TWA styles please

HeChangedMyName

Can I please have some suggestions and pictures of some TWA styles. I'm not sure what is defined as TWA, but my hair is 5-6" long.

prettybyrd

At 5-6 inches I would think that you have a pretty nice fro. Nothing teeny weeny about that! :) When looking for styles, look for ones for short to medium length hair, not for TWAs, necessarily.

I'm on my phone so I can't post pics easily, but you can probably start to get some nice twist sets, braid styles, and twist or braid outs.

Nonie

I think these would work on 5-6 inches of hair:

Afro puff with twists in the front:

Two-strand twists just left down:

Cornrow front, comb out puff back (or cornrow entire head and add a phony puff in the back):

Straightened hair pulled back puff style and then the back is pin curled (grab narrow sections in random order, wrap around fingers and pin into place to create the look of having used a curling iron):

My beloved "tarantula" do :giggle: Mini twists allowed to airdry in curlers:

Braid-out on twists:

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

At 5-6 inches I would think that you have a pretty nice fro. Nothing teeny weeny about that! :) When looking for styles, look for ones for short to medium length hair, not for TWAs, necessarily.

I'm on my phone so I can't post pics easily, but you can probably start to get some nice twist sets, braid styles, and twist or braid outs.

Ohhhhhhh so maybe that's why the styles I have been finding are I been like :nono:. so I'll start looking for medium natural styles. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks Nonie those are some cute style ideas.

Nonie

SuchaLady, I learned it from two old members Sengschick and Lorraine. Sengs uses one of those zigzag plastic thingies for creating buns/puffs and then twists her sections before folding them over in different ways. Lorraine would make a bun first and just roll sections around fingers and pin. So I started off with the accordion clip thingy like Sengs since my hair wasn't long enough for a bun so that I could choose how far back to put it, then I finished off with the roll around fingers like Lorraine.

HeChangedMyName

I absolutely can't wait until I have enough length to do the southern tease bun. my relaxed hair almost made it once. lol

Tiye

Can I please have some suggestions and pictures of some TWA styles. I'm not sure what is defined as TWA, but my hair is 5-6" long.

TWA = teeny weeny afro = no more than about 2.5" and often shrinks down to 1/2" of less. This is a hairstyle you would wear as is other than maybe small finger coils or a scarf. Nonie has some lovely suggestions for a medium length fro.