soon...

Oan I wonder if my stylist is familiar with dusting. If she knows how then I would be comfortable with her dusting my ends every other month.

davisbr88

I also have a tail! My nape hair grows SO fast. I cut it off every time I trim. It usually hangs 3-4" below the layer above it, so it looks absolutely crazy.
I trimmed 1-2" last night depending on the area of my head, and I plan to do another in September (at the latest). I may have to trim more often now that I am planning to use heat a lot more.

guudhair

Today is a beautifying day so I will do a S&D

Thanks for mentioning that. I did the the samething yesterday too but didn't know it was a good day to do it. I thought about that cutting chart after I did it but still forgot to look. I'm happy to know it was a good day to do it.

I'm going to follow that for now on when I S&D.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My last trim was Tuesday May 12 around 9pm. I trimmed about an inch.

My plan is to trim again in July or August and keep my hemline thick as my hair grows. I can't deal with struggly ends anymore :nono:

I use the Morrocco Method to coordinate the best time to trim my ends
It has been exactly a month since I trimmed an inch and it seems like most of what I trimmed has grown back. I'm tempted to trim again tonight since it's a beneficial day. Just to dust my ends. If I trim tonight it'll be 1/8 inch or less.

Ivonnovi

I have my natural hair in mini/micro-twists. Yesterday I went through them one-by-one and trimmed the stringy ends. I wouldn't call it a real trim but it did make the ends of my twists look nice and neat.

Now that I am very familiar with the varied curl-patterns of my hair (& their placements), I now know where to be more diligent in my hair care practices. My crown area has a tighter coil, I feel that I need to be very careful when trimming this area because of both the new-growth and coil pattern. Too much, and when I go to wear my hair straight the hair hanging from my crown area will look choppy and not blend well (Like a bad leave-out).

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today and tomorrow are the best days to trim for Summer. This is the Summer Solstice . I did a search and destroy. I see my ends better in the sun so I opened my curtains and got to snipping.

faithVA

I did a protein treatment, DC, blow dry and a dusting. I took very little off the ends. Then I did a search and destroy for the areas where my ends felt a little rough. I'm going to stay with the dusting/trim every 3 months. I will just snip splits as I find them in between.

I need some of these hair cutting days to fall on the weekend :look:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I ended up cutting my bangs yesterday too. It looks so much better now. Before the trim my bangs were cbl length and now they are cheek length

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Trimmed 1/4" Friday evening. My ends in the back were terrible. Unfortunately, I may not have trimmed enough. Will re-assess this weekend.