TWA Support Thread

Divine.

OMG, why didn't anyone tell me that once your hair starts getting longer you actually have to detangle it?! Lawd! I can no longer finger detangle my hair. I have since invested in a good detangling brush and conditioner. I have been using Paul Mitchell's The Detangler and Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner mixed together to detangle my hair. This combination gives me so much slip!

Not looking forward to hour long detangling sessions :look:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
OMG, why didn't anyone tell me that once your hair starts getting longer you actually have to detangle it?! Lawd! I can no longer finger detangle my hair. I have since invested in a good detangling brush and conditioner. I have been using Paul Mitchell's The Detangler and Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner mixed together to detangle my hair. This combination gives me so much slip! Not looking forward to hour long detangling sessions :look:
What kind of brush did you get? Detangling has been the bane of my existence!

ckisland

I decided to do a 100% homemade/ all natural wash day to see if I could get through it without needing any commercial products. I did and It. Was. Awesome :lick:

First, I applied the Bentonite clay with a little AVJ, ACV, and oils, and it let sit (I was mixing other things up :lol:) for about an hour. I rinsed it out in the shower for a few minutes with water, then poured ACV over my hair and let it sit for 5 minutes. I got out of the shower, applied a little bit of the whipped cocoa butter I made and then added my FSG :yep:

My hair is popping and locing :reddancer:!! I am soooooo glad I took the time to try everything out. I got the same results I get from using Aubrey Organics and Giovanni without the price :drunk: . I could NOT be happier :grin:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
What a difference a day...or 10 days make. The first pic is taken after my first wash post BC and the second is 10 days post BC which is today.

Looking like Michael Meyers 2 days post BC:
ForumRunner_20141229_201928.jpg

Mo betta, 10 days post BC:
ForumRunner_20141229_202056.jpg
ForumRunner_20141229_202110.jpg
ForumRunner_20141229_202339.jpg
View attachment 290919

The MHM, is doing its thang!! That ***** patch you see is my hennaed gray hair. I'm waiting to grow another inch before I cut all the henna out so I can get a pretty color all over.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
As a former natural, I feel that it is my duty to tell you about Blended Cutie Tug Me Not Conditioner. I believe that stuff can detangle 4lmnop hair. It just glides on soo smoothly and melts alll the tangles.

Divine.

What kind of brush did you get? Detangling has been the bane of my existence!

It was mentioned in a recent thread (I'll add the link once I find it), but it's called a Tek brush. I was in Marshall's and I couldn't pass up on buying it. Best investment ever! My hair has been tangle free for the past couple of days. When I did my wash and go today, I only had to finger detangle. Detangling with my Denman used to be such a pain! Now it's a breeze.

Idk what's going on. Either this brush and conditioner combo is the best thing that ever happened to me, or my hair has finally settled into a steady regimen. I have had no complaints about my hair.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
What a difference a day...or 10 days make. The first pic is taken after my first wash post BC and the second is 10 days post BC which is today. Looking like Michael Meyers 2 days post BC: Mo betta, 10 days post BC: The MHM, is doing its thang!! That ***** patch you see is my hennaed gray hair. I'm waiting to grow another inch before I cut all the henna out so I can get a pretty color all over. Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
Look at you all curled up and thangs!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
curls, coils, it's all the same to me...I have to admit I was pretty shocked to see them on my head.

I guess you're right. I WAS surprised when I DIDN'T see coils after I washed tho my stylist said I have coils and can wash and go.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Today was the first time since I BC on 12/19 that I actually picked my fro out while DC. I used my Hercules Sagemann jumbo rake and I have to admit, it felt really good getting a comb on my scalp. I didn't know if I should or shouldn't so I just did it. The tight coils were separated really well without snatching my hair out and now I can't wait to see how my hair turns our after I do my clay rinse in the morning!

almond eyes

Today was the first time since I BC on 12/19 that I actually picked my fro out while DC. I used my Hercules Sagemann jumbo rake and I have to admit, it felt really good getting a comb on my scalp. I didn't know if I should or shouldn't so I just did it. The tight coils were separated really well without snatching my hair out and now I can't wait to see how my hair turns our after I do my clay rinse in the morning!

