Twin This Protective Style! - 52 Week Long Challenges!

How often do you put your hair in a style? (even if it's the same style)

• Once a week - Wash day

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Every two weeks - Wash day

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Three - Six weeks Protective styles

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Six weeks+ - Long-term Protective Style

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Less than one week - Refresh and Restyle

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

apple_natural

How to play...
* There is no master challengers list since you can jump in any week you want and choose to do it for the week or not

1. Post a photo/video of a protective style that you want us to do
  • If you want to post a photo/video for a specific week, just put on the week number
  • If a new person posts something, we'll chose that one over someone who already had a style selected
2. We select the next week's photo by Saturday. I can post/repost it as the week's style
3. We try it! Yes, it can be adapted to your hair and style, but try to challenge yourself to try something new
  • For instance, if a style is done on straight hair, I will likely just stretch my own with twist or braid out
  • Also if it is loose on the ends, I'm likely going to braid my own or put it in a bun or even put in clip ins
  • You can put your hair in the style any day during the week. I usually do my hair on Monday or Tuesday idk why
4. Let us see how it came out!
  • Post a photo of how your style came out!! OR just write a review and be boring lol
(by the way, if you post it in your comment, you can always delete the photo later if you want. I don't know if you can delete media, which is annoying).

We start January 3rd!!
Photo selected by Saturday, January 2nd

Here are the weeks by number.....

Free 2021 Calendar with Week Numbers

As I was creating this, I saw that this was also done in 2009 and 2018! Cute!

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I'm going to lurk first. I won't know if I can complete this challenge until after my salon appointment this Wednesday.

apple_natural

I'm going to lurk first. I won't know if I can complete this challenge until after my salon appointment this Wednesday.
It's just by the week, so feel free to do it the week you want or not lol Also, if you have a protective style that you want to add in, just post it and I'll do it.

I'm not going to have straightened hair for this style I posted. I'm going to do it on stretched hair. You can adapt it as you want, but this is the look I'm basing my style on. I'm going to do the braids on the side and bun like this.. I'll probably make a twist with braid hair around a bun kind of like how it looks in the photo

Mapleoats

I’m seriously failing at this challenge lol. I’m so hair lazy, just been wearing twists / braids. Was gonna do a rollerset this wash but ended up just putting in 10 braids :nono:

apple_natural

I’m seriously failing at this challenge lol. I’m so hair lazy, just been wearing twists / braids. Was gonna do a rollerset this wash but ended up just putting in 10 braids :nono:
I wore a top bun but I didn't put in the braids. What did you do with the 10 braids? Are they in a bun?

apple_natural

Week 2 - two ponytail braids w/ braiding hair
1610398700093.png

Week 3 - getting my hair straightened and trimmed. I will keep it that way a few days to a week

Considering this for week 4

Considering shoulder length box braids for week 5,6

Mapleoats

I wore a top bun but I didn't put in the braids. What did you do with the 10 braids? Are they in a bun?
I’m trying out a regimen inspired by herlucidsky. I set my hair in 10 plaits and then minimized it into 5 plaits. Now it’s into 3 plaits which seems to be the smallest number of braids I can achieve at this length.

apple_natural

i should have been sleeping with a bag this week. i turned the house heat on. i know better than that. as of now, the roots are so dry and nappy and the rest is stretched and tangled. tomorrow is my press. i will dc the rest of this night

apple_natural

Ok, now to the braids. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with this length although I considered really long braids a few minutes ago.

Image result for bob braids hairstyle