~*~Tropic Isle Living / www.JamaicanOils.com~*~

SexySin985

Hello Ladies :wave:

I searched the forum and YouTube but didn't find much info/follow-up info on these products so I'm starting a thread:drunk:

I kept seeing the ad at the right of the screen and decided to give the products a try. I ordered them yesterday and got them today:yay::yay:.... It turns out the distributor for Florida is actually right down the street from me.

Tropic Isle Living Jamaican All Natural Black Castor Oil Shampoo with Shea Butter

Ingredients:JBCO, Essential Oils of Pimento, Lavender and Lemon, Aloe Vera and Rosemary Extracts, Organic Saponified Organic Oils of Coconut, Olive, and Jojoba Oils, Vegetable Gum/ Glycerin Extact

Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food

Ingredients:JBCO, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Neem Oil, Grape seed Oil, Vitamin E, Lavender Palm Stearic, Candellila Wax, Bees Wax, Carnauba Wax

Directions: Rub into scalp daily and comb hair into any style desired. For adults and children.

Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil Protein Conditioner

Ingredients:Mayonnaise, JBCO, Vitamin E, Avocado Oil, Mustard Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Lavender, Pimento Oil.

Directions: Wash hair with all natural shampoo. Towel dry excess water from hair. Apply protein conditioner generously to hair for 20 mins to 1 hour with heating cap. Rinse mixture with water and towel dry excess water from hair. Apply all natural conditioner for 15-20 mins with heating cap. Rinse hair with water and style as desired.

Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil

Ingredients:Jamaican Red Pimento Oil, JBCO, Coconut Oil, Wheat Germ

Directions: Apply to scalp, massage. Put heating cap on for 20 minuets. Wash and style as desired.

Tropic Isle Living Lavender Jamaican Black Castor Oil

Ingredients: JBCO and Lavender

Sorry for the pic overload. I like taking pics so you guys can actually see the products I'm talking about:grin:

Anyway, I have yet to use these products but I cannot wait to try them out. I think this line and a few items from Qhemet once I make my purchase from the BF sale and my Boundless Tresses will *hopefully* be my staple products for 2011!!!:grin::grin:

I will come back with a review, and pics of course, once I've used the products:yep:

Man, with all this castor oil I better have Mzwedi/Ediese/LynnieB/Traycee/CelinaStar/DLewis thickness by the end of 2011 or somebody is gettin hurt:lol:

Anybody have any reviews on any of these products.... I found this on YouTube so far....

YouTube - Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil Product Reviews Tracyee from K.I.S.S.

YouTube - Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food Pomade Traycee again

YouTube - Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo Review

Sorry for the long post:drunk:

Last edited:

mzsophisticated26

i was looking for reviews on the lavender jbco and hair pomade. I know a few ladies like the pimento oil. was the shipping expensive? i live in florida so this distributor make be better than ordering from sams

SexySin985

i was looking for reviews on the lavender jbco and hair pomade. I know a few ladies like the pimento oil. was the shipping expensive? i live in florida so this distributor make be better than ordering from sams

I bought everything as a set so the set price was $39.99 with shipping at $6.05 for a total of $46.06..... The sets are on sale.

WhipEffectz1

Oh okay. I thought you were the vendor at first. You have a very detailed post. They all the same to me in regards to castor oil.

SexySin985

LOL, whipz, I thought someone would think that by the title and the fact that the distributor just happened to live so close to me, :lol: That thought came to my mind as soon as I submitted the thread but I promise you all I am in no way affiliated with them or the website:lol:

Last edited:

WhipEffectz1

LOL, whipz, I thought someone would think that by the title and the fact that the distributor just happened to live so close to me, :lol: That thought came to mind mind soon as I submitted the thread but I promise you all I am in no way affiliated with them or the website:lol:

You know I'm all for someone making that money so.....:lol:

NappiShawti

thanx 4 this info. i was gunna order some jbco from sams but shipping turned out 2 be $9 which was more than the actual product:nono:

hair4romheaven

I got mine from an indian store that sells ayurveda products. His prices is cheaper & he offers LHCF members 10% off till feb. I made a thread about it.

Spidergul

I am very interested in ordering the BJCO hair food. It sounds lovely! I've been using the BJCO liquid mixed with my BB grease on my temples...so far so good!

On the Sams site they have 12 4oz jars on sale for $78 and free shipping in the US. I ordered my first bottle from Amazon at $9 w/ $6 shipping. I was hoping I could go to the maker and save a bundle. Actually it may have been more than that on amazon...

I found another product on Amazon called Olde Jamaica Black castor oil pomade $5.99 for 7.5oz. The ingredients also sound great! I may order this one instead. Shp is 5.12 for 2.

Last edited:

spellinto

thank you so much for starting this thread ! i have been contemplating on whether or not to purchase the Lavendar JBCO for my edges. I know castor oil is good for thickening them up but I also need something that will smooth them down (which may be the reason why I'm eyeing the hair food product now :look: ) ...please let us know what your final verdict is!

varaneka

I still use the shampoo

it's awesome

it makes my hair super soft and while I still like a leave in conditioner for definition afterward, it's not absolutely necessary if you're natural like me. If you're relaxed or processed with dyes, etc, then I recommend a conditioner and oil afterward of course

super nice.

When I bleach my hair again I'm deffffff getting that protein conditioner and will probably review it