Trim it slowly or BIG TRIM??

foxybronx

I need some opinions ladies, if u don't mind..

I am stressing over my relaxer and trim scheduled this tuesday because I need a professional trim badly (doing it myself is making my hair look worst because i trimmed wherever i seen splits and that caused me to have so many short layers that makes my hair look see thru at the back) To correct this i need to take off 2-2.5 inches. Should i just get it over with and go for the big trim so I can start off fresh or keep getting little ones each perm? I just reached my goal of brastrap not too long ago so part of me wants a little trim..but part of me wants these see thru ends GONE! what would ya'll do?

Armyqt

I would start off slowly. The very fact that you're here asking us gives me the idea that you're not totally comfortable trimming all at once. You can always trim more, but you can't put back what's gone. I'd go for maybe a 1/2 in at first. If you're not satisfied, you could always trim again in a few weeks. You don't have to wait until the next touch up. SO I say, take a little bit at a time. that way you can still realize your progress, while trimming to make it healthier.

karezone

I would go ahead and do a big trim simply because I hate it when the ends take away from the overall attractiveness of the hair.

Brownie

I'd say do it slowly, 1/2 inch-1 inch at a time because:

#1. Hair dressers always take off more than you want them to.

#2. A 1-inch trim might make a big difference, and you might not need more taken off.

#3 start small because what if you're just being very critical of your hair? Who knows? Everyone else might think your hair looks fine. You're just more critical because it is your hair, and you're so used to looking at it.

#4. You just got to your goal---enjoy it a little bit. You can always roller set to get a full, bouncy look.

#5. When your ends grow back after the big trim (2-3 inches), what if your hair ends up looking the same way---with less full ends? It's possible you know. Some of the ladies have had this happen, so tread slowly.

Good luck and tell us what you decide.

lilchanel

I agree with some of the other ladies. I would trim slowly. I got my hair trimmed after each relaxer so it wouldn't be so noticable. The first trim was about an inch. After that, she just dusts my ends.

foxybronx

Thanks armyqt, hairlove, Brownie (especially for your detailed suggestions, you make some great points), Allandra, Karezone, lilchanel and offthechainz for your input it is much appreciated! I will trim slowly.
pics to follow..

aikaa71

Well, I trimmed all at once 5 months ago. My stylist took off 2-3 inches to get it to a somewhat even just above the shoulder length. Its now grown back and is about 2-2.5 inches below shoulder length.
When I trimmed the sides were chin length and are now at shoulder length. I will let my hair grow out this way. My hair grows more at the crown and back, slower in the front and sides, so I guess I will not have an even length.

cece

[ QUOTE ]
Brownie said:
I'd say do it slowly, 1/2 inch-1 inch at a time because:

#1. Hair dressers always take off more than you want them to.

#2. A 1-inch trim might make a big difference, and you might not need more taken off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree 100%!!! Go slow you can always take get another trim if you want to take some more off the end.