Trying to Crush My Dreams

Candy1978

As some of you may know, I am a makeup artist, have my own line of cosmetics, and will be attending Paul Mitchell The school of Beauty to get my Skin Therapist license, and my cosmetology license, so that I can be a healthy hair stylist. Today I was visitng a salon to do this girls makeup, and one of the stylist asked me who did my hair, (since I always wear my hair in a bun for protective styling), I told her that I did my own hair, and that I am growing my hair out, using a moisture program and protective styling. She told me that long hair is herditary and that once I attend beauty school that I would change my theories.......I'm sick of stylists like that...and I'm glad that I have you guys ( go LHCF !!!), did I mention that she had a nasty looking sew in in her hair, and she looked like she needed a serious deep conditioning treatment????

*hugs* I'm so sorry! Don't even worry about it keep doing what your doing and when your hair down your back just look at her and say ..

"herditary? I think NOT!"

there will always be someone standing around you criticizing... or hating on what you are trying to achieve.

You just keep your head up and keep your goals and you will be successful.

I am glad that you are going to be a healthy hair stylist. We need more women like you in that field for sure!:) ;) :p

Last edited:
Girl we have been this subject to deathm, "Ignant stylist". Do your thing and let your hair do the talking.

Please do us a favor and teach some of the students in your class a thing or two about hair care.

BTW, you got any info on your make up line?

Candy1978 said:
As some of you may know, I am a makeup artist, have my own line of cosmetics, and will be attending Paul Mitchell The school of Beauty to get my Skin Therapist license, and my cosmetology license, so that I can be a healthy hair stylist. Today I was visitng a salon to do this girls makeup, and one of the stylist asked me who did my hair, (since I always wear my hair in a bun for protective styling), I told her that I did my own hair, and that I am growing my hair out, using a moisture program and protective styling. She told me that long hair is herditary and that once I attend beauty school that I would change my theories.......I'm sick of stylists like that...and I'm glad that I have you guys ( go LHCF !!!), did I mention that she had a nasty looking sew in in her hair, and she looked like she needed a serious deep conditioning treatment????[/quote]

She is just JEALOUS! Someday, you're going to be sucessful and she will still be working at the same place rock that same tried weave!

Keep you head up and ends protected - we know what's the true deal! ;)

Girl please...just brush that off your shoulders and keep on steppin...you know for a fact that is not true just by looking at all these gorgeous heads of hair on the board. Once you get into school that will only enhance your knowledge of hair to make you a better beautician cause you will already know what practices are useful and which ones aren't.

I am always QUICK to correct the ignorant by saying:

"Yes, hair TYPE and TEXTURE is hereditary... Hair GROWING from your scalp is not"... "Growing hair is a body function like digestion-everybody does it".... "If a dog with NO regimen at ALL can grow hair that drags on the floor, so can I"

Then I follow with the fake "hee-hee, chuckle-chukcle"

Your future clients will be happy to have a stylist who knows what they r talking about!

They'll be looking fly w/ their make-up and hair done right!

I'm sorry that happened.:( I think the idea that you might reach your goal and be right scared her. Unfortunately she's going to be messing up other people in her line of work.

Thanks!! for the words of encouragement! After I get my license I want to work in a Dominican Salon to learn a few of their tricks on hair care( treaments and blow outs), and then combine that with what I've learned through my and everyone elses hair growing journey. I only want to do things like educate clients on retaining length and hair growth, do protective styles, dominican blow outs, roller sets, wraps, and maybe natural braids, and sew ins for people that just gots to have a weave. And I promise not to OVER BOOK......lol

InnerSoul said:
there will always be someone standing around you criticizing... or hating on what you are trying to achieve.

You just keep your head up and keep your goals and you will be successful.

I am glad that your are going to be a healthy hair stylist. We need more women like you in that field for sure!:) ;) :p

Candy1978 said:
Thanks!! for the words of encouragement! After I get my license I want to work in a Dominican Salon to learn a few of their tricks on hair care( treaments and blow outs), and then combine that with what I've learned through my and everyone elses hair growing journey. I only want to do things like educate clients on retaining length and hair growth, do protective styles, dominican blow outs, roller sets, wraps, and maybe natural braids, and sew ins for people that just gots to have a weave. And I promise not to OVER BOOK......lol

:look: GIRL WHERE U LIVE AT? CAUSE IM TRYING GET DA HOOOK UP ONMY WEAVEEE.... holla at cha girrrrlll

Candy1978 said:
....lol I'm in florida:lol: :lol: :grin:

well girl soon as i get outta college and makin that cash flow u gonna hook up my weave girl aint ya? ill come down to fl get my lil tan on and get my hair and nails done..

and do a lil shoppin... u better hook me upp girl..cause im gonna leave u a big tip.. sure am.. you think im playing ;)

Last edited:
I'm sorry for her ignorance.
You'll have long hair AND a successful career.
Just you wait and see. ;)

Hidden_Angel said:
well girl soon as i get outta college and makin that cash flow u gonna hook up my weave girl aint ya? ill come down to fl get my lil tan on and get my hair and nails done..

and do a lil shoppin... u better hook me upp girl..cause im gonna leave u a big tip.. sure am.. you think im playing ;)

hey i'll hook you up....lol, cause I'll be able to do chemical peels, facials, and micro dermabrasian treatments, do you makeup, eyelash extensions, and hook your hair up....lol we'll keep in touch

Candy1978 said:
As some of you may know, I am a makeup artist, have my own line of cosmetics, and will be attending Paul Mitchell The school of Beauty to get my Skin Therapist license, and my cosmetology license, so that I can be a healthy hair stylist. Today I was visitng a salon to do this girls makeup, and one of the stylist asked me who did my hair, (since I always wear my hair in a bun for protective styling), I told her that I did my own hair, and that I am growing my hair out, using a moisture program and protective styling. She told me that long hair is herditary and that once I attend beauty school that I would change my theories.......I'm sick of stylists like that...and I'm glad that I have you guys ( go LHCF !!!), did I mention that she had a nasty looking sew in in her hair, and she looked like she needed a serious deep conditioning treatment????

po child, she doesn't know any better. Once you attend beauty school maybe you can change their theories.

Candy1978 said:
I told her that I did my own hair, and that I am growing my hair out, using a moisture program and protective styling. She told me that long hair is herditary and that once I attend beauty school that I would change my theories.......I'm sick of stylists like that...and I'm glad that I have you guys ( go LHCF !!!), did I mention that she had a nasty looking sew in in her hair, and she looked like she needed a serious deep conditioning treatment????

I don't understand, why she brought that to your attention. What if your genes allow you to have long hair, based on her theory? Why give out that negative piece of info other than to make you doubt yourself and make you give up.

Good luck in the pursuit of your career.

Candy1978 said:
hey i'll hook you up....lol, cause I'll be able to do chemical peels, facials, and micro dermabrasian treatments, do you makeup, eyelash extensions, and hook your hair up....lol we'll keep in touch

:lachen: girl do not play with my emtions! just dont do it.. :eek:

Just make sure when you wear your long hair out, that is the day you just so happen to be in the salon where she works. Girl brush it off, ignorance is bliss. Q

NoNapNique said:
I am always QUICK to correct the ignorant by saying:

"Yes, hair TYPE and TEXTURE is hereditary... Hair GROWING from your scalp is not"... "Growing hair is a body function like digestion-everybody does it".... "If a dog with NO regimen at ALL can grow hair that drags on the floor, so can I"

Then I follow with the fake "hee-hee, chuckle-chukcle"

Well I don't totally agree with this. I do think Heridity do play a factor in hair growth rate. But that doesn't mean everyone can't have long hair. It just mean that some of us will acheive at our goals sooner than others.

You will be one of the rare, wonderful stylists who can promote healthy AND beautiful hair! You just keep doing what you are doing, Candy, then nonchalantly swing by there one day to say, "hello" with your hair hanging at your goal length.

Royal Glory said:
You will be one of the rare, wonderful stylists who can promote healthy AND beautiful hair! You just keep doing what you are doing, Candy, then nonchalantly swing by there one day to say, "hello" with your hair hanging at your goal length.

Yep, what she said. :lol:

Candy1978 said:
She told me that long hair is herditary and that once I attend beauty school that I would change my theories.......I'm sick of stylists like that...and I'm glad that I have you guys ( go LHCF !!!), did I mention that she had a nasty looking sew in in her hair, and she looked like she needed a serious deep conditioning treatment????

Keep your head up sis! I was told this by a stylist too and believed it. It just amazes me that once I stopped going to the stylist and started paying attention to my own hair, I grew past my "hereditary" length.:grin:

Candy1978 said:
As some of you may know, I am a makeup artist, have my own line of cosmetics, and will be attending Paul Mitchell The school of Beauty to get my Skin Therapist license, and my cosmetology license, so that I can be a healthy hair stylist. Today I was visiting a salon to do this girls makeup, and one of the stylist asked me who did my hair, (since I always wear my hair in a bun for protective styling), I told her that I did my own hair, and that I am growing my hair out, using a moisture program and protective styling. She told me that long hair is hereditary and that once I attend beauty school that I would change my theories.......I'm sick of stylists like that...and I'm glad that I have you guys ( go LHCF !!!), did I mention that she had a nasty looking sew in in her hair, and she looked like she needed a serious deep conditioning treatment????[/quote]

First of all congratulations and good luck. With that being said (the bolded) part. It's apparent she don't know how to take care of her own hair and instead of trying she just came to that crazy conclusion.

Lavendar said:
Keep your head up sis! I was told this by a stylist too and believed it. It just amazes me that once I stopped going to the stylist and started paying attention to my own hair, I grew past my "hereditary" length.:grin:

..true that ...as soon as I stopped going to these so called halthy hair stylist, my hair has been flourishing!!!..and I am committed to spreading the word...hey maybe I can help shut the weave industry down....lol

Back