That comb is the bomb!!!!!!!!Meaning great comb.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Today was the first time since I BC on 12/19 that I actually picked my fro out while DC. I used my Hercules Sagemann jumbo rake and I have to admit, it felt really good getting a comb on my scalp. I didn't know if I should or shouldn't so I just did it. The tight coils were separated really well without snatching my hair out and now I can't wait to see how my hair turns our after I do my clay rinse in the morning! Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
I've started doing all of my detangling with my DC on and it has stopped the breakage for the most part. I was getting really nervous about the ball of hair each detangling session but no more. I never detangle without DC on, I just can't do it.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I've started doing all of my detangling with my DC on and it has stopped the breakage for the most part. I was getting really nervous about the ball of hair each detangling session but no more. I never detangle without DC on, I just can't do it.

I'm glad you figured it out...detangling dry is a major no-no.

Guinan

Re-Branding

I started detangling with my DC on too. I felt like I was always doing too much detangling. Before I would detangle before I put the DC on, while the DC was on and then after I finished washing my hair. Now I detangle once and only when I have my DC in my hair.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I started detangling with my DC on too. I felt like I was always doing too much detangling. Before I would detangle before I put the DC on, while the DC was on and then after I finished washing my hair. Now I detangle once and only when I have my DC in my hair.

I use to detangle with my leave-in in but now this TWA allows me to do it when applying DC.

xu93texas

Yes, this is how I detangle as well; while my DC is on my hair with my HS combs.

kellistarr

Detangle? What's that? My twa is a breeze to care for. I am going to truly enjoy these moments of washing and conditioning my hair, 10 minutes tops, and that's because I am letting the conditioner linger. I'm thinking about washing 2x a week, just to refresh the curl. The 2nd wash I'll just rinse with some conditioner.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Detangle? What's that? My twa is a breeze to care for. I am going to truly enjoy these moments of washing and conditioning my hair, 10 minutes tops, and that's because I am letting the conditioner linger. I'm thinking about washing 2x a week, just to refresh the curl. The 2nd wash I'll just rinse with some conditioner.
Girl, be quiet! LOL...in a minute you will understand exactly what it is when you are too short to be long and too long to be short!

RockCreak

Is anyone else just letting their twa free flow? I truly don't do a thang to it! This is my second time around back at the twa stage and I figured that less was more for me. I try not to use a comb at all. I just finger detangle once I poo and dc. Now that its getting colder around this neck of the woods, I'm not co-washing either. The older my curls get the better they look because it gets looser. I just oil, massage and go...:look:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Thank you! I'm trying to build the regimen for my natural hair now which is proving difficult. My hair doesn't like anything! :lol:

Trust me I understand. If you have low porosity hair and with type 4; a,b,c you should consider the mhm. It is helping my hair absorb moisture products so much better. What's going on with your hair? I just BC on 12/19 so I'm still figuring things out myself.

almond eyes

If you know your porosity then that can really help you. If you have high porosity hair like me, I favor warm water for my hair and rinsing daily in my twa stage but seeing that you have more growth than 4 inches, protective styles (like braiding your hair up at night or flat twists to stretch your hair and then wear your hair out but doing it gently not to create mechanical damage from the styling) and using a spray bottle to wet your hair and use a leave in. I would also shampoo and DC weekly. And incorporate a bi monthly protein treatment.

If you are low porosity, many women favor the mhm method as there is a science behind it. The products raise the cuticles as they are alkaline and then close up the cuticles again to bind the moisture.

One of the things that I have learnt from my other transitioning that I will not repeat again with this last transition is not using synthetic hair or any hair coloring because that can compromise your cuticle structure making it very hard to accept or retain moisture making the cuticles look and feel raised. High heat from styling tools can have the same effect. But this is mostly for women with fine hair or porous hair.

Once you stick to your regiment, you will see good results in your hair. You already have lots of hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes