Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The lengthening days this month are July 1,2 and 3.

I miss having a split ender. It was the perfect tool for dusting ends

naturalmanenyc

I still have my Splitender. I stopped using it for no real reason and ended up going to Supercuts for my last few trims.
I really need to get back to doing my own hair. I have enough tools for my own salon at this point but keep trying out different salons for blowouts.

The lengthening days this month are July 1,2 and 3.

I miss having a split ender. It was the perfect tool for dusting ends

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I still have my Splitender. I stopped using it for no real reason and ended up going to Supercuts for my last few trims.
I really need to get back to doing my own hair. I have enough tools for my own salon at this point but keep trying out different salons for blowouts.
Where have you gone for blowouts? Can Supercuts straighten our hair? Let me find out...

I love my new salon, but I can only afford to go once a month now.

klsjackson

I have a tail too yall :( The middle of my nape is the loosest and fastest growing part of my head. It was 2 inches longer than the rest of my hair so I cut it off. The tail has made it past bsl several times, but my other layers are not quite there.
I too have a tail! And I hate it. It was three inches longer than the rest of my hair and BSL. I just cut it yesterday :cry3:. My hair looks and feels much thicker, but it will be six months before the layers reach BSL, and I will trim again.

TeeSGee

I trimmed my ends 07/14/15. not sure how much I took off cuz I got rid of my weathered ends. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inches. My hair looks and feel so much better

biznesswmn

I had abt 3 inches of 'dead' ends cut on july 6. Sent me back to APL aftr tryg so hard to reach BSL. Oh well... Such is life. Will go another round by october for a more shapely cut, and every 3 months or so after that for trims

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Trimmed yesterday- 1 inch

Although I do not follow the lunar chart, according to the chart yesterday was a bad day to trim :(

My ends feel super nice.

Last dust was April 2015

Last edited:

Forever in Bloom

I haven't trimmed since last December and I cannot believe how good my ends look! Well...yeah, I can :)

I've been deep conditioning EVERY SINGLE WEEK! I finger detangle only - have been since mid-February. I use the LCO method; it just works better for my fine, low-porosity strands. Me and S-Curl are BFF's forever and always. It's an oldie, but a goodie and keeps my hair moist, but not greasy.

I've been natural for almost 8 years (Come December), and this is the first time since then that I have had people compliment me on my hair, how they didn't know it was so curly before, and ask to touch it.

I use a lot of products, but the following have helped keep my ends attached to my hair strands and I've been using them consistently for almost 6 months:

• S-Curl Activator/Moisturizer
  • ORS Monoi Oil Anti-Breakage Leave-In Conditioning Creme (on my third jar and this stuff hasn't been out that long - it's THAT good!)
  • Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (this stuff is so strong-scented, but I'll take that over the moisture it give me. I ran out of my S-curl and used this as a backup. It keeps my hair moist for days!)
  • Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler (just started on my 3rd bottle; I do not use as instructed. After rinsing out my deep conditioner (Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm/ORS Hair Masque/Ouidad Curl Recovery/ or Carol's Daughter Marula Curl Therapy Softening Mask) I put on the ORS Creme first and then seal with this).
I am retaining length - finally! Greedy and trying to get to tailbone length :infatuated:

Last edited:

GGsKin

I dusted my hair the other day. I had planned to hold off on the trimming but seeing the beginning of a split fuelled me to go ahead. My hair was feeling a little tangled on the ends, when detangling. It feels a lot better now.

Last edited:

ms.blue

I cut 3" off my hair two weeks ago. I like the blunt look the cut is giving me but I feel I need to cut at least 1" more so my crown can catch up.

davisbr88

I straightened and trimmed between 1 and 2 inches on August 28, which was a strengthening date. I will straighten and trim again on December 22 during Winter Solstice.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am so tempted to snip the ends of my braids, but I will wait until my hair is straight. I'm not even sure if today is a beneficial day

davisbr88

I snipped a few SSKs and dry ends that I missed last week while stretching my hair with the cwk plates. Today is a beautifying day!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I snipped a few SSKs and dry ends that I missed last week while stretching my hair with the cwk plates. Today is a beautifying day!
I need those plates in my life. I'm tired of wigging it, but I have no idea what to do with my hair

davisbr88

I need those plates in my life. I'm tired of wigging it, but I have no idea what to do with my hair

Omg, they are actually really awesome. I was really skeptical at first, but they stretched my hair really well. I combed through it a couple of times with a pik after removing the plates and it looked just like how my pre-straightening blowouts look. I was really impressed. I was planning to blow out my hair once a week, but now I am thinking these will be the move. I didn't use any heat at all - they airdried in about 2 hours, although they are such a PAIN to have in... that's the only thing. SUPER annoying until I figured out how to lay them just so in order to prop myself up on the bed to watch Netflix. Right now, I am planning to wear braided styles (1 or 2 braids) in my own hair until my synthetic hair arrives later this week. I will post a pic tomorrow so you can see. And I will post a pic after next week's wash day so you can see the results of the plates, too!

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I treated myself to a DevaCut last week and really needed it. One, because the sides and back were growing out of control and two (to me) frizz and frazzled ends prevent clumping. My curls are neat and so much more defined now.

alex114

Hey everyone,
For those who trim at home, could anyone recommend a good pair of scissors for at home trims? My budget is 20-50 (since I'm considering that I don't have any way to sharpen hair shears at home and so would have to keep buying them every few years).

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have layers so I trim the back first straight across. Then I pull the middle layers out and trim down. Moknowshair has a tutorial where she straightens and trims a girl's hair. I do it just like that

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I'll be dusting with the chart for my last 2 trims for the year. Next trim = October ..

2016 I'll follow the Lunar chart.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I dusted 2 days ago....but chopped my bang area into some layers underneath my chin. I cut so much that the area is all natural. lol

chelseatiara

I trimmed the 1st week in september, about half an inch on the back layers and 3/4 to 1 inch in the front. My cut is no longer tapered, but a blunt end bob type look that I am feelin. I did it with $3 dollar store shears on wet hair that was freshly washed and conditioned. I probably need to cut another full inch off in the front and another 1/2 in the back but I will wait until next year to do so, unless I am experiencing breakage, tangles, ssk, etc. My hair feels really healthy for the most part.

sgold04

My last trim was October 2014. I dusted May 2015 because my normal stylist no longer does hair :/ I'll S&D within the next few days, and then I'll trim in December when I straighten it.