Twist, Braid, Bun for Growth Challenge (1/1/13 - 3/31/13)

TruMe

lyricallysound - Very pretty!

I would like in.

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)? Bunning
2. What is your style maintenance regimen? Bun Mon-Fri, take down nightly to cowash and re-bun the next day
3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Natural
4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Closer to MBL
5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? 2 days
6. Include Starting Pic. (You are not a challenger without a pic).

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 117

youwillrise

here are my twists. i decided that i didnt feel like taking new pictures, so ill just post this pitiful, horrible looking picture. i dont really care haha.

twists and picture done 12-31-2012

Attachments

• twists12312012.jpg
    twists12312012.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 52

Tibbar

Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to all of the new challengers, and welcome back to the 'veterans'! :lol:

Shampooed, conditioned, and twisted using all BeeMine products. I gathered my twists into about six sections and rolled on flexirods. If it comes out OK I'll post pics...

Diva_Esq

I'm back in this!

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)? bunning, twists
2. What is your style maintenance regimen? cowash almost daily, wet braided bun, twists for a break with a short twistout period following.
3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? natural
4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? length retention, WHIP and or HL, less tangling
5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? depends...2-3 days, no more
6. Starting Pic:

MeowMix

Hey there!!! Glad to see you!

BraunSugar Hey I'm so excited that you are hosting this round. I KNOW this is going to be good. Oh and if I could quote our friend@ Tibbar. Happy New Year.

Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to all of the new challengers, and welcome back to the 'veterans'! :lol:

Shampooed, conditioned, and twisted using all BeeMine products. I gathered my twists into about six sections and rolled on flexirods. If it comes out OK I'll post pics...

Hey Tibbar, Best wishes to you to. I want see how your flexirod set came out:)

TrueSugar

I am in!!!!

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)? twist
2. What is your style maintenance regimen? dc at least once every 2 weeks, working on everything else
3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? natural
4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? less tangling
5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? 3 days
6. Include Starting Pic. (You are not a challenger without a pic). I will post pic later after first set of twist

Tibbar

@BraunSugar Hey I'm so excited that you are hosting this round. I KNOW this is going to be good. Oh and if I could quote our friend@ Tibbar. Happy New Year.

Hey @Tibbar, Best wishes to you to. I want see how your flexirod set came out:)

BraunSugar, I'm excited you are going to be hosting too, but I hope we still see a lot of MeowMix around here.... :spinning:

Thanks for the good thoughts MeowMix----
OK, so I wasn't too happy with how this set came out, I think I put too much hair on each roller but that's ok... I ended up throwing some ouchless hair clips in there and KIM.... I do like the BeeMine products I used though, I tried a couple of new things from them: Bee Loved Hair & Scalp moisturizer and Luscious Balanced cream moisturizer. Liked them both (my hair feels really soft) and my hair smells good. :drunk:

BraunSugar

OK, so I wasn't too happy with how this set came out, I think I put too much hair on each roller but that's ok... I ended up throwing some ouchless hair clips in there and KIM.... I do like the BeeMine products I used though, I tried a couple of new things from them: Bee Loved Hair & Scalp moisturizer and Luscious Balanced cream moisturizer. Liked them both (my hair feels really soft) and my hair smells good. :drunk:

Tibbar what size flexirods are you using? I don't really care for the way my twists turns out when I set them on flexirods either. I thought maybe I need more length before I would start to like the way they look, but I think I like using perm rods on the ends better.

BraunSugar

I'm converting my braid and curl into a bun today. Instead of restyling the bun everyday, I'm going to try to keep the same bun for a few days before restyling. Hopefully that will work.

Tibbar

@Tibbar what size flexirods are you using? I don't really care for the way my twists turns out when I set them on flexirods either. I thought maybe I need more length before I would start to like the way they look, but I think I like using perm rods on the ends better.

BraunSugar -- I used the blue ones, but the longer, thinner blue ones, not the short, thick ones. I'm usually OK with the way my twists come out on flexirods, but I don't usually put so many twists onto one roller, I guess I was being lazy... Now I know better...:ohwell:

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
cowashed todaywith joico conditioner in the brown bottle and the giovanni in the green bottle (sorry I can't remember the names). Applied some leave to the braid shaft then sealed with safflower oil. Massaged my scalp with Jojoba, avocado, and peppermint oil.

I will most likely be doing this all week.

NikkiQ

Once I take these braids out, I'll get DH to take my starting pic for me. Once these are out, I'm bunning until the next wash day.

ajoke

I really need to wash and restyle my hair before he end of this week as I am back to work next week.....too many visitors....

IMFOCSD

Good luck with the challenge ladies, I am so upset with my hair & will be sitting this one out :( for whatever I experienced some breakage in the back left so I will be cutting & hiding. I'm rooting for you all though! :)

Evolving78

Good luck with the challenge ladies, I am so upset with my hair & will be sitting this one out :( for whatever I experienced some breakage in the back left so I will be cutting & hiding. I'm rooting for you all though! :)

well that sucks! and you don't know the cause? i still think you should stay in the challenge. i mean this is a protective style challenge. you can twist, braid, etc... while you hide.

NikkiQ

For the ladies that cowash and bun, are you bunning right after cowashing or waiting until it dries to bun?

IMFOCSD

well that sucks! and you don't know the cause? i still think you should stay in the challenge. i mean this is a protective style challenge. you can twist, braid, etc... while you hide.

Thank u shortdub78 and you are right, I will think about joining the challenge... I will give myself to the end of the day to decide. It's either this challenge or I will be wearing wigs for a while.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Start by Sharing:

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)?
Im doing braids, twists, and buns until my new growths csny manage

2. What is your style maintenance regimen?

Dc every Thursday, co wash every three days, moisture every other night with S curl and seal with nutiva coconut oil (love

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Relaxed

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge?
Get healthy hair and make it stronger

5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days?
Maybe 2 days
6. Include Starting Pic. (You are not a challenger without a pic).

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130103_133719.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130103_133719.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 35

BraunSugar

Breakage??? What do you think happened? :nono:

BraunSugar

For the ladies that cowash and bun, are you bunning right after cowashing or waiting until it dries to bun?

I don't do this often, but I wait until my hair is damp like 60% dry. I can't ponytail or bun on wet hair anymore. It causes breakage where the ponytail holder is for me.

IMFOCSD

Breakage??? What do you think happened? :nono:

BraunSugar I'm not really sure, it's mostly in the nape area but it's making my ends look thin but my hair feels thick & people always tell me I have thick hair...and I'm like o_O I guess lol. I am gonna cut it to above APL and I should be fine. I'm gonna post before & after pics somewhere... maybe I will just make a thread...dunno yet lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Last edited:

NikkiQ

After I detangle my hair, I apply my styling product to my sectioned hair (It's already sectioned from detangling). It's usually about 8 sections. Doing that keeps it from getting too fluffy or frizzy.

Ooohhhhhhhh styling product! I'm so :nuts:. I never thought of putting styling product on after cowashing to bun. I need to be slapped for not thinking of that.:hardslap:

g.lo

NikkiQ , I usually cowash at night! apply my leave in , seal and put the hair in 4 plaites. the next morning it is still damp and i will bun! i have also noticed that bunning on soaking wet hair causes breakage.