Trust God, Encourage - Don't be negative

Zeal

Please keep my family in prayer.

I received a bad report today from My God Mother. The Dr. said…
Noticed I said the "Dr. Said" my Godfather has 3 months. I don't believe it and I am not giving up.

This situation has made me have a flash back.

I believe that there is nothing that God can't do. God is all-powerful and all knowing. This being the case why are so many saints so negative?

I have gotten to the point where I know that there are certain saints that I can share some things with and some saints that I can't.

I say all of that to say this… I am having a flash back. My Dad passed away in 2003 from a condition called PH. My mother, sister, the "strong" saints and I believed in healing and never gave up. However, my Dad gave up he was tired of fighting and "he" gave up. He was ready to meet Christ. The Doctors thought we were crazy and needed counseling when we kept telling them my Dad would be better. The Doctor's are not God.

We rode it until he gave up the ghost and went into glory. My Dad had Communion, scripture and prayer, and then he passed away.

There were people/saints who had my Dad dead and in the grave before his time. They were wavering in their faith. They said they believed, but when Pharaoh's army was behind and the red sea in front, they stumbled and fell. Trust in God went out the window and negative comments were made Giving the impressions of why are you still praying.

If you remember Hezekiah asked God for more time and God blessed him with more time.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Please sisters, always be positive in all things. No matter what the situation. Never give up and don't give in. If you don't have words of encouragement don't say anything at all. If it is not positive be quiet.

With God all things are possible.

Last edited:

mrsv

Zeal, stand on your faith. My family went through a similar situation a few years ago. My anut was in the hospital and on life support. The doctors told us she would not make it six weeks. My uncle, mother, and their pastor went to the hospital because the doctors had "advised them to turn the machines off to end everyone's suffering." After they got there, my uncle said something inside would not let him do it, and my mother and the pastor supported him, so the machine was not turned off. Not only did my aunt come off of the machines, but about four-six weeks later, she was able to come home. My uncle was not saved at the time, but I do believe that "something" was the Holy Spirit moving on our faith. If he had not listened to that "Something", God would not have been able to move the way He did. Alyays keep faith in God and know that all things are possible. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

cybra

Zeal,

one thing that is unique about faith, it won't work if you don't believe. If you notice in the Bible, especially in the case when the disciples couldn't cast the demons out of a child and when they asked Jesus, who had just spoke it and it was so, why the could not do the same, he told them it was their faith that failed them. The woman with the issue of blood, it was her faith that Jesus said made her whole. Also, the blind man who was given his sight, the lame man who was made to walk, in every case it was their own faith that brought about the miracle. What hinders many believers is their lack of faith.

I once was told we should have faith in the same way we give faith to other things. For example, if you paid your light bill you expect to walk in your house and have the lights work. If there is gas in your car and that car has recently had a overhaul, you expect to get into the car and it start right up. In both cases, based on what you know you have faith that things things will happen...you have unwavering, strong belief that they will happen. So, everything you do is based on that faith. You may work at night having faith that when you walk in you can bring light into your dark home. When you go to bed at night, you have faith that when you are ready to go to work that car will be ready too. The problem is, many Christian are so "sometimey" with their faith. Although they know God to be a promise keeper (I have never heard of anyone saying God didn't keep his promise), many have heard testimony to his healing, financial, and other types of power, and many have even experienced the hand of God in their lives. Yet, with all they know and have heard, they continue to be "wishy-washy" in their faith.

The Bible tells us that if we ask ANYTHING believing, than it shall be given unto us. I too am a strong believe in the powers of my Savior and Master. He has never failed me and I am confident he never will. I stand on his promises and I HOLD HIM TO his promises.

My mom passed away a few years ago and needless to say I was asked was I angry with God because I strongly believed my mom would be around a lot longer than she was. I told them, "No, I'm not mad at God at all. My faith is not only that God will do things that we ask, but since I have always ask that his will be done, I have faith that he will do that too." His will, in the case of mom, was to bring her home. My mom has been a warrior for the Lord as long as I can remember. She had fought a good fight and it was time to come home. I'm only jealous that she has gone on to glory (home) and I still have to remain on the battlefield :)

So, I encourage you to continue to stand on your faith, no matter what the outcome. If you trust the Lord to do everything in its season, just know he will do everything according to the most perfect timing. As Job has taught us all to say, "Although it feels you slay me, I will trust you." We must trust the Lord and have faith in him no matter what.

Thank you for this thread and for standing on your faith...strong faith!

Zeal

cybra said:
Zeal,

one thing that is unique about faith, it won't work if you don't believe. If you notice in the Bible, especially in the case when the disciples couldn't cast the demons out of a child and when they asked Jesus, who had just spoke it and it was so, why the could not do the same, he told them it was their faith that failed them. The woman with the issue of blood, it was her faith that Jesus said made her whole. Also, the blind man who was given his sight, the lame man who was made to walk, in every case it was their own faith that brought about the miracle. What hinders many believers is their lack of faith.

I once was told we should have faith in the same way we give faith to other things. For example, if you paid your light bill you expect to walk in your house and have the lights work. If there is gas in your car and that car has recently had a overhaul, you expect to get into the car and it start right up. In both cases, based on what you know you have faith that things things will happen...you have unwavering, strong belief that they will happen. So, everything you do is based on that faith. You may work at night having faith that when you walk in you can bring light into your dark home. When you go to bed at night, you have faith that when you are ready to go to work that car will be ready too. The problem is, many Christian are so "sometimey" with their faith. Although they know God to be a promise keeper (I have never heard of anyone saying God didn't keep his promise), many have heard testimony to his healing, financial, and other types of power, and many have even experienced the hand of God in their lives. Yet, with all they know and have heard, they continue to be "wishy-washy" in their faith.

The Bible tells us that if we ask ANYTHING believing, than it shall be given unto us. I too am a strong believe in the powers of my Savior and Master. He has never failed me and I am confident he never will. I stand on his promises and I HOLD HIM TO his promises.

My mom passed away a few years ago and needless to say I was asked was I angry with God because I strongly believed my mom would be around a lot longer than she was. I told them, "No, I'm not mad at God at all. My faith is not only that God will do things that we ask, but since I have always ask that his will be done, I have faith that he will do that too." His will, in the case of mom, was to bring her home. My mom has been a warrior for the Lord as long as I can remember. She had fought a good fight and it was time to come home. I'm only jealous that she has gone on to glory (home) and I still have to remain on the battlefield :)

So, I encourage you to continue to stand on your faith, no matter what the outcome. If you trust the Lord to do everything in its season, just know he will do everything according to the most perfect timing. As Job has taught us all to say, "Although it feels you slay me, I will trust you." We must trust the Lord and have faith in him no matter what.

Thank you for this thread and for standing on your faith...strong faith!

:clap: :clap: :cry:

You see this is the reason that I try to stay out of the Christian fellowship forum while I am at work. You are gonna have me slumped over on my desk waving a hand and crying.

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

I have heard this verse about 20 times in the past 3 weeks and I am wondering why. I heard it yesterday as a matter of fact. Speak Lord.

Zeal

UPDATE:

On Daddy-Boy. My Godfather is in the hospital. He went in yesterday morning. The doctor's suggested that everyone call all the kids and bring them to the hosptal.

When I walked into the room I kissed him on the cheek and sat down. He said to me, "The Doctors said that I don't have long. But they ain't Jesus." I said that's right. He kept saying he was tired and ready to go. My Godmother told him No! Don't let the Devil get in your head.

He has not eaten since Wed. He has an IV and he is in pain. However I was praying the entire time that I was in the room.

He has had a turn around since last night and is doing better. Praise God. Let's just keep him prayed up.

I will keep you updated.

UPDATE> 11:35 PM

Doing better and looking better. He had a blood clot in his throat nd ws not able to eat. This morning. He coughed and parts of it came out. (look at God) So he was able to eat a little. However, he does have a fever. But he is doing better. Last night he had IVs in bothe arms. Now he only has one, the pain medication.

Last edited: